Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016)

Ποιον ήρωα συμπαθείτε περισσότερο;

• Superman

• Batman

Results are only viewable after voting.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ben Affleck to direct and co-write solo Batman movie

Deadline reports that a new dynamic duo is forming at Warner Bros. Pictures as Ben Affleck is set to co-write the script for an upcoming solo Batman movie with DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, a film which Affleck will also direct.

No stranger to the dark knight himself, Geoff Johns has written several issues for the character’s solo title in addition to both volumes of Batman: Earth One and Batman’s regular appearances in Justice League. Johns has also been responsible for several episodes of “Smallville,” “Arrow” and “The Flash,” which he co-developed.

The outlet also notes that the pair are reportedly in sync with each other and could have a draft completed as early as the end of the summer, just before Affleck goes to direct his next feature, an adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night. They reveal that the plot for the film will “reflect the Batman character” as he appears after his other DC films. No release date is currently set for the film, though it’s possible another movie in the DC slate will move to make room for the bat.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ένα από τα πιο φανταστικά trailer των τελευταίων ετών...!!!!!!
Η ταινία σίγουρα θα σαρώσει... ;)

Batman v Superman trailer: New footage from the anticipated movie

Warner Bros. Pictures has unveiled the second Batman v Superman trailer after debuting it at their San Diego Comic-Con Hall H panel. Check out the battle of the century below!

Το official comic-con trailer που τα σπάει !!!!!!

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New photo of the Dark Knight from Batman v Superman debuts

Something you may have noticed in the second trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which you can watch below, was a scene where Batman was wearing what appears to be a soldier disguise. Though we’re still not certain why he’s wearing this, the set photographer for the film, Clay Enos, has revealed a new promo shot of Ben Affleck’s dark knight in that exact outfit. Check it out below!

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice covers the latest Empire

Ben Affleck’s Dark Knight and Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel are getting ready to face off on the cover of the latest issue of Empire. Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Tao Okamoto’s Batman v Superman role confirmed

Rumored for some time, Tao Okamoto’s role in Zack Snyder’s upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has today been confirmed. Although the original announcement from Warner Bros. Pictures claimed that Okamoto would be playing a character created specifically for the film, this week’s episode of DC Comics’ behind the scenes news series DC All Access says that Okamoto will be playing Mercy Graves.

Graves, whose appearance in the film has been long rumored, is traditionally Lex Luthor’s bodyguard and personal assistant. Originally voiced by Lisa Edelstein, Mercy made her debut on “Superman: The Animated Series” in 1996. She was later brought into the DC Comics continuity and was a heavy influence on Cassidy Freeman’s “Smallville” character, Tess Mercer (which combined Mercy with the Superman: The Movie character, Valerie Perrine’s Eve Tessmacher).

Okamoto is well known to comic book movie aficionados for playing Mariko in James Mangold’s The Wolverine. She has also been appearing on the currently airing third season of “Hannibal”.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Batman v Superman photos give new peek at the 2016 release

Following their new cover debut, Empire has revealed three new Batman v Superman photos that you can view below! The photos feature Ben Affleck’s Batman and the Bat signal, Henry Cavill’s Superman in a burnt-out Wayne Manor, and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Batman v Superman: New details on the DC extended universe

CBM has gotten a hold of the latest issue of Empire magazine featuring their cover story on next year’s Batman v Superman, including new details on Aquaman, Suicide Squad‘s connection to Batman, the state of Wayne Manor, Superman’s relationship with Lois Lane and more!

“Initially I thought, ‘I’m older, it doesn’t seem like the right sort of fit for me,'” says star Ben Affleck of his decision to don the cape and cowl. “Then Zack pitched me his concept for this older, more broken, kind of f**ked up Batman. It was something we haven’t seen. We have seen that Batman is willing to cross the line to protect people. That vigilantism has been a part of his character all along, and we are tapping into that mentality when faced by something as potentially as deadly as Superman.”

“We are playing him 45 or 46,” director Zack Snyder confirms. “He has been Batman for 20 years. All the history is there. Was there a Robin at one time? Possibly. We want to assume that Batman has reached this point in his life and career as a superhero, and Superman represents a sort of philosophical change. He is a paradigm shift for Batman: ‘I’ve been fighting criminals all my life, trying to find justice, and now I am confronted with a concept that is transcendent to me.’ In the face of Superman, a man robbing a bank doesn’t matter. He’s having a crisis of conscience. ‘Am I really just a vigilante who stalks the alleys of Gotham?’ It is rich stuff that he deals with. Ben does an amazing job.”

The rage that has (to paraphrase a famous butler) turned this good man cruel is partly fueled by the many loved ones and heroes he has seen zipped into body bags during his two-decade tenure.

“He has lost those near and dear to him, and not necessarily from old age or disease…” said producer Charles Roven of the state of Batman’s world, which could entail not just the death of Robin but also his friend and Gotham PD ally Jim Gordon.

The darkness inherent in Snyder’s vision is an offshoot of the world established in Christopher Nolan’s stand-alone Dark Knight trilogy, which, while not technically related to the new films, does share its DNA with them. In actuality, much of the motivation for Snyder to pit Henry Cavill’s Supes against Gotham’s protector was because a solo Batman movie would be too much in the shadow of Christian Bale and Nolan right now.

“If it was a Batman movie it would be a much more difficult proposition because of how good Chris’ movies are,” adds Snyder. “We live in gratitude to those movies. Chris set a tone for the DC Universe, and separated us from Marvel in a great way. We are the legacy of those movies.”

Another big revelation relates to Batman’s appearance in the recent Suicide Squad trailer,
which is now confirmed as a prelude to the events of that film in which the Caped Crusader captures The Joker’s right-hand woman Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie). Indeed, Batman is responsible for putting all the anti-heroes of Task Force X in Belle Reve Penitentiary for Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) to do as she pleases.

“What we are doing is ground up all the way. It is one giant story,” Snyder explains. “The first thing we had was the Justice League concept. The other movies, in a way, have to support that. That is our Wonder Woman, our Aquaman. They have their own creative concepts that supports them, but they do serve Justice League in the coming together of those heroes. I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe. I have given everyone amazing access to our story, to me, and what we are doing. All the films have like-minded conceptual jumping on points.”

“We call it the sandbox,” adds Roven. “It has borders around it, but everybody gets to play in the sandbox. On ‘Suicide Squad,’ David Ayer has a lot of specific control over his area of the sandbox. Even if he crosses the line a little bit, we see if we can push our boundaries back a little bit.”

Indeed, the characters within the DC Extended Universe don’t necessarily reflect the black & white “good guy/bad guy” paradigm of the Marvel movies, with Affleck’s Batman essentially the antagonist of Batman v Superman… depending on your own idea of what makes a hero, that is.

“It’s a point of view thing,” opines Snyder. “That is why ‘Dawn of Justice’ is the full title. What it does is allow us to start this conversation.”

As for Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, don’t expect to see too much of The King of The Seven Seas in Dawn of Justice besides an “elusive cameo.”

“You will understand he exists,” Snyder promises of Aquaman, who will get his own solo film written by Kurt Johnstad (300) and directed by James Wan (Furious 7).

Lastly, production designer Patrick Tatopoulos (Independence Day, 300: Rise of an Empire) helps put to rest rumors of where Bruce Wayne hangs his hat since the trailer revealed a crumbling, decayed Wayne Manor.
Is Bruce homeless? When we pick things up in the film, Bruce is actually living comfortably in an idyllic lakeside structure known as the Glasshouse.

“Its footprint is minimal, it is part of nature,” Tatopoulos says of Wayne’s new home. “You are designing a house that would have been designed by van der Rohe, how ballsy is that? Bruce is the Bruce Wayne you know. He’s a playboy, he’s got money. He has this strength, but also an artistic sensibility. He’s got a past, a family who got him where he is today.”

The designer also reveals that Clark Kent and Lois Lane (Amy Adams) have shacked up together in a Metropolis apartment of their own, while all of Lex Luthor’s (Jesse Eisenberg) dwelling was shot in a Detroit museum.

