X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Από την αυγή του πολιτισμού, λατρευόταν σαν θεός. Ο Apocalypse, ο πρώτος και ισχυρότερος μεταλλαγμένος από το σύμπαν των X-Men της Marvel, έχει συγκεντρώσει τις δυνάμεις πολλών άλλων μεταλλαγμένων, καταλήγοντας αθάνατος και ανίκητος. Ξυπνώντας μετά από χιλιάδες χρόνια, απογοητεύεται από τον κόσμο που βρίσκει και σχηματίζει μια ομάδα παντοδύναμων μεταλλαγμένων, συμπεριλαμβανομένου και του αποκαρδιωμένου Μαγκνέτο (Μάικλ Φασμπέντερ), για να «καθαρίσει» την ανθρωπότητα και να δημιουργήσει έναν νέο κόσμο, στον οποίο θα κυριαρχεί. Καθώς η μοίρα της Γης κρέμεται από μια κλωστή, η Ρέιβεν (Τζένιφερ Λόρενς), μαζί με την βοήθεια του Καθηγητή Χ (Τζέιμς ΜακΑβόι), πρέπει να ηγηθεί μιας ομάδας νέων X-Men για να σταματήσουν τον μεγαλύτερο εχθρό τους και να σώσουν την ανθρωπότητα από την απόλυτη καταστροφή.

Release Date: May 27, 2016

Following the critically acclaimed global smash hit "X-Men: Days of Future Past," director Bryan Singer returns with "X-Men: Apocalypse." Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshipped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.

Cast: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar Isaac, Nicholas Hoult, Rose Byrne, Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Olivia Munn, Lucas Till, Evan Peters, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Josh Helman, Lana Condor, Ben Hardy

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Bryan Singer
Screenwriter: Simon Kinberg
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://x-menmovies.com / https://www.facebook.com/xmenmovies

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016!

In a surprise move, Bryan Singer today revealed the title of the next chapter of 20th Century Fox's popular X-Men franchise. May 27, 2016 will see the release of X-Men: Apocalypse!

Apocalypse, created by Louise and Walter Simonson, made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

The character's most popular storyline, "The Age of Apocalypse," ran in the X-Men books beginning in 1995. Set in a parallel reality formed by interference to the timeline, "The Age of Apocalypse" saw Professor Charles Xavier murdered before he could form the X-Men. Instead, a very different take on the team began with Magneto leading them through a post-apocalyptic America ruled by mutants.

Since next summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past involves a time travel storyline, it's likely that a filmic take on "The Age of Apocalypse" could spin out of the new film's ending. It's certainly something that 20th Century Fox has considered as ComingSoon.net has learned that domains like AgeofApocalypsemovie.com have been registered by the studio for years. What's more, Singer's new film is set to introduce key "Age of Apocalypse" characters like Bishop (Omar Sy) and Blink (Bingbing Fan).

At this stage, however, all that's confirmed is the May 27, 2016 release date, which puts X-Men: Apocalypse up against Walt Disney Pictures' Alice in Wonderland 2.

X-Men: Days of Future Past, meanwhile, hits the big screen May 23, 2014.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer assembles X2 writers for X-Men: Apocalypse

Little is officially known about the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, which was announced two weeks ago, but thanks to director Bryan Singer we now have an idea of who is behind the scenes for the sequel. Singer tweeted about a "Late night X-Men Apocalypse story session" last night and the photo included not only Singer and X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg, but also X2: X-Men United screenwriters Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris! This marks the first time since "X2" that Dougherty and Harris have worked on an X-Men film. Though it remains to be seen who will officially pen the screenplay for the sequel, it's certainly exciting to see former franchise writers return to the series.

In addition, Singer added "It's snowing in Egypt!" to his tweet, which might seem unrelated but Egypt was in fact the birth place of Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur's in the original source material.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer talks X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Days of Future Past doesn't hit theaters until May 23, but Bryan Singer is already working on X-Men: Apocalypse, which was recently set for a May 27, 2016 release.

Talking to EW, Singer said he is "co-writing the story and I’m producing it. I'm negotiating to direct. We're in the process. We're trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it."

He also told the magazine that he's not sure if "Days of Future Past" will include a tease for "Apocalypse." "I'm still deciding that. Something that happens in this movie causes what's going to happen in that movie."

