Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016)

Ποιον ήρωα συμπαθείτε περισσότερο;

• Superman

• Batman

Results are only viewable after voting.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Υπό τον φόβο ενός υπερήρωα που οι πράξεις του δεν ελέγχονται από κανέναν, ο δεινός ιππότης του Γκόθαμ Σίτι αναμετράται με τον σωτήρα της Μετρόπολις, και ο κόσμος αναρωτιέται το τι είδους ήρωα χρειάζεται. Με τον Μπάτμαν και τον Σούπερμαν σε πόλεμο, όμως, το κακό βρίσκει την ευκαιρία να αναδυθεί, υπό τη μορφή της μεγαλύτερης απειλής που έχει δει ποτέ η ανθρωπότητα.

Release Date: March 25, 2016 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)

Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Gal Gadot, Lauren Cohan, Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
Screenwriter: Chris Terrio, David S. Goyer
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com / https://www.facebook.com/batmanvsuperman

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Man Of Steel 2 (2015)

Watch the Superman/Batman movie announcement!

One of the biggest announcements at this year's San Diego Comic-Con was the reveal by Man of Steel director Zack Snyder that the sequel will bring together two of the greatest super heroes of all time - Batman and Superman!

A video of the Comic-Con announcement has now made its way online. Check it out below!

Last edited by a moderator:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Man Of Steel 2 / Superman vs. Batman (2015)

David Goyer reveals potential titles for Man of Steel sequel

Warner Bros. rocked the internet this weekend when they announced that the upcoming sequel to Man of Steel would feature the big screen return of Batman and mark the first time the characters have been together in a live action film in history. Later on, during the Superman 75th Anniversary panel, writer David Goyer spoke about the film and that they're still deciding on a title (via ComicBook).

"So the next film we’re making, we’re already in pre-production, comes out in summer of 2015 and it’s–we’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s–that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening."”

The site also notes that Warner Bros. has registered the domain names SupermanVsBatman.com, BatmanVsSuperman.com, and BatmanVsSupermanMovie.com.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Ben Affleck cast as Batman in Man of Steel sequel!

It's official! Ben Affleck has been cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Zack Snyder's still untitled Superman/Batman sequel to this past summer's Man of Steel. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Last month’s surprise announcement of the new movie featuring both Superman and Batman created a wave of excitement and immediately fueled discussion and debate—among fans as well as in the media—about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne’s alter ego.

Snyder successfully re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman in the worldwide blockbuster Man of Steel, which has earned more than $650 million worldwide to date, and climbing. The director will now create an original vision of Batman and his world for the film that brings the two DC Comics icons together.

Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

In the announcement, Silverman stated, "We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character."

Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, "Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Kroll added, "We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.' remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes."

Affleck recently starred in the Academy Award-winning Best Picture Argo, which he also directed and produced, earning acclaim and a BAFTA Award nomination for his performance in the film, as well as a number of directing honors.

The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Zack Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

Production is expected to begin in 2014.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Hans Zimmer on possibly returning for Superman/Batman film

Composer Hans Zimmer has seemingly cornered the market on DC Comics feature films, having written the score for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy and Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. He's now poised to combine the two in essence with Warner Bros. upcoming Superman/Batman film, but he doesn't know for sure that he will do it yet.

"This is really complicated for me," he said in an interview with Red Carpet News. "Because we all went, 'Okay, we're done with Batman,' and now it's sort of getting smuggled back in. I'll have to have a think about that one. I might give you a new Batman if I do it."

They also asked him his thoughts on Ben Affleck playing Batman, to which he replied:"I actually think it's a really good choice, because #1 he's a great filmmaker. He's smart. He wouldn't have taken it if he had set himself up for a fall. And, you know, he's a bit older these days and that's what we need, and he's got a good chin."

Last edited by a moderator:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Cinematographer Larry Fong to shoot Superman/Batman movie

Though Warner Bros. has not issued a formal announcement on the matter, cinematographer Larry Fong's resume at Worldwide Production Agency has been updated to include his involvement in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie with director Zack Snyder. Fong and Snyder have previously worked together on 300, Watchmen, and Sucker Punch, in addition to a number of music videos. His last two films were Super 8 and Now You See Me.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ben Affleck's Batman will be 'Tired and Weary and Seasoned'

It was less than a month ago that Warner Bros. set social media on fire with word that Ben Affleck had signed on to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in Zack Snyder's still-untitled Superman/Batman follow-up to Man of Steel. Today, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara said, via Variety, that Affleck is the "perfect" choice and revealed that the Dark Knight will have been around for some time when the film begins.

“[He will be] tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for awhile,” said Tsujihara of Wayne and his cowled alter ego. "...We think it’s going to be huge."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
WB CEO confirms future plans for DC comics-based films

Last week brought some quotes from Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara regarding Ben Affleck's role as Batman in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie. Now more quotes have appeared online from the same event (via ComicBook.com) where Tsujihara confirmed plans for more DC Comic-based movies.

