PS Audio DL-lll Digital Link Dac

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score

DL-III Digital Link DAC
Retail: $995

"So with all of this praise heaped on the little DL-III does it rank as one of the best DACs out there? I think for the price and where it is made (USA) and its performance, yes! Products from companies like Benchmark, Bel Canto, and PS Audio have a lot better DAC chip sets and component parts to work with and design a product around than high end manufacturers did ten, five or even two years ago. This would seem to make some of the old, expensive war-horses obsolete. With the option of a USB input the DL-III plants its foot squarely in the future for serving music. With its other connection options it pulls in the large CD collections many of us have and refuse to part with and upgrades them along the way. The official mod by Underwood is just the icing on the cake to this old modder and tweaker. The fact that I bought this review sample means I want to play and enjoy my music right NOW and not worry which format is best. I admit to not shopping around as much as I should have, but the DL-III won my heart over almost instantaneously." -- Francisco Duran

Full Review: positive-feedback.com

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score
Kι ένα aftermarket mod για το DAC της PS Audio...

"In conclusion, the stock DL III was an impressive performer. It displayed plenty of detail and a warmer tonal balance than I normally hear with modern digital. It's not perfect but for the price I have no serious complaints. Even if it retailed for $2,000, I'd still give it a thumbs up. After perusing various CES 2008 show reports during which my eyes glazed over from $15,000 preamps, $40,000 speakers and even a $24,000 music server, this audio tight wad is thankful for products like the Digital Link III that offer terrific sound for such a reasonable price.

The Cullen Circuits Stage Three mod builds upon the fine-sounding stock DL III and takes it up to a level that I'd frankly expect to pay $3,000-$4,000 for. It provided an ideal mix of detail and musicality at a very attractive price. If you own a DL III, call the folks at Cullen and pimp out your DAC. If not, I highly recommend purchasing the Stage Three modded DL III or even the stock version if funds are tight. You can upgrade later.

As stated above, I shan't return this DAC and will instead send a check to the folks at Cullen. And I fully intend to pester Mr. McGowan to claim review dibs on his upcoming Perfect Wave Transport which presently is slated to retail for the exceedingly fetching price of $1,695. Forget $24,000 music servers. This piece appears to be one the most promising digital playback products I've heard about yet."

Full Review: 6moons.com

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
triantafyllos1969