And what can he reveal about the 2016 movie? "It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It's something that's always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The Wolverine sequel to film after X-Men: Apocalypse

Director Bryan Singer is working hard at finishing up X-Men: Days of Future Past for its Memorial Day release while also prepping the screenplay for 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, which might have some fans of 20th Century Fox's mutant movie franchise wondering where that leaves Hugh Jackman's Wolverine in terms of another solo movie.

Filmmaker James Mangold has already committed to writing a sequel to The Wolverine although Jackman has been less committal, having played the character now for over 15 years and really wanting to make sure that there's a reason to do another solo movie. (Wolverine plays a big part in Singer's upcoming movie but there's no word whether he'll appear in "Apocalypse.")

Regardless of whether they'll need to recast or Jackman will come around when 20th Century Fox gives him however much money he wants, someone on Twitter was curious enough to ask James Mangold when we might see the sequel and oddly enough, Mangold responded on his Twitter feed, a response you can see below:

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Gambit and Nightcrawler heading to X-Men: Apocalypse?

Although X-Men: Days of Future Past won't hit theaters until May 23, director Bryan Singer is already looking to the future of the X-Men franchise with X-Men: Apocalypse. Mexican site Cine Premiere (via CBM) spoke with Singer, who revealed that he's looking at including both Gambit and Nightcrawler in the May 27, 2016 release.

"I'm considering Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for 'Apocalypse,'" Singer told the outlet (the quotes have, however, been translated back into English from Spanish). "I was going to have Nightcrawler [in 'Days of Future Past'] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants into the story."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg tease X-Men: Apocalypse!

Even though X-Men: Days of Future Past won't open in theaters until next month, plans are already in motion for the next "X-Men" adventure with X-Men: Apocalypse. Director Bryan Singer has already assembled a team to develop the film including "Days of Future Past" screenwriter Simon Kinberg and X2: X-Men United writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty. The group have already broken some elements of the story, which Singer says won't be an exact replication of the "Age of Apocalypse" story line.

"[The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe," Singer told [EW, "But there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with."

"From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there'll be disaster movie imagery," Kinberg added. "Like the title would imply."

Singer also admitted that X-Men: Apocalypse won't exactly be set up by the ending of "Days of Future Past," but "Days" will set up the potential for the film.

"You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we'll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen."

Singer also confirmed to the publication that "Apocalypse" will focus primarily on the returning cast members from X-Men: First Class, including James McAvoy's Charles Xavier, Michael Fassbender's Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, and Nicholas Hoult's Beast, in addition to some younger versions of other mutants like the previously-teased Gambit and Nightcrawler.

"I'm excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," Singer said about the film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner confirms Channing Tatum as Gambit

He's been campaigning for the role since last September, and revealed he had a meeting about playing the character back in April, and now longtime "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner confirms that Channing Tatum is Gambit. Though no official deal has been put in place, Donner revealed to Total Film that, to her at least, Tatum is the character.

"Well you know he's a rogue, Channing. He's a rascal, just like Remy LeBeau, and he can handle the action, we all know that. He's got a really good heart, because I know him personally, I did a movie with him. So I think he'll be great, he'll be great for Gambit, and he's a southerner too, he's not from New Orleans but he is a southerner and he understands that world, and you know Gambit loves New Orleans."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Some original cast to return for X-Men: Apocalypse

With X-Men: Days of Future Past currently proving its massive box office draw, 20th Century Fox is already getting things ready to prepare for the next film, X-Men: Apocalypse, set to hit the big screen May 27, 2016. In a conversation with The Daily Beast, producer and screenwriter Simon Kinberg dropped an interesting detail about the planned eighth entry in Fox's big screen X-Universe, claiming that it, too, would feature "original" cast members.

"It will focus primarily on the 'First Class' cast," he says, "but it will certainly have some of the original cast involved, too."

Which cast members might those be? One of them is almost certainly Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, who has all-but confirmed his involvement in the project. Another might be Patrick Stewart who, in a recent report, teased a post-Days of Future Past reprisal of his Professor Charles Xavier. (He has, after all, appeared in every big screen X-Men film except for First Class). If Stewart does appear, however, does that necessarily mean that time travel will again be involved in the storyline? Could we see the alternate future of the popular comic book storyline Age of Apocalypse? Only time will tell, so keep checking back for details as they become available!

wizzy

Music is our (Supernatural) friend!
Reaction score
I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE. CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer teases the X-Men: Apocalypse treatment

We're still almost two years away from the release of X-Men: Apocalypse on May 27, 2016, but today director Bryan Singer has posted on his Instagram account the below tease of the treatment by Singer, Simon Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris.

As you can see, what we're looking at is a prologue battle set at the Nile and involving the Four Horsemen, who were also seen in the end credits scene of X-Men: Days of Future Past along with En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse).

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Is James McAvoy going bald for X-Men: Apocalypse?

James McAvoy sounds like he's going to be going bald. The X-Men: Days of Future Past star is set to reprise his role as Professor Charles Xavier in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse, set for release in 2016. The star hints that this time, however, he's going going to be looking a bit more like the comic book iteration of Professor X.

"I'll be older in this one," McAvoy tells The Huffington Post "[And] I think I'm losing my hair finally."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Simon Kinberg teases returning characters, Potential re-casting for X-Men: Apocalypse

Even before this year's colossal hit X-Men: Days of Future Past debuted, 20th Century Fox was already making plans for a follow-up in the form of X-Men: Apocalypse. Since then, a few more details on the film have been revealed, including what mutants could pop up and who could return, but so far the majority of what we know is that it will focus primarily on the returning "First Class" characters.

Series writer and producer Simon Kinberg took part in a Q&A with Yahoo! recently in which he was asked about the upcoming film and whether we might see some of the other future mutants (Kitty Pryde, Bishop) return for future X-Men films.

"The X-Men film that we're working on now as everybody knows is X-Men: Apocalypse and that really follows the stories of the let's say 'First Class' X-Men. Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, many others of that generation of X-Men. So, in future X-Men films? Perhaps, but in 'Apocalypse' it will really be the continuation of the 'past' of 'Days of Future Past.'"

Kinberg was also asked about recasting any of the original "X-Men" actors for the upcoming "Apocalypse," to which he replied:

"If we included some of the original X-Men, like Storm, Jean, Scott, and others, yeah we would have to recast them, because Apocalypse takes place a good twenty years before "X1," which now insanely was fifteen years ago. It would be very hard to do. Halle, Famke, and Jimmy, and others have done such wonderful jobs of bringing those characters to life and they're so identified, those actors, with the parts now. So it would be a tall task, but I also would have said before "First Class" there would be no way we could find actors who could stand alongside Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, and I think we managed to with Michael and James finding their own interpretation of the characters, not doing an impersonation. So, are we going to have to recast? If some of those characters were in the movie we would, but we'll see."

Despite being purposefully vague about whether or not these characters could appear in the film, Kinberg has already mentioned previously that some of the original characters will be present for the next movie. It could be argued that he was referencing Hugh Jackman's Wolverine or perhaps Patrick Stewart's Charles Xavier, but given director Bryan Singer was quoted as saying he wanted to introduce "familiar characters at different ages" in the film, it seems likely we'll be seeing younger versions of the original cast.

Kinberg, along with X2: X-Men United writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, is developing the screenplay for the film which Bryan Singer will return to once again direct. X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer confirmed to direct X-Men: Apocalypse

Although the decision was already all-but-confirmed, 20th Century Fox has today officially revealed that Bryan Singer is set to helm his fourth X-Men film with 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse. Singer will direct from a script by Simon Kinberg, Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Quicksilver teased for X-Men: Apocalypse and maybe even his own solo film

Evan Peters' scene-stealing Quicksilver, who made his big screen debut in Bryan Singer's recent X-Men: Days of Future Past, is racing back to 20th Century Fox's X-franchise. According to second unit director Brian Smrz, there's a "fun" scene planned for 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse.

"They want me to start pretty soon, on the storyboarding and stuff," Smrz tells Newsarama. "I’ll be working on the next X-Men for the next month or so part-time, and by the end of the year it’ll be full-time... There will be another Quicksilver scene, which I'm looking forward to. That'll be fun."

Smrz, who was heavily involved in shooting Peters' impressive slow-motion action scene, even goes on to suggest that discussions have been raised about giving Peters' popular character his own solo film.

