Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Στο Thor: Ragnarok, ο Thor είναι φυλακισμένος στην άλλη άκρη του σύμπαντος χωρίς το τρομερό του σφυρί. Πρέπει να νικήσει το χρόνο για να επιστρέψει στον πλανήτη Asgard και να σταματήσει το Ragnarok, δηλαδή την καταστροφή του πλανήτη του και του πολιτισμού του, από τα χέρια μιας νέας, παντοδύναμης απειλής, της αδίστακτης Hela. Πρώτα όμως πρέπει να στεφθεί νικητής μιας θανάσιμης μονομαχίας ενάντια στον πρώην σύμμαχό του και επίσης Εκδικητή – τον Απίθανο Hulk!

Release Date: November 3, 2017 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)

In Marvel Studios’ "Thor: Ragnarok," Thor will arrive in Asgard after hearing about trouble in his home world, and when he arrives he finds Loki’s style of ruling (while impersonating Odin) has led to some lapses in the rules and leads to the freeing of prisoner Hela. Thor and Hela naturally come to blows when they meet, which sees Thor “blasted” to Sakaar, described as “a barbaric planet ruled by the charming but nefarious Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum).” There he meets Valkyrie, who is hiding out on the planet, and brings him to the Grandmaster to make him a gladiator, where he meets the most popular competitor in the arena, The Hulk, and loses his trademark hair and hammer.

"Thor: Ragnarok" will feature the return of Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder himself, with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk, Idris Elba as Heimdall and Sir Anthony Hopkins again portraying Odin. Cate Blanchett plays the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, Jeff Goldblum stars as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life, and Karl Urban will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Sam Neill, Benedict Cumberbatch

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Taika Waititi
Screenwriter: Christopher Yost, Craig Kyle, Stephany Folsom
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://marvel.com/thor / https://www.facebook.com/Thor

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Will the God of thunder and The Hulk team up in Thor: Ragnarok?

Rumors have been circulating for years about what Marvel Studios would do with Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk following 2012’s The Avengers, and after the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the character’s fate is still very much up in the air, literally. Now, JoBlo brings word that the giant green rage monster might be appearing earlier than 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War and he’ll be teaming up with a fellow avenger.

According to the site, The Hulk will team up with Thor in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, bringing the two together after their little scuffles in The Avengers. The film will reportedly center on a “distant planet” that is “not Asgard and not Earth.” It’s unclear what this planet is or will be in the context of the film, though the constant rumors (amid denials) of a “Planet Hulk” film will likely lead to much speculation.

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Asgardian trilogy with a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) having secretly taken the throne in guise of his adoptive father Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi is in negotiations to direct the upcoming film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Mark Ruffalo teases Thor: Ragnarok, Not hopeful for solo Hulk film

We know that Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner/The Hulk are set to appear in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, but does that mean that Marvel Studios is closer to putting the giant green rage monster in his own movie now?

“Actually, it feels even further away,” Ruffalo tells USA Today. “It’s not Marvel’s property, it’s Universal’s property. I don’t know. It seems really problematic.”

That said, Ruffalo would still be interested in pursuing his own movie, citing the Banner/Hulk rivalry as fertile ground for exploration

“I’d love to do it, it’d be really fun. There’s a lot still to do with the character. I always try to think about different places we could go with him…When you get off of the planet Earth, you can start playing with that stuff a little bit. I’m angling for it. I don’t know if it’ll happen now, but at some point, I’d like to see it happen. When I was doing Age of Ultron — doing the Scarlet Witch acid trip scenes — it really took me a long time to figure out what the Hulk would be afraid of. And then I realized, it was Banner. That relationship is what we’re all so into, but we’ve never seen them in the same scene together — you’re either one or the other, or somewhere in between. But I always imagined that that could be pretty exciting if we could pull it off.”

The actor went on to tease the “buddy cop” Thor: Ragnarok, saying:

“I don’t know what the story is yet, but it’ll be (Loki) and Thor, and then I’ll be in there here and there. But I don’t know any of the particulars quite yet. I’ve talked to Taika (Waititi, the director) a little bit and I like where it’s headed. … Chris (Hemsworth) and I have a really good time together, we goof off and play around when Tom Hiddleston is around. So it’ll be a lot of funny back-and-forth, especially with Taika, he does that really well. It’ll have that kind of antagonistic Odd Couple-thing going on.”

