Μερικές μουσικές προτάσεις για ακρόαση

Reaction score
Ξεχασμενη λευκη jazz funkια του 1970
ο τραγουδιστης του συγκροτηματος Jim Peterik δημιουργησε τους survivor και εγραψε το Eye of the tiger
Ides of March - Vehicle

wizzy

Music is our (Supernatural) friend!
Reaction score
Στο συγκεκριμένο thread παρουσιάζουμε ολόκληρους δίσκους (albums). Θα διατηρήσω το post σου, αλλά εάν έχεις κάποια ολοκληρωμένη κυκλοφορία να παρουσιάσεις (με μια μικρή παράγραφο), θα ήταν ευπρόσδεκτη!

Gojakla

Αρχαιολάγνος πιουριτανίστας
Reaction score
Album: The Race for Space
Year: 2015
Band: Public Service Broadcasting

Progressive ήχος... θυμίζει ίσως Archive... αλλά έχουν δικό τους στυλ.
Το ανακάλυψα τυχαία στο Spotify και τους βρίσκω καταπληκτικούς.
Το εν λόγω album έγινε σε συνεργασία με το British Film Institute και εξιστορεί τον "αγώνα δρόμου" μεταξύ Σοβιετικής Ένωσης και Ην. Πολιτειών για την κατάκτηση του διαστήματος την περίοδο '57-'72.

Όλο ακούγεται σαν ένα track IMHO... σαν concept album.
Τα FX γύρω απο τα κομμάτια και όλο το background του δίσκου σου μεταφέρουν την περίοδο αυτή σαν να παρακολουθείς κινηματογραφικό έργο.

Ως εκ τούτου, δεν θα σας παραθέσω κάποια συγκεκριμένα tracks, αλλά το παρακάτω video για να πιάσουμε και την ατμόσφαιρα του album...

Καλή ακρόαση.

Και μια Live εμφάνισή τους στον αγαπημένο μας πλέον, KEXP

Last edited:

Y

Yiannis_B

Δεν μπορώ να πω τίποτα, Sax Prodigy.

New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light
is the fourth studio album by Canada-based saxophonist Colin Stetson, released by Constellation Records in 2013. It is the final part of a trilogy of albums that also encompasses New History Warfare Vol. 1 (2007) and New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges (2011).

Stetson, whose contributions to the album were recorded live without overdubs or loops, is the sole musical performer on the album, with Bon Iver's Justin Vernon later providing vocals on four tracks. Production on the album was undertaken by Stetson in collaboration with Ben Frost. New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light was met with critical acclaim upon its release in April 2013 and was shortlisted for the 2013 Polaris Music Prize three months later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_History_Warfare_Vol._3:_To_See_More_Light

Vakis2000

Κλιψ κλαψ
Reaction score
Genesis - Entangled

When you're asleep they may show you
Aerial views of the ground,
Freudian slumber empty of sound.

Over the rooftops and houses,
Lost as it tries to be seen,
Fields of incentive covered with green.

Mesmerised children are playing,
Meant to be seen but not heard,
"Stop me from dreaming!"
"Don't be absurd!"

"Well if we can help you we will,
You're looking tired and ill.
As I count backwards
Your eyes become heavier still.
Sleep, won't you allow yourself fall?
Nothing can hurt you at all.
With your consent
I can experiment further still."

Madrigal music is playing,
Voices can faintly be heard,
"Please leave this patient undisturbed."

Sentenced to drift far away now,
Nothing is quite what it seems,
Sometimes entangled in your own dreams.

"Well, if we can help you we will,
Soon as you're tired and ill.
With your consent
We can experiment further still.

Well, thanks to our kindness and skill
You'll have no trouble until
You catch your breath
And the nurse will present you the bill!"

Gojakla

Αρχαιολάγνος πιουριτανίστας
Reaction score
Curtis Harding
Soul Power

Ένα album του 2015.
Ένα (ακόμα) album που "ανακάλυψα" / έπεσα τυχαία απο το spotify.
Ένα album που ισορροπεί μεταξύ r&b / indie / retro-soul.