In regards to the 12-14 films WB releases annually, he said this: "I think the basis, foundation of those 12 to 14 pictures are going to be coming from DC Entertainment."

He also seemingly confirmed the title for the upcoming Man of Steel sequel: "We have Batman Vs. Superman coming out in 2015, but there are going to be in the coming months a lot of announcements regarding the future movie, television, games and consumer product pieces that are going to be coming from DC... DC really does touch a lot of parts of our business and is an important part of the strategy in how we are going to grow going forward."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ben Affleck talks about getting cast as Batman!

When Warner Bros. Pictures announced on August 22 that Ben Affleck was cast as Batman in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman/Batman movie, the sequel to Man of Steel, there was a huge reaction from fans around the world. Now, Ben Affleck has talked about getting cast in the July 17, 2015 release for the first time on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

"It's so awesome, man. I'm so excited. They called me up and said, 'do you want to do this,' and I'm like, 'What? I'm not 25, man, are you sure about this? They said come down and we'll show you what we're doing, and it was incredible," Affleck told Fallon. "Zack, the director, Zack Snyder is directing, he has this incredible take on it, that's like… Obviously we can't do what Chris [Nolan] and Christian [Bale] did, those movies are amazing, so he wants to do something different, but still in keeping with that, so I had to like, I thought this is a brilliant way to do this and I really know how to hook into this. And I said, 'okay, I want to do it.'

"And the people from the studio were like, 'we're thrilled, we're so excited… and listen, we want to talk to you, because people go through this process and it is a little bit, it can be trying. We want to show you some of the reactions that past cast members have got on the internet.' So they sent me people who were in these movies that did a great job and people were like, 'kiiilll him!' I was like, you can't say that before the movie comes out. It doesn't matter what the people think then, it matters what they think when they see the movie. But I was like, 'I'm a big boy. I can handle an Emmy snub, I can handle anything. They said, just don't use the internet for a couple of days. I said, 'I handle sh*t, you know what I mean. I'm very tough. So I saw the announcement, I look at the first comment and it’s like, ‘Ben Affleck is going to be Batman’ and the first person goes, 'Noooooo!'"

You can watch the interview segment using the player below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
David S. Goyer thinks Superman should be able to kill

Digital Spy reports that Man of Steel writer and Superman/Batman co-writer David S. Goyer talked about the controversial ending of this summer's Superman movie during last night's BATFA and BFI Screenwriters' Lecture.

While Superman has been reluctant to take a life in the comics, Goyer stated that's not the case for the movies.

"We were pretty sure that was going to be controversial," Goyer said. "It's not like we were deluding ourselves, and we weren't just doing it to be cool. We felt, in the case of Zod, we wanted to put the character in an impossible situation and make an impossible choice.

"This is one area, and I've written comic books as well and this is where I disagree with some of my fellow comic book writers - 'Superman doesn't kill'. It's a rule that exists outside of the narrative and I just don't believe in rules like that. I believe when you're writing film or television, you can't rely on a crutch or rule that exists outside of the narrative of the film.

"So the situation was, Zod says 'I'm not going to stop until you kill me or I kill you.' The reality is no prison on the planet could hold him and in our film Superman can't fly to the moon, and we didn't want to come up with that crutch.

"Also our movie was in a way Superman Begins, he's not really Superman until the end of the film. We wanted him to have had that experience of having taken a life and carry that through onto the next films. Because he's Superman and because people idolise him he will have to hold himself to a higher standard."

In another article on the event, The Hollywood Reporter says that Goyer was asked whether he was writing the upcoming Justice League movie as well. "Might be, can't say," he said.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
David S. Goyer talks Superman vs. Batman and how it might play out on the big screen

With the film now planning a Michigan shoot, Zack Snyder's still-untitled Superman/Batman film is racing through pre-production.

“One of the things that has been fun for us," screenwriter David S. Goyer tells The Associated Press (via Comic Book Therapy), "is we’re a bit a further along than what I think people realize."

The Man of Steel sequel is already set to feature the return of Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne with Ben Affleck making his debut as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Although Affleck's casting last month set internet message boards on fire, Goyer notes that it's important to not be swayed by fan criticism.

"From a fan point of view, we’re conscious of that when you’re working on these things, but you can’t let yourself be paralyzed by that," he says. "At the end of the day, you still have to create something. And if you try and think, ‘Well what would the fans like?’ then you stop being creative. It’s sort of like, 'Where does it end?' You have to write the story that you want to write, and hope that people want to see it.”

So who does Goyer side with when and if it comes down to the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel going mano a mano?

“Most comic book purists would say Batman," he says, "because he is the ultimate strategist. Even though it makes no sense whatsoever. If Superman just flicked his finger, Batman would be done for.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
4-Minute video of saturday's filming for Batman vs. Superman!