Thor: Ragnarok will close out the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Asgardian trilogy. It features a screenplay by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Craig Kyle (producer on previous two Thor films), and will continue the cliffhanger ending of Thor: The Dark World wherein it was revealed that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has secretly taken the Asgardian throne in guise of his adoptive father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). The film will start pre-production in Queensland, Australia in January 2016 with filming to begin in June 2016.

“Flight of the Conchords” and What We Do in the Shadows helmer Taika Waititi will direct Thor: Ragnarok, which Marvel Studios will release on November 3, 2017 in 3D/2D theaters and IMAX.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Creed’s Tessa Thompson joins Thor: Ragnarok, Natalie Portman not returning

Deadline brings word that Creed star Tessa Thompson is set to join Thor: Ragnarok as both a female hero in the film and Chris Hemsworth’s love interest. You might be thinking that Thor already has a love interest in the MCU in Natalie Portman’s Dr. Jane Foster, but THR takes it a step further and reveals Portman will not be returning for the film.

Ironically, Thompson is set to star in the Alex Garland film Annihilation with Portman before starring in the Marvel film. Thompson is also a series regular on HBO’s upcoming Westworld with the Allfather himself, Anthony Hopkins.

It’s unclear which hero Thompson will play in the film, but some potential characters include Valkyrie or perhaps the sometimes-good, sometimes-bad Amora the Enchantress.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok cast confirmed to include Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, and more!

Marvel Studios has officially confirmed new cast members for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, including two-time Oscar winner Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine, Cinderella) as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park, Independence Day: Resurgence) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (Creed, Selma) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (Star Trek, The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge. In addition, Marvel has confirmed that Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role of Bruce Banner/The Hulk in the sequel.

“The continuation of the epic Thor franchise will be powerful and unique, and with the additions of Cate, Jeff, Tessa, Karl, and Mark to the cast we have the makings of his most dangerous and heroic adventure yet,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “The sheer, raw talent each of these actors brings to the screen can’t be quantified. Having any one of them join the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be an honor, and having all of them is incredible.”

Thor’s new cast members join returning stars Chris Hemsworth in the title role for the fifth time; Tom Hiddleston as Thor’s adversarial, adopted brother, Loki; Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award winner Idris Elba as the Asgardian sentry, Heimdall; and Academy Award winner Sir Anthony Hopkins again portraying Odin, Ruler of Asgard. Jaimie Alexander also took to Twitter to tease her return as Lady Sif in the film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Mark Ruffalo teases Cate Blanchett’s Hela in Thor: Ragnarok

Last week, Marvel Studios revealed the cast for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, confirming that Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett would be suiting up as the film’s chief villain, Hela. Speaking with ET, co-star Mark Ruffalo, who reprises his role of Bruce Banner/The Hulk in the movie, spoke about her involvement saying,

“She plays the worst of the worst. So evil. She is going to kill us. It’s such a great part she gets to play.”

He went on to confirm what many have been saying about the sequel’s Hulk and Thor team-up for sometime, calling it a buddy-movie.

“It’s an intergalactic buddy road movie with Banner and Thor.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jeff Goldblum talks The Grandmaster in Thor: Ragnarok

Marvel Studios dropped a bombshell back in May when they confirmed the cast for the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, confirming that Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson would join the film along with Karl Urban and none other than Jeff Goldblum. Speaking with Empire, Goldblum opened up about what we can expect from his character, The Grandmaster.

“He’s a hedonist, a pleasure-seeker, an enjoyer of life and tastes and smells. I thought, ‘I can do that, I’ll bet!’ I’m working on my part every day. I’m a sponge, researching.” He’s putting his unique Goldblum stamp on the role, too. “[Taika Waititi] is encouraging me to improvise and make it my own, and that’s what I’m trying to do. I hope he doesn’t throw me out on the first day!”

Goldblum went on to reveal he would only be filming the production for “three weeks or a month” while it shoots in Austrailia.

