Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode VII teases Tatooine in IMAX

Production continues today on the set of J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII and Bad Robot has taken to Twitter with a sneak peek of an IMAX camera filming what is presumably going to double as the desert world of Tatooine. IMAX has, meanwhile, confirmed that their cameras are being used for the December 18, 2015 release, although it remains to be seen how much of the final film will be shot in the format.

Since it was revealed on Sunday that production has already wrapped in Abu Dhabi, there's a good chance that this image is at least a month old (or, potentially, part of a second unit shoot).

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
J.J. Abrams reveals X-Wing in new Star Wars: Force for Change video

On the set of Star Wars: Episode VII, director J.J. Abrams was interrupted by an X-Wing pilot and rogue robot as he announced the chance for fans to win an advance private screening of Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We are so grateful for the support that the fans from over 119 countries have shown for Force for Change," said Abrams. "As we close this final week, we've added an additional prize that allows the fans the opportunity to see the movie early as a thank you for supporting such a great cause as UNICEF's innovative, lifesaving work for children." By contributing at any level by July 25th, participants will be eligible for all prizes including a chance to be in the movie.

"Star Wars: Force for Change" impressively raised over one million dollars within the first 24 hours of its launch - a record for Omaze, the fundraising platform. So far contributors from 119 countries around the world have backed "Force for Change," in support of the United Nations Children's Fund’s (UNICEF) Innovation Labs and programs. UNICEF's network of 14 Innovation Labs help create sustainable solutions to critical issues facing children around the world in the areas of nutrition, water, health, and education. The funds raised through "Star Wars: Force for Change" will impact the lives of children around the world, through projects like MobiStation, a portable, solar-powered educational kit to ensure children have access to quality learning anywhere, and Rapid FTR (Family Tracing and Reunification), a mobile phone application that helps reunite separated and unaccompanied children with their families in natural disasters. Fans can continue to pledge support and enter for a chance win until 11:59pm on July 25.

The "Star Wars: Force for Change" Grand Prize includes:
· Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
· Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
· Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
· Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII

Disney committed US $1 million to support the launch of "Star Wars: Force for Change." Star Wars continues to inspire generations of dreamers and doers to use their creativity to accomplish great things. Star Wars and Lucasfilm were built on the belief that in uniting creativity with innovation, you can make the impossible possible.

Visit StarWars.com/ForceForChange to learn more about this new charitable initiative and the work of UNICEF's Innovation Labs and programs, and be sure to enter through contribution or free entry for your chance to win at Omaze.com/StarWars. May the Force be with you!

UPDATE: There's been some debate as to whether this is an X-Wing, an X-Wing prototype or the Z-95 Headhunter. Lucasfilm has now confirmed this is indeed the Star Wars: Episode VII X-Wing in the below tweet:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
A new photo teases Mark Hamill's Star Wars: Episode VII look!

There's a number of caveats to a newly-released image of Mark Hamill standing outside a Star Wars: Episode VII sign at Pinewood Studios, but that shouldn't deter fans from getting excited by what appears to be Hamill's new Luke Skywalker look. Check it out below!

The photo was snapped by Hamill's son, Nathan Hamill, and also features an appearance by "Lava Bear," one of Nathan Hamill's artistic creations (learn more at his official site).

It was first hinted that the elder Hamill would have a beard in the new film back in June, although the facial hair has certainly evolved since then into a look rather reminiscent of Sir Alec Guiness' Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Bear in mind, the J.J. Abrams film has been on production hiatus due to Harrison Ford's injury and there's no hard proof that this is anything close to the final look we'll be seeing on the big screen come December 18, 2015. Still, for fans who have been waiting decades for the return of Luke Skywalker, this particular image is bound to create some big smiles.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First look at the Star Wars: Episode VII stormtroopers?

The Imperial Forces will be getting a new look in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII, according to images posted by Indie Revolver. According to the site, what we're looking at are the new Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper helmets from the December 18, 2015 release. What do you think of the designs?

Much like the new X-Wing, the Episode VII production appears to be borrowing from the original trilogy production concepts by Ralph McQuarrie and Joe Johnston.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Star Wars: Episode VII set photo shows off some familiar starships

Production recently resumed on Star Wars: Episode VII, following Harrison Ford's on-set injury, and with it comes a new set photo. Making Star Wars spotted a photo of a local flying school in South London which revealed a tarp-covered X-Wing as well as half of the fan-favorite Millennium Falcon. Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Get up close and personal with Star Wars: Episode VII's Millennium Falcon with an unlikely surprise

Following the overhead images of the Millennium Falcon that debuted online last week, Bad Robot Productions has released a video of the fan-favorite ship on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII and it features a rather interesting Easter egg for those keeping up with the Star Wars/DC shenanigans that have been going on between Zack Snyder and J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot. Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Warwick Davis will return for Star Wars: Episode VII

Back in April, when the cast for Star Wars: Episode VII was officially announced, a number of familiar faces from the franchise were present, including Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker, and now Lucasfilm has confirmed that another fan favorite actor will return: Warwick Davis!

Davis made his acting debut as Wicket the Ewok in Star Wars: Episode VI The Return of the Jedi and went on to reprise that role in the TV movies The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. He also appeared as Weazel and Wald in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Though what role Davis will play isn't disclosed, check out the funny announcement video in the player below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Filming for Star Wars: Episode VII wraps!

After starting principal photography in May of this year, production has now officially wrapped on Star Wars: Episode VII as cast and crew finished their final days of shooting at England's Pinewood Studios.

The end of photography was marked by a warm thank you card signed by director J.J. Abrams as well as producers Kathleen Kennedy and Bryan Burke, which James Rose tweeted a pic of alongside a crew hat. Here's the entire text:

To the Extraordinary Cast and Crew of Episode VII:

It is a true honor and absolute joy to come to set every day and work alongside each of you. Your professionalism, passion and patience is more deeply appreciated than we could ever express. From the deserts of Abu Dhabi, to the Forest of Dean, to the stages of Pinewood, you have risen to every challenge and been as wonderfully kind as you are brilliantly talented. Our ambition here is large, of course, and it must be: we are here to make a film that entertains millions of people, of all ages, for generations. To create an experience people will cherish watching as much as we will cherish having made it, together. How lovely it would be if you had, in addition to your name on the screen, some actual real tangible proof that you were part of it! Here, then, is that proof. Wear it well, wear it healthily, wear it proudly. But, mostly, thank you.

With Love, JJ Abrams Kathleen Kennedy Bryan Burke

On Saturday, November 1, the Star Wars; Episode VII gang took to London's Science Museum for an elaborate wrap party, where many of the film's stars were seen (via lining up in limos, including Original Trilogy trio Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and… Simon Pegg? Yes, the Shaun of the Dead star who has been frequently rumored for a cameo all but made it official by his appearance, but that remains to be confirmed.

Newcomer John Boyega also Instagrammed pics of himself and co-star R2-D2 from the party, which you can see below along with our wrap party gallery!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode VII officially titled Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm have announced today, following the completion of principal photography, that Star Wars: Episode VII is now officially titled Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Αργό...πεtrailer.:DΚαι ο νέος τύπος φωτόσπαθου που θυμίζει... Σταυροφόρους.:lol:
Όλα θα αλλάξουν στο VIII όπου θα ανακαλύψουν την πυρίτιδα. :D

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Γιατί κοροϊδεύετε βρε ? Και γαμώ τα trailer είναι.

Εγώ σκ@το...πωρώθηκα λέμε βλέποντας το !!!!!!!!!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Andy Serkis confirmed as voice of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer

ABC’s Good Morning America made it a good morning to be a fan of a galaxy far far away today, as the show confirmed what many have been speculating on since the Friday trailer debut of Star Wars: The Force Awakens… Andy Serkis is the voice narrating the teaser.

The show laid to rest those pesky Benedict Cumberbatch rumors (but would not reveal their source), although other sites including HitFix had been confirming Serkis over the weekend, not to mention that fans of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes no doubt recognize the similarity of those signature gravelly pipes to the mighty Caesar. Serkis is currently seeking awards consideration for his motion capture role in Dawn.

file_51944_0_serkisperfcapWhile GMA was able to drop easily obtainable tidbits, including how many seconds of actual footage (39 seconds) and how many words (15 words) are in the trailer (which has been viewed by more than 40 million people online in 3-days), Jedi News was able to dig up info on who Serkis is actually playing. The rumor states Serkis actually has TWO roles in The Force Awakens, one a part of a “group of unbelievably athletic and acrobatic motion capture characters” also played by parkour expert Pip Anderson and Crystal Clarke. The other is a “pivotal role in the first act story arc that entwines with Daisy Ridley’s backstory that may have more to it than it seems in the first instance.”

