Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Το Guardians Of The Galaxy είναι η επόμενη δουλειά της Marvel. Μια καινούρια ταινία υπερηρώων βασισμένη στο ομώνυμο κόμικ όπου την σκηνοθεσία έχει αναλάβει ο James Gunn (Movie 43).

Στους πρωταγωνιστικούς ρόλους συναντάμε τους Chris Pratt (Delivery Man) ως έναν Αμερικανό πιλότο ονόματι "Peter Quill" ή αλλιώς "Star-Lord" ο οποίος βρίσκεται στο επίκεντρο ενός ανθρωποκυνηγητού αφότου έχει κλέψει την πολυπόθητη σφαίρα από τους Ronan. Ο Quill δημιουργεί μια ομάδα περιθωριακών. Η ομάδα αυτή αποτελείται από τον Dave Bautista (Riddick) που υποδύεται τον "Drax the Destroyer", την Zoe Saldana (Star Trek Into Darkness) που παίζει την "Gamora", τον Bradley Cooper (American Hustle) ο οποίος δανείζει τη φωνή του σε ένα ρακούν που ονομάζεται "Rocket" και τον Vin Diesel (Fast & Furious 6) που είναι ένα ον που μοιάζει με δέντρο και ονομάζεται "Groot".

Στην ταινία επίσης συμμετέχουν οι Benicio Del Toro (Thor: The Dark World), Lee Pace (The Hobbit trilogy), Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond), John C. Reilly (Wreck-It Ralph) και η Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs).

Release Date: August 1, 2014 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of "Iron Man," "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers," comes a new team—the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy's fate in the balance.

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio del Toro

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: James Gunn
Screenwriter: James Gunn
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://marvel.com/guardians / https://www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Chris Pratt to lead Guardians of the Galaxy

James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy has found its lead. Deadline is reporting that "Parks & Recreation" and Zero Dark Thirty star Chris Pratt will play Peter Quill (aka Star-Lord) in the August 1, 2014 release.

The Quill character is likely to be the central protagonist of the film. Raised on Earth, Quill learns that his father was from outer space and is drawn into an intergalactic conflict that eventually leads to him becoming the leader of the team.

Quite arguably Marvel Studios' most offbeat property to date, Guardians of the Galaxy's roster is also said to include Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Rocket Racoon and Gamora. Check back for casting details on those roles as they emerge.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Dave Bautista boards Guardians of the Galaxy

Dave Bautista has officially joined the cast of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He will play the part of Drax the Destroyer opposite Chris Pratt in the August 1, 2014 release.

In the comic books, Drax began as Arthur Douglas, a human being who, killed by Thanos, was resurrected in a super-powered warrior's body so that he could seek revenge.

The role was rumored last month to go to "Game of Thrones" star Jason Momoa. Instead, Bautista, best known for his work with the WWE will take the part. He was featured on the big screen in last year's The Man with the Iron Fists.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Zoe Saldana in talks for Guardians of the Galaxy

As the roster for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy fills up, the latest addition could be someone familiar with space epics. The Hollywood Reporter says that Avatar and Star Trek star Zoe Saldana is in talks to join the film as the female lead, the green-skinned assassin Gamora.

In the comics, Gamora is the last of her species after they've been annihilated by the alien race the Badoon. She's also the adopted daughter of Thanos (who appeared after the credits in last summer's The Avengers).

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Michael Rooker joins Guardians of the Galaxy

Deadline is reporting that The Walking Dead star Michael Rooker has joined Guardians of the Galaxy. Rooker will play the role of Yondu, who was a founding member of the original Guardians of the Galaxy in the source material. Rooker's casting comes as no surprise as he has worked with director James Gunn on both his previous films, Slither and Super.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

James Gunn talks Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel Studios' most risky film to date is the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy and they've kept much of what it will consist of a secret. Luckily, Hey U Guys caught up with the film's director, James Gunn, at the UK premiere for Iron Man 3 and managed to get him to open up about the film. Based on the concept art that has been released for the film, they drew comparisons to Star Wars which Gunn seemed to think was inaccurate.

"I do think we’re very, very different from Star Wars. Some of the concept art that came out is under my tutelage, and some of it is before my tutelage. The concept art that came out is only stuff that was on the big Marvel collected disc set, talking about phase two and it had some stuff from Guardians. Some of the art by Charlie Wen and the guys. The Rocket Racoon that was by itself was an early version of my Rocket that I dealt with Charlie when developing. He doesn’t look so much like that anymore, but there’s a lot of similarities in that he’s more of a grounded, real little creature as opposed to a cartoonish thing."

The most talked about aspect for the film is how Marvel Studios will make a talking mercenary racoon feel natural, and Gunn has been doing his homework.

"I’ve done a lot of studying with real racoons, and we had real racoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with racoons, and fed racoons, and dealt a lot with real racoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Racoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine."

The first cast member added to the film's growing roster was "Parks and Recreation's" Chris Pratt. Gunn says that though countless people auditioned, he knew that Pratt was perfect for the role.

"I was very specific that I wanted it to be somebody really extraordinary. I really had Robert Downey Jr. in mind a lot. You had this guy who came in and he inhabited Tony Stark, when you first saw Tony Stark he blew your mind, you couldn’t believe what you were seeing. I knew that I needed somebody to blow my mind like that. We saw a lot of very famous guys for the role, a lot of very well-known people, and very, very good actors. We saw a lot of good performances, but it wasn’t until Chris came in and he read and I was like, ‘oh my God’, this guy has his own, very particular, amazing take on the character that blew my mind, blew me away. Then I thought, this is the first guy I could see sharing the screen with Robert Downey Jr. and giving him a run for his money."

While Gunn already confirmed the movie is different from Star Wars, he indicates that it does feature similarities to The Avengers.

"In some ways yes, but in some ways no. In terms of a lot of stuff we’re very much like The Avengers, where it’s a very big, huge movie. It’s different because it’s cosmic, it’s in outer space, it’s very colourful. We have a whole history of science fiction behind us that we’re dealing with, and borrowing from, and also fighting with to create something unique. But at the same time there’s a lot of stuff it has in common with The Avengers."

Though he gave a coy reply, Gunn seemingly confirmed Zoe Saldana's involvement in the film in the interview - she was reported to be in talks for the role of Gamora a few weeks ago. He also mentions that we will be finding out who will fill the role of Rocket Raccoon in the coming weeks and that cameras will roll on "Guardians" starting in June.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Ophelia Lovibond joins Guardians of the Galaxy

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that actress Opheila Lovibond has been cast in the upcoming Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy. Specifics of her role are being kept under wraps, but it is said that her character will work closely with "The Collector," who is one of the "Elders of the Universe" in the Marvel canon.

The Collector's inclusion for Guardians of the Galaxy speaks volumes about the potential for the film and The Avengers 2. In the source material, The Collector learned about Thanos' ability to threaten the universe and sought to collect life forms and worlds to place in a museum of sorts, ideally protecting them from Thanos and his path of destruction. He even held onto one of the Infinity Gems, "The Reality Gem," before Thanos stole it. Whoever weilds the Reality Gem is capable of altering, manipulating and controling reality by changing the physical laws of the universe. When used in conjunction with the other Infinity Gems, it could lead to a whole lot of destruction. Is this where the Marvel Cinematic Universe is headed for the end of Phase 2? Thanos is rumored to appear in both Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Lee Pace wins villain role in Guardians of the Galaxy

Lee Pace has won the villain role in Marvel Studios' upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wrap reports. His role has not yet been disclosed, but he'll join Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker and Ophelia Lovibond in the James Gunn film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Zoe Saldana on starring in Guardians of the Galaxy

Zoe Saldana (Avatar, "Star Trek" films) was asked at the London premiere for Star Trek Into Darkness about playing Gamora in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy and you can check out her response below!