We previously reported that Zack Snyder was going to be filming the first scenes for Batman vs. Superman (yes, that's what Warner Bros. called the film last night) on Saturday at East Los Angeles College during halftime of their home football game. Weingart Stadium was turned into the Gotham City University home stadium for a game against their rival, Metropolis State University.

Here are some details of what took place, thanks to Batman-News:

It started with Warner Bros. telling the crowd that they were going to be in Batman vs. Superman. Yes, a Warner Bros. representative referred to the movie as Batman vs. Superman. That’s still not the official title, but it’s one that keeps coming up. Warner Bros. also announced that this would be the opening of the movie. Then two scenes were filmed. Both plays were from around Gotham city’s 30 yard line. The first play was a tackle for a Metropolis loss. The second was for a touchdown pass to the corner of the end zone for Metropolis. Then the bench cleared for Gotham and they had to break up a fight on the field. Gotham never even went on offense.

SadPuppyProductions also uploaded a 4-minute video of the filming, which you can check out below, and added:

"Day 1 of filming for 2015's "Batman Vs. Superman". The scene takes place at Gotham City University's Stadium facing off against rivals Metropolis University. Everyone in the audience was given various Gotham Football shirts. Some black, some yellow, some T Shirts, some sweatshirts, etc. Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Man of Steel) was on set, however the main characters were not there."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Will Wonder Woman appear in Batman vs. Superman?

While Zack Snyder filmed the first scenes for Batman vs. Superman this weekend, the rumor that Wonder Woman will make an appearance in the movie continues to spread online.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wonder-woman-to-appear-in-batman-superman-wbs-greg-silverman-addresses-rumors-1200749114/]Variety[/url] got a chance to ask Greg Silverman, Warner Bros. president of creative development and worldwide production, on Monday whether the http://www.avsite.gr/forum/threads/man-of-steel-2013.102432/]Man of Steel[/url] sequel will introduce other DC Comics such as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and The Flash.

“We have been doing a lot of thinking for years about how to best use all those characters and we love them," Silverman said. "Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it's a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero."

Considering he only mentioned Wonder Woman, the trade then specifically asked whether she is going to be part of the film, to which he replied: "We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that's respectful to those characters and maximizes the stories as best they can. So everything that has been speculated are things that we've thought about."

So while he dodged the question, he certainly did not say she wouldn't be part of it. We'll have to wait and see.

Silverman also addressed the studio's much talked about casting of Ben Affleck as Batman: "We knew going in that we had more information than the general public had. We knew what the take of the movie was, we knew what the character was going to be. We don't take these decisions lightly. We thought about everybody — brand new people, established people. Ben is the perfect guy to play this role."

"They both will be wearing suits, there are capes involved, there will be action, there will be excitement," he added.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Three actresses test for female role in Batman vs. Superman

This weekend, Jaimie Alexander, who plays Sif in Marvel Studios' Thor films, spoke about having discussions with Warner Bros. about a new comic-related project. This lead many to believe that she might be playing Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman film. Given Greg Silverman's comments on the character, it's not unreasonable to think that the character might appear in the Zack Snyder movie.

Now, Variety is reporting on three actresses that have gone in to test for a female role in the Man of Steel sequel, which they say might be either Wonder Woman or Bruce Wayne's love interest. Among the names they list are Fast and Furious's Gal Gadot, G.I. Joe: Retaliation's Elodie Yung, and Quantum of Solace's Olga Kurylenko (reported earlier today by Schmoes Know). In addition, they note that a fourth actress may have gone in to read for the role, which is being described a "tall, brunette, athletic and exotic." The site also notes that, due to her obligations with Marvel, it is unlikely that Jaimie Alexander will be cast in the role, be it for Diana or for another character.

In one last curious bit of information, Variety reports that their insiders say the plan is for multiple Justice League members, in addition to Batman and Superman, to appear in the film, including Wonder Woman and The Flash, but it is unknown if these roles will be cameos or of significance.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Kevin Smith has seen the Batman suit from Batman vs. Superman

This weekend, Warner Bros. held their Man of Steel online fan event to promote the upcoming Blu-Ray release of the film, and while director Zack Snyder shared a few details on the highly-anticipated sequel, it was what came later that was truly exciting. On another episode of his Hollywood Babble-On podcast (via CBM), director Kevin Smith revealed that Zack Snyder showed him a picture of the Batman costume for the follow-up film, Batman vs. Superman.

"I saw the Batman costume. More than that I saw a picture of him (Affleck) in the costume. Now, I don't want to give anything away 'cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this, I instantly bear hugged him (Snyder). You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before, and for a comic book fan it was mind bending. I was like 'Get out of here, only you have enough power to pull this off.' Because everyone always like does this Matrix/X-Men black armor...It was fantastic. I'm already a flag waver for this movie, but the costume, it blew my mind. I think everyone is just gonna be like 'Holy ****!' It's its own thing, man. It's like we haven't been down this path at all. I was so elated....Even the hardest core “**** all this” person will be like 'alright, I'm ready.'"