Based on the concept art leaks that have made their way online, we would hazard to guess that this second character may be the small blue turban-sporting alien confronted by Daisy Ridley’s character in several drawings. The nature of the trailer voice and stature of the character could lead us to believe this is a new Yoda-like figure, possibly an ex-Jedi in hiding since Order 66, though that is pure speculation at this point. There’s also been scuttlebutt that Serkis’ studio The Imaginarium has been pioneering new methods of utilizing performance capture for on-set animatronics as opposed to CGI, and this might be one of those characters.

Finally, the show brought attention to an Instagram posting by John Boyega thanking fans for their support and fan art since the trailer debuted, including a sly knock at the dark side of fandom that has reared its racist head online. Check out the photo below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Names of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens characters revealed!

Two weeks ago, the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuted online, and with it came out first look at several new characters set to appear in the upcoming sequel. Now, Disney and Lucasfilm (via EW) have come up with the genius plan to introduce fans to these new characters through images styled after Topps trading cards. Check them all out below!

Among the names revealed are Oscar Isaac’s character as Poe Dameron, Daisy Ridley’s character as Rey, John Boyega’s Stormtrooper character as Finn, the unseen Sith with the fancy new lightsaber as Kylo Ren, and the infamous “ball droid” as BB-8. One week from today marks one year until the release of the upcoming film, might we be getting more trading cards on that date? Check back and see!

Reactions: PPG

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Mark Hamill talks absence from Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer

When the teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuted online two weeks ago, one of the many things fans were quick to notice was the lack of characters from the original trilogy. Speaking with Yahoo!, original and returning cast member Mark Hamill talked about the reasoning behind this.

“This is about the new generation of characters; I think that’s the most important thing. It’s the opening act of a whole new approach to the storytelling. So I never thought that the stories would be – first of all, I never thought I’d be involved in it again, period. And then when George [Lucas] said that they wanted to do more, I rightly assumed that it wouldn’t be our story, because we had a beginning, a middle, and an end. This must be our offspring and the current generation, with us there lending the kind of support that Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness did in the original. So no, that didn’t surprise me. And I mean, I’m one of those people where I just think, ‘Keep me out of it. I’ll ruin it, I’m sure!’ [Laughs] I’ll show up and just ruin the whole thing.”

Hamill also spoke about the practical effects used in the film, including the previously-dubbed “Ball droid,” which we now know is called BB-8 and Hamill reveals is a practical effect.

“They never cease to amaze me with what they’re able to come up with, you know? I said, ‘How are you ever gonna top R2-D2, the most adorable droid in movie history?’ And then they have this new one. I can’t even tell you his name, but you saw it in the trailer, and when they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set — because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop — I was just amazed. They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight. And not having thought that I’d ever go back there, to go back into that world, is just – I get the chills. It’s just so much fun.”

Bhutia

Hidden Guru
Editor
Reaction score
Γιατί κοροϊδεύετε βρε ? Και γαμώ τα trailer είναι.
Εγώ σκ@το...πωρώθηκα λέμε βλέποντας το !!!!!!!!!
Και για όσους προτιμούν τα...μικρά καλάθια,δύο trailer αποκαλυπτικά ως προς την πολιτεία του...J.J. Αβραμόπουλου :

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New photo of the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Fortune magazine has debuted their latest profile piece, focusing on Disney CEO Bob Iger, and along with it comes a new shot of the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Iger and the fabled ship also landed on the cover of the magazine. You can check out both photos below and learn how the image of Iger and the “hunk of junk” was created by clicking here.

Reaction score
Με αυτή την καινούρια μόδα στα φωτόσπαθα... πρέπει να προσέχεις πολύ να μην κοπείς!

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
Nika