Atoll CD200/IN200

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score

To 6moons φιλοξενεί δοκιμή του σετ CD200/IN200 (CD player/ενισχυτής) της γαλλικής Atoll.

Μερικά αποσπάσματα απο το review:

"The gear I received for review was Atoll's top-of-the-line CD player (CD200, $2,000) and integrated amplifier (IN 200, $2,250) which can be bought separately or together for a limited time for $3,500.

Even though it uses the same chassis to reflect a unified brand aesthetic, the CD200 differs from its less ambitious siblings in various fashions. All players use the same Philips VAM 1202 mechanism built on a special anti-vibration chassis but the CD200 boasts a newer 24 bit/192kHz 8x oversampling Burr-Brown DAC claiming added dynamics. But it is the power supply stages that received the most attention with separate toroidal transformers for analog and digital sections and 17000µF of storage capacity. Both current/voltage conversion and output sections operate in pure Class A with fully discrete components for an S/N ratio of over 105dB and improved slew rates versus the other players - as well as a much reduced output impedance.

The true reason to purchase the CD200 is its twin cousin, the IN200. Of the two, the IN200 is the component with character and the most attractive voice. For $2,250, I was expecting a solid but somewhat average integrated amp. What I got instead was one of the very best all-arounders I have had a chance to hear and certainly one of the most if not the most musical below $2,500.

Technically, there is little to write about the IN200. It belongs into the clear category of simple designs executed solidly. Actually, it perhaps is not so common to see a dual-mono topology using two separate 330VA toroidal power transformers at this price level. The double pairs of Mosfets per channel deliver 120 watts into 8 ohms and 200 into 4. With 62,000µF of total capacity, there is enough current and power to satisfy most of the speakers liable to be partnered and only the most demanding and current-hungry loads may find the Atoll wanting but that will be a small minority.

Overall I believe the Atoll designers favored musicality and compatibility over ultimate neutrality and in my book, they fully succeeded and deliver a musically very balanced duo capable of making poor and good records sound equally enjoyable and mating with both modest speakers -- by downplaying their weaknesses -- as well as far more ambitious transducers by feeding them a stress-free, lush and detailed signal supported by generous power.

If you are looking to spend around $5,000 for a CD player and integrated amplifier, crave a tube-reminiscent sound without the hassle of tubes and want to get off the merry-go-round of upgrades to settle on a system that will allow you to enjoy your CD collection for many years to come... well, then the Atoll duo should be at the very top of your list. In fact, at $3,500 for the combo for a limited time special offer, I cannot really think of any other gear I'd rather own right now."

FULL REVIEW

To εσωτερικό του CD200:

To εσωτερικό του IN200:

ΑΝΔΡΕΑΣ Κ.

Ιδρυτής
Reaction score
Χμμ, μολις κατεβηκα κατω και βρηκα τον Gio να τα βγαζει απο τα κουτια τους(δεν κανω πλακα:prof: )

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Atoll CD200/IN200

Τουλάχιστον απο τροφοδοσία δε φαίνεται να έχουν κάνει τσιγκουνιές.

Ανδρέα, φαντάζομαι η προσφορά (αυτή που λέει ο reviewer για το πακέτο) ισχύει μόνο για την αγορά των ΗΠΑ. Or not? Δεν ήμουν σίγουρος αλλά το έβαλα με bold anyway. :happy_8:

ΑΝΔΡΕΑΣ Κ.

Ιδρυτής
Reaction score
Re: Απάντηση: Atoll CD200/IN200

Ανδρέα, φαντάζομαι η προσφορά (αυτή που λέει ο reviewer για το πακέτο) ισχύει μόνο για την αγορά των ΗΠΑ. Or not? Δεν ήμουν σίγουρος αλλά το έβαλα με bold anyway. :happy_8:
Υποθετω πως ναι.
Διοτι για την αγορα της χωρας μας τα πραγματα ειναι λιγο καλυτερα(2200 € και τα δυο, αλλα υποχρεωτικα και τα δυο):cool_4:

Reaction score
Εγώ πέτυχα τον GIO οταν έβαζε τα μηχανακια στο ρακ. Οι πρώτες εντυπώσεις ειναι οτι το σετακι έχει πολύ ενδιαφέρον (το cd ήταν το 100αρι), ειδικά αν βγει στην τιμή που άκουσα.......... Περισσότερα αφού παίξει κάποιες μέρες.

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal