Jean-Michel Jarre : Organic meets Electronic

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
"I have an organic approach toward music but I've always been interested in electronics," says Jean-Michel Jarre, whose luxurious electronic pop conquered the world in 1976 with his hit album Oxygène. Even today, Oxygène's bubbling tones and saturated textures provide a blissful sonic experience. "I love jazz because of its organic approach to sound, and I've been influenced by that. I always thought that jazz and electronic music have much more in common than we think."

Micallef: Your new music still sounds like you. You haven't tried to update it or make it sound like contemporary electronic music.

Jarre: Somebody else who had a great influence on me was Federico Fellini, the Italian director. Nino Rota is my god. [Rota composed the scores for many of Fellini's films.—KM] I met Fellini at the end of his life, in Cannes. He said, "Jean-Michel, when I look back I always thought I was making a totally different movie each time. But then I realized that I always did the same movie, just variations of myself." I think that, for any kind of artist, there is nothing new in life because we are repeating the same thing. If you look back—take Miles Davis, take the Beatles, take Stanley Kubrick—they're all saying the same thing to us. It's just a variation of what we call style. Whatever you do, you can't escape.

Micallef: Is there any difference between the vinyl and CD releases of Équinoxe Infinity?

Jarre: No, it's the same, vinyl and CD, as well as limited-edition cassette. If you watch Ready Player One, from Spielberg, or Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool, they're all referring to mixing sci-fi with '80s music and they're playing audio cassettes. So I thought it could be fun to create a cassette.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/jean-michel-jarre-organic-meets-electronic

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
albie