“There are other things happening too,” says Tatopoulos. “Gotham is a very different city from Metropolis. Metropolis is Toronto on Steroids. Gotham is Detroit.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Hi-Res Batman v Superman photos, Wonder Woman and Justice League start dates

While scans of new Batman v Superman photos from Empire magazine surfaced yesterday, hi-res versions are now available and can be viewed below!

With the magazine now out, we’ve also learned more about when Wonder Woman and Justice League start filming. According to the cover story, director Patty Jenkins is currently in London prepping Wonder Woman for principal photography to start this fall. Wonder Woman is scheduled for a June 23, 2017 release and stars Gal Gadot and Chris Pine. Preparations are also underway for Justice League, which will start shooting in Spring 2016. Justice League Part One is scheduled for a November 10, 2017 release, while Justice League Part Two is coming on June 14, 2019.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Batmobile photo from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment have released a new Batmobile photo from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice that you can check out below! If you missed it yesterday, you can watch a video of the Batmobile arriving at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Hollywood, California as well.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jesse Eisenberg and Jeremy Irons talk Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The titans of DC Comics will finally all meet on the big screen in next year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but a number of other high-profile characters from the pages of comics will also appear, and they’re aiming to make you rethink what you think you know about them.

Speaking with the Toronto Sun, Jeremy Irons, who plays Bruce Wayne’s trusted butler Alfred Pennyworth in the film, opened up about his version of the character and what makes him unique this time around.

“Zack Snyder, the director, wanted to create a completely different Alfred. So I felt I didn’t have to carry any baggage from previous ones. It’s sort of a reincarnation if you’d like. I had a feeling I was creating my own Alfred, more of a man who can actually do anything if he has to.”

In addition, Jesse Eisenberg, who will take on the role of megalomaniac Lex Luthor, spoke with Observer about playing this type of character, calling it the most advantageous role he’s ever been given.

“In a lot of ways Luthor is more of a stretch than any character you would do in an independent movie, which is normally the place you stretch. So in that way it was not at all compromised. If anything it was the best, most advantageous role I’ve ever been given….The opportunity to do an interesting character on a movie of that scale is incredibly rare.”

On a related note, President of DC Entertainment Diane Nelson spoke at Variety’s Entertainment and Technology Summit and offered a cautionary word about maintaining the future of superhero films.

“We do believe we’re in a period time where comics and superheroes are really the driving force within pop culture,” Nelson said, echoing director Zack Snyder’s sentiments from last week. “We have to be really sensitive to making sure were not creating any stories that don’t feel like they’re ready to be told… We have to make sure we’re getting the right story and the right content from the talent we work with. Ultimately we think if it’s a great story people will go out to see it.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Batman v Superman: Michael Shannon & Amy Adams speak, plus Total Film cover

We have a whole batch of news on the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice front this morning, with revealing quotes about the film from co-stars Michael Shannon, Amy Adams and Scoot McNairy, not to mention a sneak peek at a new Batman v Superman magazine cover, which you can check out below!

First up is the somewhat unreliable Michael Shannon, who had previously said General Zod will have flippers in this movie only to recant later saying it was a joke. Now he has given Cinema Blend a slightly more plausible explanation of what the deceased Kryptonian’s role in the movie will be and just how much he will speak.

“Yeah, I say some stuff. But not a whole lot! I mean, I am dead,” Shannon laughs. “I’m just like a ghost. It’s kind of like Russell Crowe in the first one. Jor-El. For some reason, these Kryptonian spirits, they linger. Even once you crack my neck, you can’t shut me up.”

Up next is Amy Adams, who gave The Hollywood Reporter a brief description of a scene in the film where Lois Lane gets in between Bats and Supes in typical nosy reporter fashion.

“I can’t give too much away, but I’m coming into a scene and Batman and Superman are both in the scene, so I can say that,” Adams revealed. “And it was just fun. Because they had been working together for a couple weeks and just running it, seeing this dynamic. I’ll talk about this when we’re promoting the movie and we can tell more. But there were definitely funny moments involving bat-suits and such.”

Meanwhile another reporter for The Daily Planet, the ever-reliable Jimmy Olsen, is rumored to be played by Scoot McNairy (Argo) in the blockbuster, and although he didn’t confirm his “secret identity” to We Got This Covered, he did talk about the level of realism director Zack Snyder is shooting for.

“This is the superhero film that is more grounded in reality than any of the other ones,” said McNairy. “It’s a comic book movie, yes, but it’s very, very grounded.”

Finally, a contributor to the SuperHeroHype Forums named “William” has submitted a pic of the new Total Film cover giving us the “Big Three” of the movie striking a pose and looking rather iconic in the roles. You can see a much clearer pic of the December cover via Henry Cavill’s new Facebook page below, although the heroes are covered with more logos and such.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Four new images from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Earlier today, we ran the cover for the new issue of Total Film with a couple of quotes from the cast of Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is the magazine’s cover story.

We now have four new stills from the movie taken from the same cover story, including the one above featuring Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman in action as well as three more below, which show some behind the scenes shots of the face-off between the two main heroes in the title.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
More Batman v Superman photos debut online, Film’s opening scene detailed

Following the images that debuted earlier this week, more Batman v Superman photos from the pages of Total Film have debuted online including a (mostly) text free version of the cover! Check out the Batman v Superman photos below!

In addition, in Total Film‘s article (thanks to forum user Mrs. Wayne), star Henry Cavill went on to reveal that the “prologue” for the film will showcase the events of Man of Steel from Bruce Wayne’s perspective (as seen in the trailer for the film).

“What happens there is one of Bruce’s buildings gets destroyed and he’s trying to save all the people inside the building and he can’t. So he is this angry person who fears what Superman may do. Why are they just going to trust this super-powered alien? What if he does decide to turn against us?”

“He’s found himself in a place of harboring a tremendous amount of rage for Superman,” Affleck adds. “So it’s how he got there, and what that’s done to him, and what that’s done to people around him like Alfred, who are, I think, very scared and worried for him. It’s something that’s interesting and new.”

Affleck also opened up about the potential for his directing a solo Batman movie, which reports say he will after writing the script with comic scribe Geoff Johns.

“If I could make it work, yeah, Obviously that would be like a dream. The trick is, as to any movie, is to make sure that you – if you’re going to direct it – that you can make it good. You’ve got to have the right idea and the right take on it… Broadly speaking, it’s something I’d be open to, for sure. It’s a very exciting idea.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer is here!

The new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has arrived! Check it out in the player below!

Το official trailer 2:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice character posters debut!

Fans were rightfully ecstatic when the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer ended with a shot of DC’s “Trinity,” and to continue to whet your appetite, Warner Bros. Pictures has released three character posters for the film, one for each of the characters. Check out the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice character posters below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Lex Luthor photo from Batman v Superman emerges in viral content

Following his interview with Fortune Magazine in October, Wired has an “exclusive interview” with Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and with it a new image of the eccentric billionaire which you can view below.

MAD

Σιαρτάκιας
Reaction score
Ο Λέξ ήταν μεσήλικας και καραφλός! μεγάλο λάθος τέτοια στρέβλωση του χαρακτήρα!!!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ο Λέξ ήταν μεσήλικας και καραφλός! μεγάλο λάθος τέτοια στρέβλωση του χαρακτήρα!!!

Μην βιάζεσαι, λες να μην το γνωρίζουν αυτό τα τσακάλια της DC Comics και ο Zack Snyder ?
Μπορεί π.χ κατά την διάρκεια της ταινίας να δούμε και πως καραφλιάζει. Πάρε παράδειγμα το X-Men:Apocalypse που στο trailer που βγήκε πριν από λίγες μέρες, βλέπουμε στο τέλος του trailer τον Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) πως επιτέλους γίνεται καραφλός, και αυτό θα το δούμε μέσα από κάποια πράγματα που περνάει στην ταινία από ότι έχω διαβάσει. Ενώ στις προηγούμενες ταινίες είχε μαλιά κανονικά (X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days Of Future Past) όπως ήταν πολύ λογικό.
Κάτι παρόμοιο ίσως γίνεται σε αυτήν ή σε κάποια επόμενη ταινία Batman v Superman και με τον Lex Luthor... ;)

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
Nardo