Kit αναβάθμισης της ATC με νέα tweeters για SCM50/100?

Y

Yiannis_B

Ενδιαφέρον...:rolleyes:

06-05-14/mattski - "I spoke to ATC this morning. They think the 50s with the new tweeters are about 6 weeks away and that it should be a home-upgrade activity if one wanted to do that. They also thought it might be about £150 per speaker but they'll call me back on Friday and let me know."

07-05-14/mattski - "I've spoken to ATC a couple of times this week and whilst there will be an upgrade for older versions, they said there are some minor crossover differences but that they could also be upgraded [by them, I would presume]. They did say that they're looking at enabling an upgrade with a drop-in of the new tweeter. But, the baffle is different and so they've going to provide an appropriately sized waveguide as the new tweeter is smaller than the previous version."

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156004&page=2

Y

Yiannis_B

SH25-76 Tweeter
Sharing technology with the renowned ATC soft domed mid-range drive unit, the new tweeter employs a unique dual suspension system suppressing rocking modes even at high power output levels. The ATC configuration of a short edge-wound voice coil in a long, narrow magnetic gap ensures exceptionally low distortion throughout its operating band and removes the need for ferrofluids, which can dry out over time, compromising performance.

A complex, shaped, soft-domed diaphragm extends high frequency range and offers a smooth off-axis response. The tweeter’s 15,000 gauss (1.5 tesla) neodymium magnet has a black heat-treated top plate, which dissipates heat away from the voice coil to maintain high power handling and low power compression. A precision-machined 5.5mm rigid alloy waveguide provides optimum dispersion, a flat on-axis frequency response and resonance-free operation.

http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/news/

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
Technical data for ATC's new Super SH25-76S Soft Dome Tweeter

The SH25-76S is ATC's premium 25mm soft dome tweeter, designed and built with the same no compromise philosophy as all other ATC drive units and to perfectly compliment the renowned SM-75-150S Super Dome mid-range driver.

Unlike almost any other 25mm tweeter on the market the SH-25-76S is a dual suspension design which ensures pistonic motion, suppressing anhramonic rocking mode, even at high drive level, and enables the use of narrower magnetic gaps, this, along with a short coil, long gap configuration ensures unparalled lineraity and incredibly low distortion throughout its intended operating band. The soft dome diaphragm is based on a complex geometry which maximises power transfer from the former, extending the high frequency response and giving a smooth off-axis response.

The massive neodymium motor with heat treated top plate is optimised to give a 20,000 gauss (2.0 Tesla) in the magnetic gap, extending the frequency response well beyond 20kHz and resulting in moderately high sensitivity, even with the very strong, well-damped structures employed. The huge motor assembly also performs the secondary function of dissipating heat away from the coil and ensuring high power handling and low power compression. The motor topology and moving assembly design negate the requirement for ferro fluid. The SH25-76S is therefore, free from the detrimental effects of this drying out over time.

The geometery of the waveguide is designed for optimum dispersion and an extended on-axis frequency response. It is made from a precision machined alloy so that the entire structure is extremely rigid and free from resonances.

Specification-

Sensitivity: 91.5 +/- 0.5dB/W @ 1m

Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms

Frequency Lineraity (+/- 2dB): 1.5kHz to 22kHz

Cut-Off Frequency (-6dB): 26kHz

Dispersion: +/-80 degrees Coherent

Magnetic Gap Height: 3.0mm

Coil Length: 2.0mm

Magnetic Gap Flux Density: 2.0 Tesla/20,000 Gauss

Weight: 0.34kg

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
Αυτο που δεν έχω καταλάβει είναι η super έκδοση του νέου tweeter (που μπαίνει στα 50/100/150) βγαίνει με μικρή / μεγάλη / δύο διαφορετικές φλάντζες.

Εδώ στο νέο 100SE (μικρή φλάντζα):

Εδώ στο νέο 50ASLT (μεγάλη φλάντζα - ίδια με του παλιού SEAS):

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
"The price for an ATC tweeter (SH25-76S) will be £250 incVat each. The price is irrespective of the type of waveguide fitted. If the work is carried out here at the factory then there would be a labour charge added to this."

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
Δεν έχω καταλάβει αν τελικά θα χρειαστούν αλλαγές στο crossover. Νομίζω πως όχι. Sensitivity και nominal impedance είναι πρακτικά ίδιες με το seas.

Last edited:

themiloc

Επαγγελματίας
Reaction score
Μόλις ολοκληρωθεί το κιτ αναβάθμισης του νέου τουίτερ, θα γνωρίζουμε και αν θα υπάρχουν κάποιες αλλαγές στο κροσόβερ κάθε μοντέλου και ποιές. Αναμένουμε και θα ενημερώσω.

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
Κ. Θέμη, μήπως υπάρχει κάποιο νεώτερο σχετικά με το κιτ αναβάθμισης; Το εργοστάσιο έχει αρχίσει να δέχεται ηχεία για αναβάθμισηση όμως από ότι γράφει ο Αμερικανός αντιπρόσωπος η αναβάθμιση απαιτεί re-calibration και δε θα είναι DIY:

"From what I understand, I think the problem is ATC discovered some of the older ATC's had tweeters in them that varied in sensitivity much more than thought. Back then (20+ years ago) the tweeters were bought in quantity to spec, but suppliers were not so good about maintaining a close tolerance on sensitivity batch to batch in what they shipped. 1/2 dB is a BIG difference in tweeter. So adjustments where made at the factory in crossovers and designs to account for that (so they all sounded as intended). Now, dropping in the new / every-one-the-same sensitivity tweeter to all those older designs would make some sound brighter or darker based on what the old tweeter was like. ATC will not see your monitors become something other than intended. ATC cannot run different batches of the new tweeter either, how would you keep track? What happens when you need a replacement? That just compounds the complication. All these ideas were studied, which is why it took so long. So in the end requiring distributors like me to calibrate your speakers on upgrade is the only way to protect your investment in "the ATC sound". Its complex technical issue and most manufacturers would say "forget it" or "no one will know" and for the most part that might work out of for other manufacturers. I know for a fact that it would not work out for Billy Woodman; he has had Engineering working very hard on how to preserve your investment to assure you that it will always be THE "ATC sound". He wants to provide an upgrade path to as many as possible.

It's not anyone's preferred path on this "supply" side; a lot of extra work for the factory and for me ( I have to buy all this calibration equipment and testing gear as US customers will not want to send speakers to England). I can assure you it's not a profit motive behind this. Making sure every ATC (old and new) sounds to standard is their motive and their way. I know they feel bad about how this information was originally passed on (DIY upgrades and the lot) as I think the factory did not realize the extent of older tweeters varying as much as they did years and years ago. Remember, the upgrade accounts for TWO tweeter eras, VIFA (before 2001-2002) and SEAS (after 2001). We could be mad and say "they should have known" 20 years ago. Or we can say well who cares, let me do it anyway! So, the question I ask you, what is more important now that they know? Doing the right thing (factory or distributor calibration so it sounds like it would if it was made today) or the easy (DIY) thing?

For those of you far away, ask your local distributor about this. Having done import/export pro audio a few years, some of the distributors around the world will not be "switched on", but some will be
. "

dapost

Rehdeko & Harbeth lover
Reaction score
"Οnce all the documentation has been completed the upgrade kits will be launched and available through our dealers and distributors.

Passive speakers will need revised crossovers/new crossovers and active speakers will need recalibrating to ensure optimal performance.

Upgrade tweeters are a straight fit, size wise. We have engineered two 'upgrade' waveguides; one to fit the pre 2002 Vifa cut-out, ne to fit the post 2002 Seas cut-out.

Upgrade kits will only be available for SCM20/50/100/110/150. Upgrade kits will not be available for the SCM7/11/12/19/35/40
."

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11469895-post30.html

costas EAR

Δόκτωρ ΔιαXύσιος
Editor
Reaction score
Μάλλον η σοφότερη επιλογή θα είναι να παν μία βόλτα τα ηχεία ολόκληρα στην μαμά εταιρεία για αναβάθμιση με το νέο κιτ και καλιμπράρισμα. Το κόστος που ζητούν για την αναβάθμιση είναι λογικό, βάση της αξίας του ηχείου.

Αξιόλογη η κίνηση της ATC να υποστηρίξει τόσο μεγάλη γκάμα από παλαιότερα ηχεία για αναβάθμιση με τις τελευταίες εξελίξεις. Εύγε! :)

Προσωπικά θα αναβαθμιζα το ηχείο μου, αν είχα. ;)

gonis

Luger
Reaction score
Επειδή εχω πρόσφατη εμπειρία απο μεταφορικά πιστεύω οτι θα ειναι ασύμφορο (υπολογίζω >2000€)

Zizik

Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Εξαρτάται απο τη μεταφορική και την υπομονή μας. Και βέβαια γίνεται με 300€.

gonis

Luger
Reaction score
Πλήρωσα 480€ με UPS Αθηνα-Παρίσι για τρία δέματα (δυο μονομπλοκ και ενα προενισχυτη)

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
k.dimitriadis