Last edited by a moderator:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Zoe Saldana's Gamora will be done with make-up

Actress Zoe Saldana has been doing the rounds promoting J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness in which she reprises the role of Nyota Uhura, but she's already lined up her next big science fiction movie playing Gamora in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy and there's a lot of curiosity about how she'll be portrayed.

When Total Film sat down with her for an interview, she told them that Gamora would indeed be herself in green make-up rather than using any sort of CG or performance capture, which is a viable question since Saldana famously played the performance capture role of Neytiri in James Cameron's Avatar.

The thought of Saldana as the barely-clad green warrior Gamora in the flesh is probably enough to give teenage boys a heart attack, but it's a good sign that Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy is in good hands with James Gunn.

It's scheduled to start production in a few weeks for an August 1, 2014 release date.

You can watch the interview with Saldana talking specifically about "Guardians" below. EW has also debuted new concept art from the film, which you can check out underneath. In it, we see a young Quill’s first close encounter on Earth, before he is whisked away to the far reaches of the galaxy.

Last edited by a moderator:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Zoe Saldana talks Guardians of the Galaxy

We're still some time away from seeing anything official for Guardians of the Galaxy, but this interview with star Zoe Saldana conducted by MTV offers some interesting insight into what the film could be like.

"It feels unique, but it doesn't feel like it hasn't been done before," says Saldana. "I love the levity in the script and I like the casting of it. I've been a fan of Chris Pratt and I think that his gifted, natural comedic timing might come in handy to play someone like Star-Lord."

When asked about her costume, which is often quite revealing in the source material, Saldana had this to say.

"I'm in the process right now of the evolution of conceiving Gamora's look. It's exciting! We're trying to work out comfort also, because you know that I definitely want to be involved in the stunt-doing of my character."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Dave Bautista teases his Guardians of the Galaxy makeup

Officially announced for the role of Drax the Destroyer in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy back in March, wrestler-turned-actor Dave Bautista today tweeted an image that appears to be him undergoing a makeup application for the part. Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Glenn Close boards Guardians of the Galaxy

Glenn Close has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy as a leading member of the intergalactic Nova Corps, Deadline reports. She'll star opposite Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond and Lee Pace in the James Gunn film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Doctor Who star Karen Gillan joins Guardians of the Galaxy

Karen Gillan is the latest addition to the cast of Marvel Studio's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. She's said to be playing the lead female villain, though the specific role has not yet been disclosed. She'll star opposite Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, Lee Pace, and Glenn Close in the James Gunn film.

Gillan is most well known for playing Amy Pond for three seasons on the popular BBC series "Doctor Who."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Benicio Del Toro Cast in lead role for Guardians of the Galaxy

One more bit of casting news for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy as Deadline is reporting that actor Benicio Del Toro has been cast in a lead role in the film. Del Toro's role is being kept under wraps by Marvel, but the actor has signed a multi-picture deal, meaning he will return in future Marvel movies. Could he be providing the voice of Rocket Raccoon or maybe playing Thanos?

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

James Gunn welcomes a Raccoon to the Guardians of the Galaxy set

James Gunn has said in the past that his take on Guardians of the Galaxy's Rocket Raccoon has involved bringing actual furry critters into the studio to study. Today, via his Twitter feed, Gunn has revealed an image of just such a guest. Check it out below!

"I've just hired a new gaffer for the shoot," he jokes. "Chewing on wires is good, right?"

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

John C. Reilly takes Guardians of the Galaxy

John C. Reilly is the latest name to join the eclectic cast of Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy. Deadline reports that Reilly is now locked for the role of Ronan the Accuser in the James Gunn film.

Ronan, who first appeared in Fantastic Four #65 in 1967, is a law enforcement representative for an alien race, the Kree.

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
k.dimitriadis