Smith also mentioned the costume has a certain influence on its style, but redacted that portion of his praise. Will it be based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns? Something else?

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Henry Cavill talks Ben Affleck's casting in Batman vs. Superman

We're just a few months away from production officially beginning on Warner Bros. highly-anticipated follow-up to Man of Steel, and with it will come the big screen face off we've all been waiting for: Batman vs. Superman. Henry Cavill will reprise his role in the upcoming film where he will go toe-to-toe with Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Speaking with Total Film, Cavill briefly talked about Affleck's casting and why he thinks Ben will do well in the role.

"I'm sure he'll be fantastic, above all else, and as a filmmaker he's got his own style, you know, he's not copying anyone else. And he's also sort of been tenacious in his career. He's had ups followed by downs and now he's very up again and I think that requires and shows a very special strength of character, and it's something I enjoy working with because jobs like this require a strength of character. They require a dedication to the work and a belief in oneself and Ben has that, clearly."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Henry Cavill wants to see Cyborg on the big screen

Following this summer's announcement that we'll be seeing Batman and Superman on the big screen together in 2015, many fans went back and pointed to the "Wayne Enterprises" satellite that can be seen briefly during Man of Steel as an indicator of the franchise's future. That wasn't the only Easter egg in the film though and in a new video (via CBM), star Henry Cavill says which of them is his favorite and how he'd like to see it play out in the future.

"On the extras on the Blu-ray, we're going to get the opportunity to see Zack's references to other aspects of the DC Universe. There's one obvious one which is now particularly obvious because of our next installment, which is involving Batman as well. We see Bruce Wayne Enterprises on the satellite in space. We also see some references to LexCorp. I actually have no further knowledge of this next story, but there's a good chance Lex is going to be introduced soon or at some stage. What really intrigued me was Dr. Emil Hamilton's connection to S.T.A.R. Labs. Cyborg I think would make a wonderful character and an incredible bridge between both superhumans and humanity in a different way to Batman. So I don't know where he's going to come in or if he's going to come in, but that's one I'm particularly excited about. Other references I'm not too sure on, but we'll see where those lead. Those with keen eyes will see them."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman!

Warner Bros. has announced this morning that Gal Gadot, most well known for appearing in the "Fast & Furious" films, has landed the role of Wonder Woman/Diana Prince in Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman film.

In a statement, Zack Snyder stated: "Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Amy Adams on Wonder Woman's presence in Batman vs. Superman

Now that Gal Gadot of the "Fast & Furious" franchise is locked to star as Wonder Woman alongside Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman in Batman vs. Superman, it’s time to consider the possibility that the narrative could veer in the direction of the Superman/Wonder Woman comics in which the Man of Steel and the Warrior Princess are a super-powerered power couple.

While talking to Amy Adams about David O. Russell's American Hustle, she took the time to tell SuperHeroHype about how she'd feel if Wonder Woman’s presence led to a love triangle:

"Am I interested? I don’t know. I mean, we’ll see. I hope that I can be involved with a woman on screen where we’re not in a love triangle. That would be fun. Maybe where we team up together and we work as teammates instead of adversaries."

Considering the source material has now covered both a romantic and platonic version of the Superman-Wonder Woman relationship, it could go either way and there is a possibility Adams could get what she wants to a degree. The idea of Lois Lane feeling threatened by Wonder Woman’s presence, but Superman insisting she means nothing to him right before all parties team up to fight a common enemy seems like a likely option.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jason Momoa in talks to join Batman vs. Superman

The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision Blog has heard from sources that Jason Momoa ("Game of Thrones") is in negotiations to join the cast of Zack Snyder's Batman vs. Superman movie in an undisclosed role.

Momoa first broke out playing the warlord Khal Drogo on HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones" before being cast as Conan the Barbarian in the 2011 remake by Marcus Nispel. Most recently, Momoa could be seen fighting Sylvester Stallone in his action flick Bullet to the Head, and he's also starring in David Hayter's werewolf action movie Wolves.

THR offers a bit of conjecture about who Momoa may be playing, mentioning the rumors that the Kryptonian killing machine Doomsday may be one of the film's primary villains, but another option they suggest is J'onn J'onzz AKA The Martin Manhunter (right), a shape-shifting telepathic alien that was one of the key members of the Justice League.

Considering that Batman and Wonder Woman are already confirmed for the sequel to Warner Bros.' hit Man of Steel and The Flash has already been rumored, adding the Martian Manhunter certainly would seem like they were setting the movie up to be the long-delayed Justice League movie.

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal