X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Oscar Isaac talks costume for X-Men: Apocalypse

Looks like Yahoo! became “The First One” to hear about En Sabah Nur’s (a.k.a. Apocalypse) appearance in X-Men: Apocalypse while talking to actor Oscar Isaac about the physical requirements to bring the arch mutant villain to life.

“It’ll be a mix [of practical and digital],” said Isaac. “I haven’t had a script so I haven’t had a chance to look through the script and see what the exact requirements are, but I think it’ll be a mixture of physical, aided with some robotic technology.”

That’s a refreshing approach to a larger-than-life character who could very easily be created with motion capture ala The Hulk, yet director Bryan Singer clearly understands that when you cast an actor of Isaac’s range and nuance you want as much of the real thing on set as possible. Actor Brendan Pedder portrayed a 5000-years-younger version of Apocalypse without the trademark armor in the post-credits scene of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Isaac continues, “After we finish here I’m heading to do a head cast [for ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’], which they do often. You spend 3-4 hours with them putting plaster all over your head and they get a sense of what your face is like and what shape your head is, so they can start figuring out the costume and the make up and all that stuff, which is pretty fun.”

You can read what Isaac said about one of Apocalypse’s powers at SuperHeroHype as well.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan join X-Men: Apocalypse!

X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer announced on his Twitter today that Alexandra Shipp will play Storm, Sophie Turner will play Jean Grey, and Tye Sheridan will play Cyclops in the May 27, 2016 release!

Shipp is known playing KT Rush on the show “House of Anubis” and for headlining Lifetime’s recent biopic “Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B,” Turner is known for her role as Sansa Stark on HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” and Sheridan has starred in The Tree of Life, Mud and Joe.

The trio is joining James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar Isaac and Nicholas Hoult in X-Men: Apocalypse, which is scripted by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Rose Byrne is back for X-Men: Apocalypse, Fantastic Four crossover possible?

After learning last week that Alexandra Shipp will play Storm, Sophie Turner will play Jean Grey, and Tye Sheridan will play Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse, we now have confirmation that Rose Byrne will reprise her role of Moira MacTaggert from X-Men: First Class.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, “Apocalypse” writer and producer Simon Kinberg says that MacTaggert is “a significant character in the movie. We ended First Class with Charles having wiped portions of her memory of her experience with the X-Men. They are, essentially, strangers to her when she meets them.” He adds that there will be further developments between Professor Charles Xavier and Byrne’s character. “It’s certainly a rich relationship that we started to dig into in First Class, and would like to mine more in this one.”

Kinberg reiterated that “Apocalypse” “is the completion of the first arcs of Charles, Eric, Raven, and Hank, who are essentially our main characters. They’re such young actors and young characters, so there’s a lot more story to tell. But as a first phase of their lives, there is this feeling of closure by the end of the movie.”

Also, with the movie being set in the 1980s, can we see characters like Dazzler? “Could happen,” Kinberg laughed. “We’re certainly looking at mutants that would fit into the period.”

We got our first look at the Fantastic Four teaser trailer this week as well and Kinberg addressed the question whether those characters could ever crossover with the “X-Men” franchise. “The reboot of FanFour really needed to work in and of itself. We were doing something pretty radical with the tone of the movie. If we wanted to find a way to connect them to the X-Men, we could. There’s a lot of precedent from the comics.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Sophie Turner talks Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse

The upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse is aiming to be both a closing chapter and a new start for the classic Marvel characters on the big screen. Though planned as the conclusion of the “First Class” trilogy, the film will also introduce younger versions of previously-seen characters and seemingly pave the road for a new batch of “X-Men” movies to follow. One of those new additions is “Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, who believes her work on the HBO series led to her getting cast in the film.

“I think maybe one of the reasons that they chose me for [Jean] is because they saw the dark side of Sansa,” Turner tells IGN. “Maybe they’re thinking, ‘Oh, Phoenix, Jean Grey.’ I definitely see a lot of parallels in there…..[Jean] struggles with her power… and not being accepted in the human world. I think in terms of [Game of Thrones], that’s kind of the way Sansa felt in that she really wanted to be a normal princess/queen and live a normal life — and she doesn’t, because of all this havoc happens. I think Jean, in a way, feels that.”

Turner went on to talk about the influence of Famke Janssen in the role, saying she plans to emulate her in addition to bringing her own flair to the character.

“I think Famke played Jean incredibly well, but also, I’m playing a younger version of her,” Turner said. “I want to emulate Famke in a sense, because she has to seem like the Jean in the first two movies, but I’m also going to put my own twist on her. I think I’m also going to take inspiration from the comics. I don’t know, we’ll see.”