A few years back, while negotiating offers from a handful of major labels for one of his previous bands, Curtis Harding realized he wanted no part of signing away his life or his music. "The things these labels were saying in our meetings, and what they were offering was ridiculous," Harding says. "We wouldn't have any control over the group, and we'd have to adhere to all of these things that they wanted us to do, as opposed to just working together, like how any happy, healthy relationship is supposed to work.

So I said, 'Fuck it!' I walked away from a major deal."

Ακούγεται μονορούφι.

tyler durden

Μη ριβγιούερ
Reaction score
Το ντεμπουτο του Christopher Duncan απο τη Γλασκωβη , ηταν για μενα η εκπληξη της χρονιας. Τρομερη αισθητικη, και ενα dream pop ακουσμα, ηχοι και υφος που παραπεμπει ακομα και στην ψυχεδελεια των 60s. Δισκαρα!

1 Say 4:01
2 Architect 3:44
3 Silence And Air 3:41
4 For 3:51
5 He Believes In Miracles 3:07
6 Garden 4:18
7 Here To There 3:49
8 By 3:38
9 New Water 4:21
10 Novices 5:25
11 As Sleeping Stones 4:23
12 I'll Be Gone By Winter 4:00

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
Jethro tull : thick as a brick

το άκουσα πάλι το Σ/Κ , καθ΄ ότι ΔΕΝ χρειάζεται ειδικός λόγος για να τους ακούσεις .

απλή γερμανική επανέκδοση του 80 σε απλό πολύ λεπτό βινύλιο και μεταχείρο ,

για να μην μακρηγορώ ΤΑΠΕΙΝΩΣΕ τις περισσότερες και καλά εγγραφές αναφοράς που έχω , το δε περιεχόμενο ; απλά μεγαλείο

Nick Arvanitakis

Audio Pro
Administrator
Reaction score
Sacri Cuori

The music of Sacri Cuori is a kaleidoscopic road trip through imaginary 60/70’s soundtrack music and post-folk sonics from Italy, Europa and beyond.

Ευχαριστώ τον George Tsekos .

Sacri Cuori - Delone

Z

Zdimis

Béla Fleck - Drive (2004)

Παροτρύνω να Δωσετε στον εαυτο σας αυτη την εμπειρια ακοροασης του εν λογω lp ασχετα απ την αγαπη σας για την αμερικανοβλαχικη μουσικη της υπαίθρου .Ισως μερικοι δεν εχουν ξανακουσει το συστημα τους να αναπαράγει τόσο ιδιαίτερα.Εγω το έπαθα σήμερα.

wizzy

Music is our (Supernatural) friend!
Reaction score
Λοιπόν, έχει από το πρωί που "ανακάλυψα" το πιο κάτω album και το προτείνω ανεπιφύλακτα.

Λίγα λόγια: Το συγκρότημα λέγεται Opus Diabolicum κι είναι από την Πορτογαλία. Το group αποτελείται από τρεις μουσικούς (αν και σε κάποια videoclips εμφανίζονται τέσσερις) που παίζουν cello (σας θυμίζει κάτι?). Η πρώτη, ομώνυμη δουλειά τους, αποτελείται αποκλειστικά από διασκευές (σας θυμίζει κάτι; Ρωτάω!) σε τραγούδια των Moonspell. Η ερμηνείες είναι καταπληκτικές, δίνουν μια εντελώς διαφορετική ταυτότητα σε γνωστά και μερικά όχι και τόσο γνωστά τραγούδια των Moonspell. Πιστεύω ακράδαντα ότι αξίζει το χρόνο σας, έστω κι ως μουσική υπόκρουση σε κάτι άλλο που μπορεί να κάνετε την ώρα που ακούτε το album.

Opus Diabolicum - Opus Diabolicum (a tribute to Moonspell)

...και μια μικρή ιστορία σχετικά τους Opus Diabolicum από τον Fernando Ribeiro (τραγουδιστής των Moonspell):

Opus Diabolicum By Fernando Ribeiro

Before you start dismissing O.D. as a mere Apocalyptica wannabe let me tell you a story, which might help you to get past your prejudice:

Six years ago or so, I was in one of that very, very tired days after weeks of shows and festivals. It was Summer, we were touring, a lot was happening, so I wasn't really in the mood to help out another project, help someone else's dreams with all the drama it invokes, you know the drill. Someone kept calling me with a stubborn insistence and I was already in a bad mood when I picked up the phone, in hope of forcing a peaceful and relaxing procrastination.

