Terminator: Genisys (2015)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Schwarzenegger calls new Terminator script 'Fantastic,' reveals production details

Production on the latest Terminator film is set to begin this April and unlike the previous entry, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be returning to the franchise, presumably as one of the titular robots. Speaking at a fan even at the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus (via The Arnold Fans), Schwarzenegger was very optimistic about the shoot and gave some new details about locations and his thoughts on the script.

"We start filming in the middle or in the end of April and it will be a four or four-and-a-half month long shoot. We will be filming it in New Orleans with some of it in San Francisco and maybe a little of it in LA but most of it will be done in New Orleans. I'm really looking forward to that because as you know, the last time when they did the Terminator, it was when I was Governor and so I couldn't be in that movie but now I'm back again and they are very excited about having me in the film... The script is fantastic so I'm really looking forward to this film."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
J.K. Simmons joins Terminator: Genesis

Possibly one of the most recognizable character actors of the past decade and a half, J.K. Simmons, who famously played J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi's three "Spider-Man" movies, has been picked by director Alan Taylor to play a role in the upcoming Terminator: Genesis as a "weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzenegger reveals Terminator: Genesis plot details!

With production on Terminator: Genesis set to begin next month, details are beginning to emerge about what fans can expect for the franchise's fifth big screen entry. Speaking with MTV, star Arnold Schwarzenegger reveals that the script calls for multiple versions of his T-800, including a "young" take!

"'Terminator' deals a lot with time travel," the former California Governor tells the outlet, "so there will be a younger T-800, and then [there is] what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets ahold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie."

Schwarzenegger goes on to explain the film's solution to having his robotic character looking three decades older than he did in the James Cameron original.

"The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath," he says. "It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Dayo Okeniyi takes final lead in Terminator: Genesis

It was reported earlier this week that casting was underway for the final leading role in Terminator: Genesis. At the time, John Boyega was said to be the leading choice to play the son of Miles Dyson, the Cyberdyne engineer largely responsible for the birth of Skynet, although it was noted that the Attack the Block star was also up for a role in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII and could not appear in both projects. Today, Variety reveals that The Hunger Games and The Spectacular Now star Dayo Okeniyi has taken the part.

Joe Morton played the elder Dyson in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, with the character later appearing, played by Phil Morris, on the television series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Okeniyi was also said to be in the running for Star Wars: Episode VII. While today's casting news is hardly confirmation, it's looking more likely than even that Boyega will heading to a galaxy far, far away.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Byung-hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt join Terminator: Genesis

Byung-hun Lee, the actor who played Storm Shadow in both "G.I. Joe" films, has joined the ensemble cast of the upcoming Terminator: Genesis, says The Hollywood Reporter, along with "Mad Men" actor Michael Gladis and "House of Cards" actress Sandrine Holt. No word on who these three will play in the upcoming reboot, though production is expected to begin on the film later this month.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Cameras roll on Terminator: Genesis!

Production is officially underway on Terminator: Genesis! Skydance Productions just posted the below image of the shoot's very first slate to their Facebook page along with the following message:

::SKYNET preparation routines complete.
::Initialization sequence complete.
::Reboot initiating in 03m00s.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Doctor Who's Matt Smith joins Terminator reboot in major role

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions announced today that "Doctor Who" star Matt Smith will join the cast of the upcoming Terminator reboot.

Smith will play a new character with a strong connection to John Connor, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi and Byung Hun Lee.

Smith is best known for playing The Doctor on the popular "Doctor Who" television series during the 2011-2103 seasons. His other television credits include "Christopher and His Kind," "Moses Jones," and "The Street." He can be seen next on the big screen in Lost River, directed by Ryan Gosling, alongside Christina Hendricks, Saoirse Ronan and Eva Mendes.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The first set photos from the Terminator reboot have arrived!

With the much-anticipated sequel now about a month into production, the first set photos from director Alan Taylor's Terminator reboot have turned up at The Daily Mail.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger on the set of Terminator

New photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger on the set of the upcoming Terminator film, currently shooting in New Orleans, have popped up online and can be seen below.

Those wondering why the Terminator might be sporting grey hair will find an explanation from the man himself from just a few months back. "The way that the character is written, it's a machine underneath. It's this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator's flesh ages, just like any other human being's flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages," he said.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Terminator reboot wraps production, Officially titled Terminator Genisys

Production has officially wrapped on the upcoming "Terminator" reboot and star Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed the title for the film in a post on his Facebook - Terminator Genisys. Schwarzenegger revealed the title along with an image of him on the set which you can check out below.

"Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of Terminator Genisys for a fantastic shoot," he wrote. "It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding. From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup - we couldn't have done it without you. I can't wait to see our finished project and I know we'll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I'll be back."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Terminator Genisys sets sequels for both 2017 and 2018!

The fifth big screen Terminator film, Terminator Genisys, is already set to hit the big screen on July 1, 2015. Now, Paramount Pictures has lined up two additional sequels. One will arrive on May 19, 2017 and the other on June 29, 2018.

Although nothing has been officially confirmed, it appears very likely that the next two films will shoot back to back.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jai Courtney talks Terminator Genisys rating, setting and sequels

It's easy to forget when thinking about the landscape of 2015's blockbusters that a new "Terminator" movie is on the horizon, but come next July Paramount Pictures will bring us Terminator Genisys, the start of a new trilogy of films. Speaking with a number of outlets, A Good Day to Die Hard's Jai Courtney, who takes on the Kyle Reese role in the film, talked about the upcoming project, which he says isn't exactly a sequel or a reboot.

"What I can say is that we start in a place we're familiar with from the early films and then, you know, circumstances change. It somewhat shifts the course of events from that point," he told The Huffington Post. "It's not necessarily a sequel or a reboot. I don't even know how you brand it correctly. We're not remaking one of the early 'Terminator' movies. And it doesn't necessarily carry on from the point where we left off."

Meanwhile, in an interview with The Arnold Fans, Courtney was asked if he thought the film would be rated R, which doesn't seem likely according to the star.

"I would love to see it be rated R, but I don't think it will. I think in this day & age, it's much more likely to be PG-13. There were no f-bombs. But there'll be a healthy amount of movie violence."

Courtney was also asked about shooting the already-announced sequels to the film and whether franchise star Arnold Schwarzenegger would return.

"Hard to imagine a Terminator film without Arnold. I guess we start filming - I think the plan is do the next 2 back to back in 2016."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
James Cameron reveals advice he gave Terminator Genisys producer

This past week, James Cameron was present for a 30th Anniversary screening of sci-fi thriller The Terminator, which will be getting another reboot/sequel next summer in the form of Terminator Genisys. Though Cameron isn't directly involved with the film, he did reveal to Deadline that he gave the film's producer, David Ellison, an idea on how to utilize the now 67-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"I pointed out that the outer covering (of the Terminator) was actually not synthetic, that it was organic and therefore could age," Cameron revealed, echoing a statement Schwarzenegger said back in March. "You could theoretically have a Terminator that was sent back in time, missed his target, and ended up just kind of living on in society. Because he is a learning computer and has a brain as a central processor, he could actually become more human as he went along without getting discovered."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Terminator Genisys lands on the cover of EW as new story details emerge

Entertainment Weekly has just released two covers for their upcoming issue and they feature our first official look at the upcoming Terminator Genisys which you can check out below. In addition, some new details on what to expect from the film have been revealed by the outlet, which confirms the long gestating rumors that the film will feature moments from the first two films in the franchise, albeit through a new lens.

"It's like going on tour again if you’'e Pink Floyd - the audience always wants to hear some of the old songs," former Doctor Who Matt Smith said. "There are enough nods to the past that people will feel satisfied."

Though EW doesn't mention who Smith plays in the film, they do note that he plays a "close ally" of John Connor.

The big piece of news for the film's plot is in how different Sarah Connor (played by Emilia Clarke) will be portrayed in the film. According to the report, Sarah was orphaned at 9 years old due to a Terminator sent back in time and as a result is raised by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Terminator, whom she calls “Pops." This older T-800 is "programmed to guard rather than to kill," and has apparently rubbed of on Sarah as she is described as "great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion."

"Since she was 9 years old, she has been told everything that was supposed to happen," producer David Ellison says. "But Sarah fundamentally rejects that destiny. She says, 'That's not what I want to do.' It's her decision that drives the story in a very different direction."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Terminator Genisys: More photos and details revealed

Following yesterday's cover reveal, Entertainment Weekly has debuted some more photos for the upcoming Terminator Genisys, one of them our first official look at Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming film. In addition, the magazine has revealed even more details, one of which also confirms some long-standing rumors about the film, so with that in mind, we're going to issue a potential spoiler warning.

First, EW reports that the film will be recreating Schwarzenegger's memorable emergence from the original 1984 film at L.A.’s Griffith Observatory using both a body double and digital scans of his face from Cameron's film.

"It's the holy grail of visual effects," Producer David Ellison says. "You create a walking, breathing human that doesn't exist."

The outlet goes on to reveal that, despite the filmmakers wishing to keep it secret, the film's villain will be a man-machine hybrid which the're hoping will be a "visual game changer" along with the digital Arnold.

"Part of the challenge is to dazzle people with something they haven't seen before," director Alan Taylor says. "There are elements in our main villain that are straining the capacities of our brilliant visual-effects people. So that's a good sign."

Check out the new images in the gallery viewer below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Terminator Genisys: new photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800

A new photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the T-800 in Terminator Genisys has surfaced and can be viewed below. According to Twitter user cClinkenbeard (via The Arnold Fans), the photo was discovered by a German tour group at Paramount Pictures.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
He is back! The Terminator Genisys trailer is here!

Paramount Pictures has released the trailer for Terminator Genisys which you can watch below!

Το official trailer 1 που μόλις κυκλοφόρησεεεεεεεεε:

Last edited:

Staff online

• spylab
    Shalom
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members