Ant-Man And The Wasp (2018)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Release Date: July 6, 2018

Following our hero’s debut adventure in 2015's “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne. The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

Cast: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, Michael Douglas, Hannah John-Kamen, David Dastmalchian, T.I.

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Peyton Reed
Screenwriter: Adam McKay
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://marvel.com/antman / https://www.facebook.com/antman

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ant-Man and the Wasp director Peyton Reed talks about the sequel

As reported late last month, Peyton Reed is currently in final negotiations to step back up to the plate for the Marvel Studios sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp after successfully directing the first Ant-Man film, which has grossed more than $517 million at the worldwide box office. While promoting the December 8 release of Ant-Man on Blu-Ray/DVD, Reed spoke to MTV about the second installment and the importance of showcasing Evangeline Lilly’s Hope van Dyne, aka The Wasp.

“That was one of the things that was important to me in the first movie when I came on was emphasizing the Wasp more, both Hope Van Dyne and Janet Van Dyne,” Reed said. “It’s a crucial part. It’s a crucial part because in the comic books, with the exception of the first handful of Ant-Man stories, Wasp came on pretty early on in the comics in the ’60s and you really thought of them as a partnership, a romantic partnership as well as a hero team. It’s going to be fun to play around with all the aspects of that in this movie.”

Although their relationship was a little antagonistic at the beginning, Hope and Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang were definitely breaking the ice by the end of the first movie. A lot of that tension came from her dad Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) deliberately holding her back, despite being clearly capable, though now Hope has an opportunity to (literally) spread her wings.

“It’s such a no-brainer that there needs to be female heroes,” Reed said. “It’s about keeping the stories interesting and having fresh stories to tell. I always like that about Ant-Man and Wasp because it dealt with gender politics as well as superhero stuff. In the comics, particularly in the ’60s comics, the Janet Van Dyne Wasp was clearly written by all men and was pretty one-dimensional. She’s gotten much more dimensionalized since then. That’s one of those things that I think is going to be really exciting and fresh about this movie. You do feel a certain amount of responsibility. At the end of the day it’s organic to that character and the movie.”

In fact, the surprise addition of Ant-Man and the Wasp to Marvel’s ever-expanding Phase 3 slate will make Lilly the first female character to play a title role in a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.

“It’s been important to me in all my movies,” Reed continued. “It’s a huge part of ’Bring It On,’ strong female characters, and ’Down With Love’ is a movie about feminism. So to me it’s something that I’m just psyched to be able to explore in this movie.”

As for Pym’s wife Janet van Dyne (briefly glimpsed in-constume in an Ant-Man flashback), still lost among the surreal world of the Quantum Realm, it sounds like the hunt to bring her back to the land of the living will happen in the next movie, with Reed hinting that he has definite casting ideas for who to take on that role opposite Douglas. He has also apparently been privy to all of Rudd’s footage as Ant-Man in next summer’s all-star blockbuster Captain America: Civil War.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Peyton Reed on teaming up Ant-Man and the Wasp

We still have quite a few Marvel Studios films (Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Avengers: Infinity War Part I) before we get to see the Ant-Man sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, on July 6, 2018, but director Peyton Reed has already talked about some things you can expect.

Talking to Modern Myth Media, Reed said: “Well he’s a fugitive in most of the first Ant-Man movie. He’s just a bigger fugitive now. I think that’s one of the fun things and challenges about the Marvel movies for us, for the directors and for the writers, is you do have to sort of consider what happened in the previous movies in terms of your jumping-off point for those characters. It’s something we talked a lot about early on and we definitely have stuff figured out, so there will be some big leaps forward.”

He added that Evangeline Lilly’s Hope Van Dyne, AKA Wasp, will be a lead and not just a supporting character. “It’s something we’re excited about. For me as a comic nerd, I always thought of Ant-Man and Wasp as a team and that’s a lot of what the second movie is really about is how they work together, what their personal and professional relationships are like. To show her finally fully formed in this movie is really exciting. We really get to introduce this character into that universe. I mean we’ve introduced the character, but we haven’t seen her with her full power set and everything, so to me she’s not a supporting character in this movie. It’s every bit as much her movie as it is Scott Lang’s.”

And will Michael Peña’s Luis and the rest of the gang return? “Oh there’s definitely a chance! I’d say there’s a fighting chance for that to happen.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Evangeline Lilly talks Ant-Man and the Wasp, confirms Avengers 4 appearance

The Marvel Studios machine keeps chugging along with its phase three plans and they’re about to start including another female hero in a big way. Speaking with Blastr, Evangeline Lilly talked about the progress of the upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp and revealed she’ll be appearing in the (currently-untitled) Avengers 4.

“Right now an initial script has been created but it has not been approved by the higher powers that be, by the Feiges,” Lilly said of the Ant-Man sequel. “So I haven’t seen it yet but I have talked to Peyton (Reed) about where they’re headed and what they want to focus on. I’m excited because it’s essentially going to be the origin of the Wasp. We’re going to see the Wasp for the first time take on the mantle, and put on the suit, and fly about, and do her thing. Following that one, there’s an Avengers series coming out that’s a two-parter and the Wasp won’t be in the first part, she’ll be in the second part because they really want to preserve that reveal for Ant-Man and the Wasp so that they can give it its due time.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Hannah John-Kamen cast in Ant-Man and the Wasp

According to Variety, actress Hannah John-Kamen (Killjoys, Black Mirror, Game of Thrones) has been cast in a key role in Marvel Studios’ upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp. The up-and-coming, 27-year-old British actress will next be seen as F’Nale Zandor in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One, and as Sophie in the Tomb Raider reboot.

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
Nardo