One night I went out with some friends to the hip disco/club in Lisbon and the kid behind that phone calls was there and came to say hi. He was a truly cool, humble guy and I started feeling sorry for not paying him and his idea more attention but sometimes stars just don't align. But we chatted the best we could through the noise, drinks, hipsters and of course my tiresome reluctance. He asked me to go outside to his car. Normally I never hear this from a boy , I didn't knew him, I was with company and I said no until I finally said yes and took off with a bunch of friends to the parking lot of the disco.

Valter and one of his companions took some cellos off their car's trunk and just started jamming Moonspell songs and then they got my undivided attention, like in a magical trick. I could recognize what was coming from those strings and movements, it was the Moonspell songs, but played through a different and enchanting voice which managed to gather a small crowd around us in pure ecstasy, rescued from DJ annoying playing stupid records inside the disco. Our songs outside, with cellos playing them, sounded pure, like dark crystal, like a water fountain springing some first drops which have been contained elsewhere, in another form.

Apocalyptica came to my head but for good reasons as what I was listening in front of me was different, very different even so familiar to me. Moonspell is not Metallica. Opus will not be Apocalyptica. They had the idea first, OK. They are great, OK. They even have met and encouraged Opus in one of their show in Lisbon. But if one is too kind just to take a few minutes to listen to Opus, believe me you will be entering a world where our most important songs, were transformed to give place to something else, something classic,something which reminds you of royal chambers for Art, a late afternoon,drinking and reading, patronizing Art and artists. There is something about the way OD translated our music into their cellos. Something that reminds me of good things, very good things. Something that conjures Bach, Henze, Arnell Andrea, 4 AD into the same banquet where Moonspell music is served. This is not your hooked on the classics, starlight orchestra or string tribute...This is real!

To recreate this parking lot experience is now at your hands. When we said goodbye that first time I told these young wolves: we will meet again and I will have something for you. When we did meet next time I was happy to keep my word (hoorray!): they joined us on stage as special guests for the sold-out Sombra tour in Portugal, where we recreated with OD's help our best songs and presented them on stage making thousands of fans falling in love with this new approach that was closer to a melodic, atmospheric heart many hold dearly in Moonspell.

Not only Opus was on stage with us many times as they had their own shows, getting our and their fans attention and respect through their commitment and musicianship. Myself included. To play in Wacken 2012 together was such an amazing dream come true to all of us and everybody still talk to us about that show, where they were bewitched with a little help of our own cello masters. Last time we played together was in Lisbon in front of over 10.000 people, headlining the Lisbon festivities.

To experience this is now possible and as far as Moonspell goes, as far as our music goes, and as far our artistic ambitions go, Opus Diabolicum, the work of the devil, is one of the best tributes one could think of for a band such as Moonspell. Opus had the difficult task of translating our moody repertoire into light. We have no massive hit songs, speed metal riffs or ballads the world sings along to.

Just like us, they are from Portugal where every musician with a new idea has to find their pack or die alone at the hands of the shitty industry we have. I am glad we could accommodate these young and talented cello wolves. And I ask you do the same. You will be surprised and never regret it.

Having said that: I believe you are ready to have everything invaded by Opus Diabolicum.

(πηγή)

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
- αν και το ακούω από τα ηχεία του pc , είναι και καλογραμμένο

Reaction score
Γιατρέ μου έχω κολλήσει άσχημα. Το κοιτάω αλλά δεν...
Μετά το ακούω όμως και νιώθω λίγο καλύτερα.
Και μετά χαλιέμαι που δεν το ακούω. Οπότε το ξανακούω.
Και το ξανακούω και εξανίσταμαι: Δεν είναι δυνατόν να υπάρχει τέτοιος ήχος το 2016.

Ασταναπάνε herr doctor...

Για φανς των Jethro και όχι μόνο. Το κοριτσάκι λάμπει!

Δέστε εδώ, μέσα στη βροχή, με τα ξενέρωτα Ολλανδάκια. Respect.-

Τελευταια Μηνυματα

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

Μέλη online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
k.dimitriadis