A member of the Elders of the Universe in the source material, The Grandmaster has an obsession with playing games, which leads into recent rumors that his character will be running a series of gladiatorial games. That is also where we will reportedly find Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk in a Planet Hulk-inspired costume.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok filming update

A Marvel film are revealing its production schedule today as Australia’s Gold Coast Bulletin reveals that director Taika Waititi‘s Thor: Ragnarok will begin shooting down under next month on July 4th. Current plans call for the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s “Phase Three” chapter to shoot until October, although it’s noted that the production could continue through the end of the year. There’s even a first look at one of the massive outdoor sets currently being constructed that you can check out in the embedded Tweet below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Gladiator Hulk armor revealed from Thor: Ragnarok!

San Diego Comic-Con has officially kicked off the Saturday festivities and Marvel has revealed a new treat from one of their upcoming films at their booth – the Gladiator Hulk armor from Thor: Ragnarok! Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok gets a new logo at Comic-Con

Earlier today, the Gladiator Hulk Armor from Thor: Ragnarok was previewed, and now Marvel‘s San Diego Comic-Con Hall H panel has revealed what fans have been hoping for months: the Planet Hulk storyline WILL be incorporated during the events of Thor: Ragnarok! Concept art showed Hulk in the armor inspired by the classic Greg Pak comics series, as well as a rendering of Thor and Hulk clashing in an arena. Marvel also revealed a spiffy new logo for the film, which you can check out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Tessa Thompson shows off Valkyrie’s sword from Thor: Ragnarok

As production chugs along on Thor: Ragnarok, MCU newcomer Tessa Thompson has revealed a new photo from the set on Instagram (via CBM) showing off the sword that her character Valkyrie will wield in the film. In addition, director Taika Waititi posted a photo from the short he debuted at San Diego Comic-Con regarding what Thor was up to during Captain America: Civil War. Check them both out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Sam Neill reunites with Taika Waititi and Jeff Goldblum in Thor: Ragnarok

The upcoming Thor: Ragnarok has added another fan favorite actor to its cast as Sam Neill reveals that he filmed a small role for the film.

“I’m not really allowed to say this and I can’t tell you what it is…I did a couple of days on Thor just before I came over here,” Neill tells Shortlist (via EW). “If I say anything else, Marvel’s secret agents — and they are lethal — will come and get me and probably my children, as well.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thor: Ragnarok wraps filming, director Taika Waititi shares video from set

Production has officially wrapped on the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok and director Taika Waititi has shared a video from their final day on the set of the film where they’re filming on an intergalactic junkyard. Check it out in the player below for a first look at some new characters in the film and a look at Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Thor costume revealed in final Ragnarok set photo

Production has officially wrapped on the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok (which director Taika Waititi marked by posting a 15-minute video from the set), but one last set photo has debuted online from the god of thunder himself, showing off the new Thor costume from the film. Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Doctor Strange confirmed for Thor: Ragnarok

Although it’s not entirely a surprise given the end-credits sequence of his own recent solo film, Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange is now confirmed to play a part in Marvel Studios‘ upcoming Thor: Ragnarok. In a preview of what the company has to offer in 2017, Disney‘s official fan club D23 highlights the Taika Waititi film with the following description:

“Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic baddies both familiar and new.”

As to how large a role Strange will play in the film, only time will tell. Hulk and Strange do have quite a comic book history together having teamed (alongside Namor) to form the original Defenders in 1971. A very different Defenders lineup is slated to hit Netflix later this year.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Thor: Ragnarok concept art

Marvel Studios‘ upcoming threequel Thor: Ragnarok has revealed new concept art for the Taika Waititi film. Check out the Thor: Ragnarok concept art screengrabs from the Doctor Strange Digital HD release below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First look at Thor: Ragnarok featuring Hela and Valkyrie!

EW has released the cover for their latest issue which features Marvel Studios‘ upcoming Thor: Ragnarok and gives us a first look at the title character’s new look, as well as Cate Blanchett’s Hela plus Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie! Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First Thor: Ragnarok photos reveal Bruce Banner, Grandmaster

Following their cover reveal, Marvel Studios has revealed the first batch of official photos from Thor: Ragnarok (via EW) featuring a reveal of Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner, Jeff Goldblum’s eccentric Grandmaster, and more! Check out the Thor: Ragnarok photos below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The Thor: Ragnarok trailer is here!

Marvel Entertainment and Walt Disney Pictures have released the first teaser trailer for Thor: Ragnarok! Check it out in the player below and don't forget to check out the very first poster of the movie belower!

Το official teaser:

και το official poster:

Last edited:

Staff online

• spylab
    Shalom
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads