Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Release Date: April 4, 2014 (3D/2D theaters)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Cast: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Redford, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Georges St-Pierre, Hayley Atwell, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Maximiliano Hernαndez

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Screenwriter: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://www.captainamerica.com / https://www.facebook.com/CaptainAmericaMovie

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2013)

Samuel L. Jackson's next Marvel movie is Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Even though he didn't see a lot of action throughout Phase One, Nick Fury is still an integral part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and he's not going anywhere. In an interview with Total Film, seen here via Examiner.com, Jackson said the next Marvel movie he'll appear in is the Captain America sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"I think my next time as Nick Fury is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier," said the actor, "because I’m not in Iron Man 3. None of the Avengers are in Iron Man 3. It’s a standalone Iron Man movie."

This could mean you'll have to wait two more movies before you see the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. with both Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World hitting theaters before Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but this isn't final as Marvel could have other plans.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and franchise newcomers Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon and Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also confirmed to be returning, as was long rumored, is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Anthony Mackie on playing The Falcon in Captain America sequel

We don't know a lot about Anthony Mackie's role as The Falcon in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but now we've got a few details from the actor himself. In an interview with AICN, Mackie spoke more so than he has previously about the part.

"I will have wings. I will be able to fly. I will be a superhero and fight people, namely The Winter Soldier."

Mackie has been really studying for the part, too.

"It was funny; a lot of the research I found was online. My older brother was a huge comic book buff. So when the news came out online, he called me and just gave me the whole rundown. Luckily, I have a lot of friends who weren’t cool growing up, but who are really cool now, so they read a lot of comic books. So I would just call and ask them, and they would send me all of this stuff online, and I got to read a bunch of the old comic books. It’s fortunate, because it’s a take off the comic book, it’s not the exactly storyline of the comic book."

Mackie didn't reveal much else about the film, specifically because he fears getting replaced on the film before it even gets started, and for that reason he wouldn't confirm if his character would have his pet falcon Redwing in the film.

"This is what I learned about franchises. They can always cast somebody else and say, 'Well that last person died,' or just not address it. You see the second movie, and the guy is a different guy than the first, and they're like, 'Yep, same dude to me.'”

One thing Mackie would confirm though is that filming for Captain America: The WInter Soldier would begin on April 1.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and newcomer Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also returning is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Toby Jones will return for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

There haven't been many actors from the first Captain America film that are confirmed to return for the sequel besides Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan, but we now know one particular villain will be back. Toby Jones confirmed in an interview with HeyUGuys.co.uk that he would return for the upcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Jones played the role of Arnim Zola in Captain America: The First Avenger and presumably survived the events of that film. In the comics, "Zola was a genetic engineer who created clones and various monstrosities for Hitler. He also captured his own mental self, inserting it into a robot, and survived the war." The blueprints for Zola's robotic body can be seen briefly in the film, so could he be appearing in the sequel in his new robot body?

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Kevin Feige describes Captain America: The Winter Soldier as a political thriller

Planned to hit the big screen in the spring of 2014, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is inspired by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting's 2005 story arc. It should come to no surprise to fans, then, that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige describes the tone of the film as being a "political thriller."

"If it is a fad, it's one that lasts 30 to 40 years, as the Western did," Feige says, speaking to Variety on the larger issue of the continued popularity of comic book films, "because each one is so different. There's an opportunity to graft almost sub-genres onto them. Our first Captain America film was a World War II picture, and the next is a political thriller. They all have their own textures and patinas, and that's what is exciting about it."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Max Hernandez returning as Agent Sitwell for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Maximiliano Hernαndez, who played Agent Jasper Sitwell in Marvel's The Avengers and in the Marvel One-Shot: Item 47, took to Twitter today to confirm that he will play the character again in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"So it's a much bigger role in a much darker Cap Story. Lots of twists and turns. And lots secrets about the MCU revealed!" he said, adding, "I can't say much more or the Marvel cops will revoke my SHIELD clearance! Trust me u will all freak out in the theatre when all is revealed!

A follower also asked if he meant "comic canon twists or new twists??" to which Hernαndez replied, "new twist."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Robert Redford eyes Captain America: The Winter Soldier

There's a surprising bit of Marvel Universe casting news today as Deadline reports that Robert Redford is the latest name to enter talks to star in Anthony and Joe Russo's Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He would play a high-ranking agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

UFC Champion Georges St-Pierre joins Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Another Marvel Universe villain is set to appear in Anthony and Joe Russo's Captain America: The Winter Soldier as Latino Review reports that UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre will be playing French kickboxing master Georges Batroc, AKA Batroc the Leaper.

With origins dating all the way back to 1966's "Tales of Suspense" #75, Batroc doesn't have any superhuman abilities beyond his mastery of martial arts. While he's primarily a Cap foe, he's appeared throughout the Marvel Universe and done battle with the likes of Spider-Man, the Punisher, Iron Fist and many more.

St-Pierre, who hails from Quebec, has previously appeared in the martial arts films Death Warrior and Never Surrender, both directed by Hector Echavarria.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Robert Redford will play the Head of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

It was announced last week that legendary actor Robert Redford was being courted for Marvel Studios' upcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier and he has confirmed his casting in the film today (via Spinoff). When asked specifically about his role, he clarified, “Well, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. The head of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Redford elaborated on why he wanted to do the film as well. “The Captain America thing is just a very simple thing I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something just to be different. Something bold, different. And that felt like a good thing to do. That was it, nothing more to it than that. Well, it’s bold in terms of expectations, I guess. ”

Though he gave no more details about his character, many have theorized that Redford will play an older version of one of Captain America's friends from the WW II era or that he will play the "original Nick Fury."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Toby Jones on Arnim Zola's return in Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Actor Toby Jones has played a lot of interesting parts in his career, but definitely one that got a lot of fans excited was when he appeared as the Red Skull’s right hand man, Arnim Zola, in Captain America: The First Avenger. That was the '40s incarnation of Zola where he was a scientist, but when it was announced Jones would be returning for the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier, fans of the Cap villain probably got more excited that we might see him in his more recognizable robotic form.

When we spoke with Jones earlier today about his creepy new thriller Berberian Sound Studio, he wouldn’t tell us how big a part he has in the new Cap movie, but he did give us a brief tease that fans of the character should be happy with the way that Zola is brought back.

"All I can say about it is that I was pleased to be brought back," he told us. "I thought I might be--because you'd know better than I do--but Zola finds a way to defeat time and you won't be disappointed with the way that's been treated in the film, that's what I would say."

So yeah, Jones didn’t have a lot to say, but we probably can safely assume Zola's going to have an interesting part in the "Winter Soldier" storyline and will be in his more common form after teasing it briefly in The First Avenger.

Μέλη online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal