JAZZ ALBUMS

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
1621505085252.png

...According to Kahn, engineer Fred Plaut “…favored the new Telefunken U-49 microphones, a workhorse of the recording industry. Their warm, rounded response especially in the mid to lower range of the dynamic spectrum made them a favorite for jazz and other acoustic music sessions.” (I think Kahn meant of the frequency not the dynamic spectrum)...

...“Even the quietest original pressing creates a pleasing romantic blur over a soft bed of noise but compared to this issue the overall picture is distant and hazy (though the romanticized version still pulls). The UHQR offers the blackest, quietest backgrounds and unparalleled transparency, but more critically, the modified Finebuilt hand press produces unprecedented transient precision and instrumental focus and resolves low level details that will deliver surprises to even the most blasé KOB veteran, one of whom visited and exclaimed “I’ve never heard that before”. This pressing allows you to see further into the mix and transports you back in time and into the 30th Street studios. I don’t care what version you now have you’ve never heard Kind of Blue quite like this...

MUSIC
1621505143375.png

SOUND
1621505174479.png

Reaction score
View attachment 213155

...According to Kahn, engineer Fred Plaut “…favored the new Telefunken U-49 microphones, a workhorse of the recording industry. Their warm, rounded response especially in the mid to lower range of the dynamic spectrum made them a favorite for jazz and other acoustic music sessions.” (I think Kahn meant of the frequency not the dynamic spectrum)...

...“Even the quietest original pressing creates a pleasing romantic blur over a soft bed of noise but compared to this issue the overall picture is distant and hazy (though the romanticized version still pulls). The UHQR offers the blackest, quietest backgrounds and unparalleled transparency, but more critically, the modified Finebuilt hand press produces unprecedented transient precision and instrumental focus and resolves low level details that will deliver surprises to even the most blasé KOB veteran, one of whom visited and exclaimed “I’ve never heard that before”. This pressing allows you to see further into the mix and transports you back in time and into the 30th Street studios. I don’t care what version you now have you’ve never heard Kind of Blue quite like this...

MUSIC
View attachment 213157

SOUND
View attachment 213158

καλησπέρα σας στους κανόνες του avi
Michael Garrick - Moonscape
Από το μακρινό 1964
jazz από τη Βρετανική σκηνή.

View attachment 213109
Πολύ καλό! Δεν το ήξερα καθόλου ούτε το άλμπουμ όυτε τον πιανίστα!

P

panag 505

Jazz meets Greek Variations

Neil Ardley, Ian Carr, Don Rendell - Greek Variations

Μια πρόταση ακόμα από την Βρετανική Jazz σκηνή
με μια απόπειρα πολύ επιτυχημένης προσέγγισης των Ελληνικών δρώμενων περασμένων χρόνων
(1969). Έχω ακούσει διάφορα που προσπάθησαν να προσεγγίσουν μουσικά τα Ελληνικά χρώματα
αλλά τα θεωρώ έως και γελοία, στην περίπτωση αυτή όμως είναι αισθητικά ενδιαφέροντα, και άξια προσοχής.

Neil Ardley, Ian Carr, Don Rendell - Greek Variations.jpg

Reaction score
ενα απο τα top 10 του 2020 ...
κι αλλο ενα, απο τους The Who Trio.
ομολογουμενως το Who quartet ειναι πιο γνωστο απ το τριο :) αλλά εδω μιλαμε για δυνατο τριο.
(απίθανη εγγραφή)

Last edited:

Reaction score
και άλλα 2, μια και μπήκα στον κόπο.
σύγχρονες jazz απόψεις ...

[ιδιαίτερη έμφαση στην ηχογράφηση]

Reaction score
Πριν από πολλά χρόνια μου είχε προτείνει το CD, πωλητής στο Νάκα. Από τους αγαπημένους.

Reaction score
Ακούστε αυτό και θα αρχίσετε να ακούτε jazz οι φαν της ελληνικής μουσικής.
Φακανάς, Τουλιάτος, Στρατηγόπουλος, Δερτιλής και φυσικά ο Μικρούτσικος στο πιάνο.
Κλείστε τα μάτια στην εισαφωγή και ταξιδέψτε!
Ηχογραφήθηκε μια νύχτα με πανσέληνο.
Η ηχογράφηση δεν είναι καλή αλλά γράφτηκε σε κασέτα για αρχείο, μετά αποφάσισε ο Θάνος να το βάλει σε δίσκο.
Καλή ακρόαση (σε όσους δεν έχουν ακούσει αυτή την εκτέλεση).

Reaction score
Και αφού περάσαμε σε Έλληνες jazzmen, το διπλό CD The Jazz Side of Mimis Plessas (ειδικά το 2ο) είναι απόλαυση

Decembered

Μαϊμού
Reaction score

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
JimmyP