In other X-Men news, building off of yesterday’s images, director Bryan Singer tweeted out a new photo of set construction for “Apocalypse” as a brand new Cerebro is being built with the caption "Humble start of the 1983 (guess which set) #XmenApocalypse We'll get there. #ProfessorX". Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer shares production art from X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer has revealed perhaps his most interesting behind-the-scenes photo yet as pre-production continues on the highly-anticipated sequel. Singer revealed the below image on his Instagram account with the caption: “Some production art.” The art in question was done by production designer Grant Major, who worked on all three “The Lord of the Rings” films!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Kodi Smit-McPhee is Nightcrawler in X-Men: Apocalypse!

Nightcrawler, the “fuzzy elf” mutant with the ability to teleport, is headed back to the big screen! X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer just revealed (via his Instagram account) that Kodi Smit-McPhee (ParaNorman, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) will play the character in the May 27, 2016 release.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer teases more X-Men: Apocalypse concept art

With production on the much-anticipated comic book sequel gearing up in Montreal, X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer has again taken to Instagram today to tease some of the film’s concept art. As you can see in his embedded post below, the film is set to feature a newly-designed Cerebro helmet. Although Singer says that the actual photo was taken months ago, its reveal should serve as a light appetizer for hungry fans. Given the reveals we’ve received so far through Singer’s social media, it’s a fairly safe bet that there’s going to be more surprises on the way soon.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ben Hardy joins X-Men: Apocalypse in ‘significant’ comic book role

Although there’s no telling exactly who the actor is playing quite yet, Variety reports that “EastEnders” star Ben Hardy has joined the cast of Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse in a role that, according to the outlet, represents a “significant” character in the comic book Marvel Universe. Hardy’s name has been heard before in connection with the 20th Century Fox sequel. He was listed earlier this year as a contender to play Cyclops, although that role ultimately went to Tye Sheridan.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
X-Men: Apocalypse recruits newcomer Lana Condor as Jubilee

X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer took to Instagram today to announce another new addition to the film’s cast in the form of newcomer Lana Condor, who will take on the role of Jubilation Lee, AKA Jubilee.

I'd officially like to welcome our newest mutant #JubilationLee, #Jubilee @LanaCondor to #XMEN #Apocalypse

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer debuts more production art from X-Men: Apocalypse

As he did last month, X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer has revealed some production art from the upcoming film which you can check out below. The image features none other than the mutant Angel in what appears to be some kind of circus. A recent addition to the cast, Ben Hardy, was reported solely as a “significant character” in the film, which could in fact be Warren Worthington III.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer reveals Angel concept art for X-Men: Apocalypse

As was speculated the last time he revealed concept art for X-Men: Apocalypse, director Bryan Singer has revealed to Empire that actor Ben Hardy is indeed playing Angel in the upcoming film.

“Ben Hardy is Angel – I shall confirm it for you!” said Singer. “But he’s not a very nice Angel! And that’s all I’ll say…”

In addition, two more pieces of concept art have debuted online showing the character with his wings extended and hidden. Check them out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Olivia Munn joins X-Men: Apocalypse as Psylocke!

The ensemble cast of Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse expands today as the director reveals that Olivia Munn (“The Newsroom,” Magic Mike) will be playing Betsy Braddock (aka Psylocke) in the upcoming franchise sequel!

Like quite a few Marvel mutants, Psylocke’s comic book history is a bit strange. Elizabeth Braddock first appeared in 1976’s “Captain Britain” #8 as the twin sister of the UK book’s title hero. It wasn’t until a decade later in the pages of “New Mutants Annual” #2 that Braddock, a telepath, took over the body and abilities of a Japanese ninja, Kwannon, becoming the X-Men member known as Psylocke.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer confirms Lucas Till will return as Havok for X-Men: Apocalypse

Director Bryan Singer has taken to Twitter to reveal that X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past star Lucas Till is set to return as Havoc for the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. An interesting point to note is that Till will share the screen with Tye Sheridan, who plays the young Cyclops in the film, marking the first time the two brother characters have appeared in the same film in the franchise’s history. Given the age difference in the two, however, it’s possible they may not be related as they are in the source material.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
X-Men: Apocalypse’s Oscar Isaac talks assembling his horsemen

If there’s one thing that the X-Men villain Apocalypse is known for, it’s his four horsemen made up of former members of the hero team. The group was previously teased in the post-credit scene of last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, and in a recent interview with IGN, Oscar Isaac (who will play the titular villain) opened up about the recruitment of the horsemen as seen in the film.

