''Sutherland Engineering'', Little Loco phono preamplifier

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
1570429428648.png

Sutherland continued: "Because of the smaller power supply, I could use smaller boards and a smaller chassis. The Little Loco actually uses the same chassis as the [Sutherland Insight phono preamp], so I didn't have the expense of building a new one." I asked, "If you're reusing an existing chassis, why design a whole new power supply?" After all, you can buy cheap ones off the shelf, such as the one he used with the Sutherland Duo. His answer: "Oh, I just thought it should have a linear power supply."

1570429490834.png

When I listened critically to the Little Loco's flowing musical lines, I realized that my system was resolving temporal information at a much finer level than with my reference phono preamp. I was aware of notes starting and stopping within continuous lines being played by each of the instruments in the Slovak Chamber Orchestra. The initial and final dynamic transients of notes were portrayed so finely and precisely that I was hearing impossibly brief silences between immediately subsequent passages and individual notes within a passage. Even the smallest dynamic transients were articulate in a way that caught me off guard. At the other end of the spectrum, the explosive, out-of-nowhere chops in Rickie Lee Jones's rendering of "Under the Boardwalk" on her EP Girl at Her Volcano (Warner Brothers 1-23805) were even more explosive with the Little Loco but not the least bit harsh or edgy—with a fine delicacy at their very first and last edges that seemed right. It was impossible to avoid the conclusion that the cartridge and Little Loco were extracting more information from any given slice of time, akin to how half-speed mastering puts more information into a given slice of time.

1570429515037.png

My experience with the Little Loco convinced me that it wouldn't be hard to find a reasonably priced cartridge that sounded beyond incredible with it: I just tried what I had in my closet, and most of them worked beautifully—good enough to stop shopping then and there. The combination of the Little Loco and the $500 AT-OC9ML/II sounded as good as a $20,000 combination of my experience, in nearly every way—and better in some. With the $1600 Benz Micro SL, the Little Loco did things I've never heard my system do before.

1570429608607.png

Description: Solid-state, current-mode phono preamplifier. Inputs: one pair, RCA. Outputs: one pair, RCA. Cartridge loading: n/a. Gain: 10k ohms at 1kHz, ±6dB. Power consumption 12W.
Dimensions: 17" (432mm) W × 2.0" (51mm) H × 13" (330mm) D. Weight: 15lb (6.8 kg) net, 18lb (8.2 kg) shipping.
Serial number of unit reviewed: 2759.

- η ίδια εταιρεία έχει παρουσιάσει σχετικά οικονομικά phono stages με μπαταρίες , και πολύ καλή ''ησυχία'' προφανώς

Bhutia

Hidden Guru
Editor
Reaction score
Stereophile :
"When I listened critically to the Little Loco's flowing musical lines, I realized that my system was resolving temporal information at a much finer level than with my reference phono preamp. I was aware of notes starting and stopping within continuous lines being played by each of the instruments in the Slovak Chamber Orchestra. The initial and final dynamic transients of notes were portrayed so finely and precisely that I was hearing impossibly brief silences between immediately subsequent passages and individual notes within a passage. Even the smallest dynamic transients were articulate in a way that caught me off guard. At the other end of the spectrum, the explosive, out-of-nowhere chops in Rickie Lee Jones's rendering of "Under the Boardwalk" on her EP Girl at Her Volcano (Warner Brothers 1-23805) were even more explosive with the Little Loco but not the least bit harsh or edgy—with a fine delicacy at their very first and last edges that seemed right. It was impossible to avoid the conclusion that the cartridge and Little Loco were extracting more information from any given slice of time, akin to how half-speed mastering puts more information into a given slice of time..."

- η ίδια εταιρεία έχει παρουσιάσει σχετικά οικονομικά phono stages με μπαταρίες , και πολύ καλή ''ησυχία'' προφανώς
΄΄Εδώ / εδώ / στο γήπεδο αυτό !΄΄

Αν ο δοκιμαστής δεν διαθέτει υπερφυσικό setup,τότε έχει υπερφυσική...ακουστική αντίληψη.;)
Αφού κατάφερε εντός του οικιακού του χώρου χωρίς διορθώσεις - καθότι άμα είχε εφαρμόσει σχετικό λογισμικό πρώτον,το σήμα δεν θα είχε παραμείνει σε αναλογικό πεδίο οπότε άκυροι οι διθύραμβοι και δεύτερον θα είχαν σίγουρα επισημανθεί από τον αρθρογράφο τέτοιου είδους επεμβάσεις - να ξεχωρίζει λεπτές τομές στο πεδίο του χρόνου σαν φέτες από εγκλεισμένο εντός του master υλικό έτοιμες προς ηλεκτρονική μικροσκόπηση,η επιστήμη σηκώνει τα χέρια ψηλά.

Αδύνατον να ληφθεί στα σοβαρά τόσο η δοκιμή όσο κι ένα ακριβό φωνογραφικό στάδιο με τόσες ασυμβατότητες - μολονότι η υλοποίηση υπό τοπολογία διαντίστασης είναι ενδιαφέρουσα.Και αυτό γιατί υπερτίθεται μέσα από αυτήν εις τη νιοστή δύναμη ο εγγενής περιορισμός ευχρηστίας των βινυλιοσυστημάτων.

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
Nika