Subwoofer advice

Gov

Reaction score
Hello everyone,and apologies for using english(recently moved to Greece),i hope it wont be a problem.

Im looking for a subwoofer,my budget is only 300 euro.Here is the list what i could find in shops,so if you can advise me which one would be good value for money:

Yamaha NS-SW200
JBL Arena SUB100
Pioneer S-51W
Cambridge Audio SX-120
Polk Audio PSW110
Polk Audio PSW 111
Dali Fazon SUB 1
Boston Acoustics CS Sub 10

Is there anything here that is decent,or is there some much better that that is a bit over 300 euro?

Im also willing to buy used subwoofer if its in Athens.

Thank you for the help :)

Reactions: PPG

Reaction score
Wellcome to the club :D,
how big is your space , what's your current set up , photos ?

everybody's fleeing greece ,how come you got to move here ?

Reactions: PPG

Gov

Reaction score
Ah sorry,i forgot to mention that.Room is not too big,4x3m ,reciever is Yamaha rx v381 and q acoustics 3020 speakers.As you can see i have some budget setup,now just need sub to add some bass,especially for films.And since i live in building i dont listen it too loud,so i would rather choose quality over raw output.

And Greece aint that bad,you have souvlaki and gyros :D

Reaction score
Hmm, i noticed that your choices were mostly (?) 10' inches subs - i think that's what you should be looking for ...
also
rather choose quality over raw output
ok then ... more experienced members of the club will shoot their suggestions ...
And Greece aint that bad,you have souvlaki and gyros
you forgot of the sun and raki (or ouzo - depends where you come from ...)
:drinks:

Bhutia

Hidden Guru
Editor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,and apologies for using english(recently moved to Greece),i hope it wont be a problem.

Is there anything here that is decent,or is there some much better that that is a bit over 300 euro?
All those consumer models that you cited leave me cold.My choice at the aforementioned price zone would be the following one:
Presonus Temblor T10
It has all the necessary sub-creature comforts and no warts at all.
And Greece aint that bad,you have souvlaki and gyros :D
On the fringes of the actual subject,let me give you a hint...I would never mention - not even as a funny comment - that Italy for instance aint that bad because they have pizza and carbonara,then again I might be missing my old funny self...;)

Last edited:

Gov

Reaction score
All those consumer models that you cited leave me cold.My choice at the aforementioned price zone would be the following one:
Presonus Temblor T10
It has all the necessary sub-creature comforts and no warts at all.

On the fringes of the actual subject,let me give you a hint...I would never mention - not even as a funny comment - that Italy for instance aint that bad because they have pizza and carbonara,then again I might be missing my old funny self...;)
Thnx about that recommendation,ill check it out for sure.I was mainly focused at 300 euro price mark,but if its worth it and much better than those that i mentioned i guess i could stretch it a bit.Ill still look abit more for some used one,as i know its usually best value for money when it comes to audio.

About the gyros and souvlaki comment,since food is very high on my prio list,that was actually compliment :D

vasilisnt

Golden Boy!
Reaction score
I would consider presonus if only Nakas (local distributor) decided to bring updated sub woofer in Greece and not wait to run out of current stock

Reaction score
“I rather hear the music without the T-10...
Overall, I found the T-10 is producing more noise than music...
I returned the T-10 and I do not recommend it to anyone...”

“Total disappointment. The Temblor T10 made my system sound worse, and was actually annoying. Everything the sub reproduced sounded the same, there was no distinction between timbre or attack on very different instruments, everything just went "boom". Down at around 35-40HZ, the sub was definitely loose and flabby.
Total disappointment, sent it back after just a few days. This is not something for the discriminating studio nor anyone interested in authentic reproduction of music.”

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/979114-presonus-temblor-t10.html

Bhutia

Hidden Guru
Editor
Reaction score
“I rather hear the music without the T-10...
Overall, I found the T-10 is producing more noise than music...
I returned the T-10 and I do not recommend it to anyone...”

“Total disappointment. The Temblor T10 made my system sound worse, and was actually annoying. Everything the sub reproduced sounded the same, there was no distinction between timbre or attack on very different instruments, everything just went "boom". Down at around 35-40HZ, the sub was definitely loose and flabby.
Total disappointment, sent it back after just a few days. This is not something for the discriminating studio nor anyone interested in authentic reproduction of music.”

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/979114-presonus-temblor-t10.html
It would obviously be absurd trying to contradict one's personal experience of use.So no argument at all with one's disappointment.

Be that as it may,logic dictates that if it were as disappointing as described above,such a condition would be widely voiced by a vast amount of users.

Gov

Reaction score
I would consider presonus if only Nakas (local distributor) decided to bring updated sub woofer in Greece and not wait to run out of current stock

I there some reason why should i avoid the old batch,and wait for new Presonus Temblor T10,is the series updated in any way?

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
albie