“Without giving anything away, the recruitment of the Four Horsemen is very cool,” he said. “It’s very interesting the way that he does that. You know the idea of – the way that cult leaders do – they find people that are in need of something and try to fulfill that thing in them – as it relates to every one of the Horseman….On an individual level he’s able to reveal the true power of his Horsemen and what’s true to them. And I think to reveal the weakness – how weak we’ve become. Because this is an ancient entity. So to come to – I think 1983 – and say, ‘How did the world become so weak? How did we allow ourselves to become to weak and to enslave ourselves.’ I think that’s where he’s coming from.”

The Star Wars: The Force Awakens star was also asked if he was excited about playing a character with a number of different forms, to which he replied:

“Absolutely. And at the same time figuring out what the limits are and how it relates to how he moves and what it costs him. That’s always a fun thing. So to be able to sit with [writer/producer] Simon Kinberg and – as a fan – just go through it and be like, ‘Well what about this!?! You know, this is something that he does in the comics and is there a way to incorporate this? Or if he has this power suddenly how do we make that not come out of nowhere?’ So it’s really fun to map that thing out. But yes, the nature of how his powers manifest themselves is to a certain extent quite open to interpretation. Because there are so many and they are so vast.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
BAMF! Take a first look at Kodi Smit-McPhee as X-Men: Apocalypse’s Nightcrawler

20th Century Fox has released a quick sneak peek for the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse featuring Kodi Smit-McPhee as the teleporting mutant Nightcrawler.

In addition, writer/producer Simon Kinberg shared a photo from the set of the upcoming film revealing that today is the first day of production and they’re filming a sequence set in a movie theater playing a familiar film. Check them both out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New X-Men: Apocalypse concept art spans centuries

Things are really kicking into high gear when it comes to next summer’s franchise blockbuster X-Men: Apocalypse. Hot on the heels of today’s official reveal of Kodi Smit-McPhee as the teleporting mutant Nightcrawler comes, courtesy of Empire, a look at some of the concept art being used for the Bryan Singer film, which spans all the way from ancient Egypt to the film’s “present day” in 1983. Check out two scans in the gallery viewer below courtesy of SuperHeroHype Forums contributor “GuestStar2004.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bryan Singer calls X-Men: Apocalypse a ‘big monster of a movie’

Following the scanned images that debuted yesterday, Empire has debuted high-quality versions of the X-Men: Apocalypse concept art which you can check out in the gallery below. In addition, they spoke with director Bryan Singer, who talked about the size of the upcoming sequel.

“It’s a big monster of a movie,” 
he tells the outlet. “The stakes are so high and global and the villain 
is so mythic. It’s definitely an X-Men movie, but it really feels different.”

Singer also spoke about the inclusion of the “young X-Men” that will appear in the film such as Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm, saying:

“They’re as much a part 
of the movie as our main cast. Scott is not yet the squeaky-clean leader. Storm is 
a troubled character who is going down the wrong path in life. And Jean is complex, interesting and not fully mature. It’s fun to see someone struggling with their powers when you know one day they’ll become the most powerful person in the world.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First official look at X-Men: Apocalypse’s Jean Grey and Jubilee

Production for X-Men: Apocalypse began earlier this week and though some set photos have appeared online, director Bryan Singer has taken to Instragram to offer our first official look at Sophie Turner as Jean Grey and Lana Condor as Jubilee. Check out the image below along with another behind-the-scenes photo of Singer on the set at an ’80s arcade, Space Port.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Meet Cyclops’ parents in a new X-Men: Apocalypse behind-the-scenes image

Production continues today on 20th Century Fox’s summer 2016 mutant ensemble, X-Men: Apocalypse. As he’s been doing since X-Men: Days of Future Past, director Bryan Singer has taken to Instagram with a series of behind-the-scenes images with the latest giving us a first look at the parents of Cyclops (Tye Sheridan) and Havok (Lucas Till). Assuming that we’re seeing Christopher and Katherine Anne Summers in the image and not a pair of foster parents, it seems unlikely that we’re going to see Christopher Summers’ transition into the space-traveling rogue, Corsair. Check out the full image below! We’re not sure who the actors are quite yet, but we’ll update this story as soon as we find out.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
James McAvoy goes bald for X-Men: Apocalypse!

Production continues on 20th Century Fox’s summer 2016 mutant ensemble, X-Men: Apocalypse, and director Bryan Singer has taken to Instagram to reveal an event that has been long in the making since James McAvoy was cast as Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class: the character’s traditional bald head. Check it out below!

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • loggeo
    Projectors

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members