The Wolverine (2013)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Βασισμένη στο διάσημο κόμικ, αυτή η επική περιπέτεια ταξιδεύει τον Γούλβεριν (Χιου Τζάκμαν), τον πιο ξεχωριστό ήρωα από τους Χ-ΜΕΝ, στη σύγχρονη Ιαπωνία. Εντελώς απροετοίμαστος και άγνωστος μεταξύ αγνώστων, ο Γούλβεριν θα αντιμετωπίσει την υπέρτατη δοκιμασία, σε μια μάχη μέχρι θανάτου που θα τον αλλάξει για πάντα. Ευάλωτος για πρώτη φορά, θα αγγίξει τα όρια τόσο στις σωματικές όσο και στις συναισθηματικές τους δυνατότητες, αφού θα χρειαστεί να αντιμετωπίσει όχι μόνο το φονικό σπαθί των σαμουράι, αλλά και έναν εσωτερικό αγώνα ενάντια στην ίδια του την αθανασία, για να αναδυθεί και πάλι δυνατότερος από ποτέ.

Release Date: July 26, 2013 (3D/2D theaters)

Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima, Brian Tee

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Mangold
Screenwriter: Mark Bomback, Scott Frank
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: https://www.facebook.com/wolverinemovie

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Even more set photos from The Wolverine have popped up today, this time featuring Svetlana Khodchenkova in costume as Viper. In the film, much like the comics, Viper will be
a former friend turned enemy of Wolverine's (he seems to have a knack for doing that)

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
When X-Men Origins: Wolverine hit theaters, many fans didn't care for it and part of that reason would be how it didn't match up with the timeline of the other films. People pointed out this problem even more with the prequel X-Men: First Class. With the upcoming film The Wolverine being about Logan's time in Japan, coupled with the 'after credits sequence' of Logan in Japan from the previous film, we've all assumed that this next entry will be a follow-up that leads into Bryan Singer's X-Men. We were wrong. If you don't want to know anything else, don't read further due to potential spoilers.

In an interview with Empire, director James Mangold said that this film is not a prequel at all. "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all," revealed Mangold. "Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."

Now, there will be prequel elements in the film as we already know some scenes will take place in World War II, but after that it will presumably jump to the present day.

"That’s something that for me was very important, that I land in a very specific place in his timeline," says Mangold. "I wanted to be able to tell the story without the burden of handing it off to a film that already exists and having to conform to it. The ideas of immortality reign very heavily in this story and the burden of immortality weighs heavily on Logan. For me that’s such an interesting part of Logan’s character that is nearly impossible to explore if you have a kind of league or team movie."

And before you start to think of this movie as an action adventure, Mangold gave his two cents on its categorization: "Japanese noir picture with tentpole action in it."

Last edited:

Reaction score
ωραιααα πραγματα αλλα αργει ρε γμτ ποιος περιμενει μεχρι τοτε ααααααααααααααααααα!!!!!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Worldwide release dates for The Wolverine

Following the international (motion) poster for The Wolverine earlier this week, Twentieth Century Fox Film has also revealed the worldwide release dates for the film and you can check out the listing below.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
James Mangold explains The Wolverine's placement in the X-Men film universe

Set to hit theaters this summer, James Mangold's The Wolverine re-teams the director with his Kate & Leopold leading man Hugh Jackman. In a discussion today with EW, Mangold talks about the collaboration and about the specific period that the film is set in, following X-Men: The Last Stand in the franchise's big screen chronology.

"It’s set after 'X-Men 3', but I wouldn’t call it a sequel to 'X-Men 3'," says Mangold. "...Because of some of the themes in the Claremont/Miller saga. I felt it was really important to find Logan at a moment where he was stripped clean of his duties to the X-Men, his other allegiances, and even stripped clean of his own sense of purpose. I was fascinated with the idea of portraying Logan as a ronin – the definition of which is a samurai without a master, without a purpose. Kind of a soldier who is cut loose. War is over. What does he do? What does he face? What does he believe anymore? Who are his friends? What is his reason for being here anymore? I think those questions are especially interesting when you’re dealing with a character who is essentially immortal."

Mangold goes on to explain that, while story beats are borrowed from Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's Japan-set miniseries (specifically noting that Yukio, Viper, Mariko and Shingen will all appear), the overall project is something all its own that he likens to The Outlaw Josey Wales.

"What I wrote on the back of the script when I first read it was 'Everyone I love will die,'" Mangold continues. "The story I’ve been telling, he enters it believing that. Therefore he’s living in a kind of isolation. He gets drawn to Japan by an old friendship and then finds himself in a labyrinth of deceit, caught up in the agendas of mobsters, of wealth, and other powers we come to understand... You find Logan and his love is gone, his mentors are gone, many of his friends are gone, his own sense of purpose – what am I doing, why do I bother – and his exhaustion is high. He has lived a long time, and he’s tired. He’s tired of the pain."

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
20 δευτερόλεπτα preview του trailer που θα κυκλοφορήσει αύριο......!!!!!!

official trailer preview:

Last edited:

Staff online

• n_olympios
    Μαντιναδόρος!
  • spylab
    Shalom
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members