Deliver Us From Evil (2014)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Release Date: July 2, 2014

In "Deliver Us From Evil," New York police officer Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), struggling with his own personal issues, begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest (Edgar Ramirez), schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the frightening and demonic possessions that are terrorizing their city. Based upon the book, which details Sarchie's bone-chilling real-life cases.

Cast: Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez, Olivia Munn, Sean Harris, Joel McHale

Studio: Screen Gems (Sony)
Director: Scott Derrickson
Screenwriter: Scott Derrickson, Paul Harris Boardman
Genre: Supernatural Thriller

Official Website: http://www.deliverusfromevil-movie.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/DeliverUsFromEvilMovie

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Eric Bana calls Deliver Us From Evil unique, complex and very scary

Sinister hit theaters less than a year ago, but director Scott Derrickson has already wrapped his next production, Deliver Us From Evil.

The film is an adaption of Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool's true paranormal thriller of the same name about Sarchie’s unique side job. When he’s not at the 46th Precinct in the south Bronx, Sarchie investigates demonic possessions. In the film version, Eric Bana portrays the cop character and is recruited by a renegade priest (Edgar Ramirez) to help him battle malicious paranormal forces.

Back in April, producer Jerry Bruckheimer was quoted as saying, “Deliver Us From Evil is a project we’ve been developing for many years, confident that a story which combines the paranormal with a gritty New York City police story is both original and strongly appealing to audiences.”

In Sinister, Derrickson had no trouble infusing the true crime writing profession with some serious scares, but can he do the same with a New York City cop? When asked about the nature of the material and specifically the scares during an interview for his next release, Closed Circuit, Bana explained:

“I think it hopefully will be one of the most unique in that genre. I think we’ve just finished making something that is unlike anything I’ve seen before. It’s very complex and I think it’s gonna be very scary, and it was an amazing character. You know, I think Scott’s handle on the genre, I mean, I think he’s an amazing filmmaker and I feel very confident we’ve got something interesting in the can.”

When asked about the type of scares we can expect from the film, Bana noted that it’s comprised of both jump scares and more disturbing ones with the potential to keep you up at night.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Το official international trailer 1:

Και το official international trailer 2:

Και το official poster:

Last edited:

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members