"We talked about Quicksilver before," responds Smrz when asked what sort of film he'd like to direct. "I'd love to do a Quicksilver as a solo film because there's a lot to enjoy with that character."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
X-Men: Apocalypse to focus heavily on Magneto and Mystique romance

Details are beginning to come together surrounding director Bryan Singer's next foray into 20th Century Fox's cinematic X-Universe, X-Men: Apocalypse. Today, The Hollywood Reporter claims that the script has a heavy focus on the romance between Michael Fassbender's Magneto and Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique. According to the outlet, that plot is "front and center" to the storyline. Coupling this information with what we learned in September about the dynamic between Mystique and Nicholas Hoult's Beast, it sounds like a safe bet that we'll see some kind of romantic triangle.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence says Mystique needs to be in hiding in X-Men: Apocalypse

Just a week after learning that the forthcoming X-Men: Apocalypse will focus on Magneto and Mystique’s relationship, Raven herself Jennifer Lawrence was asked about her shape-shifting character and where we’ll find her when the 2016 sequel begins.

“She’s very complex,” Lawrence tells IGN. “She’s a hero to her own race in a way which makes her a villain to her opposite race. I don’t really know where she’s going to go. I’ve had a few conversations about where we’ll find her. She obviously needs to be in hiding somewhere.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Breaking: Oscar Isaac takes villain role in X-Men: Apocalypse

Although The Dark Knight Rises star Tom Hardy was recently rumored for the role, Variety has just revealed that the X-Men: Apocalypse villain role (almost certainly the titular En Sabbah Nur) has gone to Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Oscar Isaac!

Apocalypse (that blueish fellow featured in the “Days of Future Past” post-credits tease), was created by Louise and Walter Simonson. The character made his debut in “X-Factor” #6. The world’s first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

Isaac’s recent credits include the title role in Joel and Ethan Coen’s Inside Llewyn Davis and, set for release on December 31, J.C. Chandor’s A Most Violent Year, wherein Isaac headlines opposite Jessica Chastain.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Oscar Isaac talks finding humanity in X-Men: Apocalypse

Last week, it was revealed that Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Oscar Isaac would be taking on the titular villain role in Fox’s upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. Now, speaking with IGN, Isaac opened up about what he hopes to achieve with playing the character and who he hopes to see on screen with him.

“Just as Bryan’s done with the other films, I think he seeks to find something a little more interesting than the archetypal aspects of the characters, which work really well in print, but for a film I think you want to see a bit more of the — for lack of a better word — humanity in [Apocalypse]; because ultimately this is a story about humans….It’s just different symbols for different things that we feel. So with this character I am incredibly interested in the challenge of finding someone that’s psychologically interesting and compelling, and actually the spiritual aspects of the character.”

Isaac went on to say he hopes that Ben Foster can reprise his role of Warren Worthington III, AKA Angel from X-Men: The Last Stand.

“He’s a great actor,” Isaac said. “I don’t really know how they’re going to put all that together or exactly what characters, or how that’s going to work. But I know Angel and Archangel in particular were some of my favorite characters in that storyline. That was such a cool and dark storyline. I think that would be a cool thing to see on film.”

The topic of adapting comics to the screen also came up which Isaac says is definitely important but not the priority for a film.

“Ultimately, it’s about making something compelling and interesting to watch. I think being faithful to certain characters from the comics is very important, but it’s a different medium. I think, ultimately, you want to make a great movie. That’s the most important part, and then finding, if not the exact details, the soul of the characters, of the stories, of what the whole thing was. Those aspects, even if you’re moving certain things around and maybe not being true to this particular storyline and adding this new thing, I think those are much more important. The experience of it will be much more compelling in the end.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
No Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen for X-Men: Apocalypse

It’s not exactly a surprise given what we know so far about Bryan Singer’s upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, but Patrick Stewart confirmed today that neither he nor Ian McKellen would be reprising their respective roles as Charles Xavier or Erik Lehnsherr in the forthcoming mutant ensemble.

“I was learning quite a lot more about it last night,” Stewart tells Larry King (via Yahoo! Movies), hinting that he’s still maintaining a close connection to the franchise. “It is going to be looking very much at the earlier lives of all our characters. And so I don’t think we’ll be making an appearance.”

It was also recently reported that the new film is looking to cast younger versions of Jean Grey (Phoenix), Scott Summers (Cyclops) and Ororo Monroe (Storm). You can take a look at some of the names rumored to be in contention by clicking here.

Τελευταια Μηνυματα

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
k.dimitriadis