Logan (2017)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
2024. Δέκα χρόνια μετά τα γεγονότα του «X-Men: Ημέρες ενός Ξεχασμένου Μέλλοντος», ο Λόγκαν έχει υποσχεθεί να αφήσει πίσω του το βίαιο παρελθόν του, ενώ οι δυνάμεις του, που του επέτρεπαν να θεραπεύεται με ιλιγγιώδεις ρυθμούς, έχουν ατονήσει. Αυτό θα αλλάξει όταν μία σατανική οργάνωση, υπό την ηγεσία του Ναθάνιελ Έσεξ, προσπαθεί να χρησιμοποιήσει τους εναπομείναντες μεταλλαγμένους στον κόσμο, μετατρέποντάς τους σε όπλα. Ο Λόγκαν θα χρειαστεί να απελευθερώσει τον Γουλβερίν για να αποτρέψει τα σχέδιά τους, με τη βοήθεια ενός νεαρού κοριτσιού που είναι κλώνος του.

Release Date: March 3, 2017 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)

Official plot details for the film have yet to be disclosed, but according to Patrick Stewart it could see Logan and Professor Xavier teaming up on the famous Old Man Logan story line, though this remains unconfirmed.

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Boyd Holbrook, Richard E. Grant, Stephen Merchant, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, Elizabeth Rodriguez

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Mangold
Screenwriter: David James Kelly, Michael Green
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://www.thewolverinemovie.com / https://www.facebook.com/TheWolverineMovie

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The Wolverine sequel finds a writer in David James Kelly, Hugh Jackman set to return

Following yesterday's announcement that James Mangold's sequel to last year's The Wolverine would be hitting theaters March 3, 2017, Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has set David James Kelly to provide the screenplay with Hugh Jackman set to once again play the Ol' Canucklehead.

The next solo Wolverine film will mark either Jackman's eighth or ninth big screen appearance as the character, depending on whether or not Wolverine is part of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse, arriving in 2016.

Kelly wrote and directed the crime thriller short "Straw Man" in 2010. He was also attached briefly to Fox's final attempt at rebooting Daredevil before the rights ultimately reverted back to Marvel. He's also adapting the comic book series Mind Management for the studio.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Hugh Jackman once again casts doubt on his future as Wolverine

Hugh Jackman has had a stellar career on the big screen as a superhero. Having appeared in all seven of the "X-Men" films, including the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, very few can lay claim to the same amount of time put into a single character on the big screen, but that time has to come to an end eventually. Jackman has previously expressed doubt about returning for the character, and even though it was previously reported that he will reprise the role for a third "Wolverine" film, the actor says that he still hasn't officially signed on for the film.

"I’m excited to see what we can come up with," Jackman said in an interview with SFX. "But I haven't signed on. I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."

When asked what story they might be looking at for the third film, Jackman replied:

"I don't know yet. We're talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Hugh Jackman reveals Wolverine teaser image

Following its debut during 20th Century’s Fox feature film presentation at Comic-Con International, early teaser art for the upcoming Untitled Wolverine Sequel has now officially been released by none other than Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman. The Academy Award nominee tweeted the design along with the request that fans tweet him back with the hashtag #OneLastTime and explain what they want to see from his final big screen appearance as the Marvel Comics character.

“My last time putting on the claws,” Jackman reiterates in his post. “What do you want to see happen? 50 words or less. I’ll read as many as I can.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Patrick Stewart confirms role in Wolverine 3

Earlier this year, Patrick Stewart revealed that there had been talks of teaming him up with Hugh Jackman for the upcoming third Wolverine film, calling it a “very different” type of movie from the other “X-Men” films he has been a part of.

Now, speaking with Collider, Stewart confirms that this is the route the film is taking and that he’s not just appearing in the film.

“There is a project in development. I understand that Professor Xavier will be making more than an appearance, however, and that intrigues me.”

The site also brought up the notion of the film being based on the Old Man Logan story arc, which contrary to other reports has not been confirmed, prompting this response from Stewart:

“The idea of an old Wolverine – I’m really looking forward to Hugh Jackman getting old. You know, damn him. He looks so great! So I’m hoping to see him covered in prosthetics, you know? And then he’ll make me look better if that’s the case.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Wolverine 3 to get an R rating?

With Deadpool decidedly in-the-black after one of the most stunning weekend box office performances of all-time, we can now expect many studios to start spicing up their superhero flicks with a healthy dose of blood, boobs and bad words to go for the R-rated gold. Whether or not that was the reason for Deadpool‘s success, it seems that 20th Century Fox is already doubling down on that idea by granting the upcoming Wolverine 3 R-rating privileges, at least according to Reddit user RayChaos who just got back from Fox’s Toy Fair presentation and posted the following image:

This will not be the franchise’s first flirtation with an R, as the last picture The Wolverine was released on Blu-Ray with an alternate unrated cut that provided fans with the most explicit mutant film to-date… until Deadpool, that is.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Narcos star Boyd Holbrook cast as lead villain in Wolverine 3!

Deadline reports that Narcos star Boyd Holbrook has joined Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart in the upcoming Wolverine 3! Holdbrook will play the lead villain of the film, a character that is described as “a relentless, calculating and intense head of security for a global enterprise who is set against Wolverine.” The outlet notes that a May start date is being planned for the film. Production will be set up in both New Orleans and New Mexico.

Rumors continue to swirl that the film is based on the famous Old Man Logan story line, though this remains unconfirmed. It’s also been previously rumored that the final film will be an R-rated take on Weapon X as well. The Wolverine saw an alternate R-rated cut released on home media after its theatrical release, but following the success of Deadpool with the rating (currently the highest grossing X-Men and R-rated movie of all time) we could be seeing a lot more blood when Wolverine next pops his claws.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Richard E Grant joins Wolverine 3

Richard E Grant has taken a mystery role in 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming third Wolverine movie. The Hollywood Reporter has the news, bringing word that the Withnail and I star will play a mad scientist in the James Mangold film. Of course, Marvel Comics has no shortage of mad scientist characters, meaning that Richard E Grant could be playing anyone from one of the major Weapon X players like Professor Andre Thorton or Dr. Abraham Cornelius or even somebody like Mister Sinister.

Richard E Grant joins a cast that includes Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Boyd Holbrook. A May start date is being planned with production set to take place in both New Orleans and New Mexico.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Stephen Merchant joins Wolverine 3

Stephen Merchant, star and co-creator of The Office, has taken a mystery role in 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming third Wolverine movie. News of Stephen Merchant’s involvement comes via Deadline and arrives on the heels of yesterday’s report that fellow British actor Richard E. Grant is also slated for an undisclosed role. The current cast for the film also includes Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Boyd Holbrook.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Eriq La Salle boards Wolverine 3

Another mystery role has been cast for 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming third Wolverine movie as Variety today reports that Eriq La Salle has joined the feature. News of the E.R. star’s involvement arrives on the heels of last week’s announcements that both Stephen Merchant and Richard E. Grant will play undisclosed roles. The current cast for the film also includes Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Boyd Holbrook.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Elise Neal has joined the Wolverine 3 cast

The Wolverine 3 cast is filling up quickly as yet another actress has joined the March 3, 2017 release. According to Variety, Elise Neal (“The Hughleys,” Scream 2, “Hollywood Divas”) will play a mystery role in the film directed by James Mangold from a script by David James Kelly.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Wolverine 3 confirmed for an R rating

As the cast for the upcoming Wolverine 3 continues to round out, an important update on the film comes from franchise producer Simon Kinberg, who confirmed to Collider that not only will the film carry its previously-rumored R rating, but that the movie has already begun filming!

“I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say about that. I will agree with you that Patrick Stewart was rumored to be a part of that film. It takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a western in its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film,” Kinberg said.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First look at Hugh Jackman on the Wolverine 3 set

20th Century Fox has officially started filming Wolverine 3 in New Orleans and Just Jared has posted the first photos from the set. You can view the photos below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Wolverine 3 set photos featuring Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart!

Following a first round of Wolverine 3 set photos last month, Just Jared has another look at the 20th Century Fox franchise sequel. You can view the photos, which feature Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart, below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Mister Sinister confirmed to appear in Wolverine 3

The mysterious post-credit scene for X-Men: Apocalypse delivered a nice teaser for fans with the reveal of “Essex Corp,” which naturally means the villain Mister Sinister is on his way, but to which film? Writer/producer Simon Kinberg previously said it could be a teaser for any number of X-Men movies, but on the commentary track for Apocalypse (as discovered by Cinema Blend), Kinberg and director Bryan Singer revealed that the villain will appear in Wolverine 3.

Given the cast of the film, there are a number of choices for who could be playing the villain in the film, including Boyd Holbrook (possible), Richard E. Grant (likely), or even Stephen Merchant (probably not). We know that the primary villains for the film will include both The Reavers, as well as Wolverine’s favorite group, Weapon X. It stands to reason that Sinister’s role in the film will be tied to the creation of X-23, the young female clone of Wolverine also along for the film’s road trip, which makes the post-credit scene for Apocalypse finally make some sense.

Mufasa

Top teaser
Reaction score
Ο σκηνοθέτης της ταινίας ανέβασε μία σελίδα από το σενάριο της ταινίας στο Twitter. Έτσι μας αποκάλυψε εμμέσως τον τίτλο του μέχρι πρότινος untitled sequel: Logan.

Όπως επίσης και το πρώτο επίσημο poster:

Wolverine_3.jpg

Από την αναρτημένη εικόνα του σεναρίου, μπορούμε να πάρουμε μία γεύση για την κατεύθυνση που ακολουθεί το φιλμ. Συγκεκριμένα, η ταινία δεν θα εμπεριέχει εξωπραγματικές σκηνές μάχης, φανφαροCGIές, ούτε θα ειναι μία προσομείωση άνιμε όπου όλοι πετάνε και εχουν μαλλί για να καρφώνεις μήλα πανω, oύτε θα ακούς με τα μάτια.

Ο ωμός ρεαλισμός θα είναι ο μαέστρος της υπόθεσης. Αν κάποιος πέσει από τον πέμπτο όροφο, θα πεθάνει. Αν τον χτυπήσει αυτοκίνητο, θα πάθει μεγάλη ζημιά.

Shit got serious.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Wolverine 3 title is Logan, James Mangold posts script page

Some big news on the Wolverine 3 front this morning! First off, star Hugh Jackman has revealed the title of the film via a social post of a billboard: Logan. Just Logan. There’s also what appears to be a child’s hand in the billboard, but whose? Let us know your theory in the comments below, and check out the full poster at the end of this post!

Second, in a move rather unprecedented for a highly-secretive event movie, director James Mangold has used his Twitter account to post a page from the Wolverine 3 script! Check it out below.

So what did we learn from this page? Well, for starters, it will most definitely be rated “R,” as the screenplay makes clear with an F-bomb, some graphic violence (someone goes after Logan with a drill!) and some very direct language stating that when people get hurt in this movie they die. There’s a reference to soft-pedaling in 2013’s The Wolverine, specifically the scene of Logan throwing a guy out the window and him landing in a pool. That won’t happen in this movie.

Second, as seen in a confrontation with a Latino gang, Logan’s powers will be vastly diminished in this movie, which leads to him being in more pain and chasing that pain with alcohol. So that may be where the “Old Man Logan” element comes in. This being Hugh Jackman’s supposed swan song from the franchise, it might be the last hurrah for his iteration of the character as well.

This all falls into line with what Jackman recently told ET, saying “There’s going to be some stuff coming out in the next week or so. That’s all I’ll say. I’m not good. I’m the kind of person who tells everybody everything. Basically it’s going to be different. Very different in tone and hopefully to anything we’ve done.”

Mister Sinister and his “Essex Corp” are confirmed to be the villain(s) of the film, with a number of choices for who could be playing him, including Boyd Holbrook (possible), Richard E. Grant (likely), or even Stephen Merchant (probably not). We know that the primary villains for the film will include both The Reavers, as well as Wolverine’s favorite group, Weapon X. It stands to reason that Sinister’s role in the film will be tied to the creation of X-23, the young female clone of Wolverine also along for the film’s road trip, which makes the post-credit scene for X-Men: Apocalypse finally make some sense.

The Logan cast also includes Patrick Stewart, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal and Elizabeth Rodriguez. The new film will mark the ninth time that Hugh Jackman has played the character on the big screen. James Mangold is directing from a script by David James Kelly. Look for it in theaters on March 3, 2017.

Το official poster:

Staff online

• spylab
    Shalom
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal