Thor: The Dark World (2013)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Release Date: November 8, 2013 (3D/2D theaters)

Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo, Anthony Hopkins

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Alan Taylor
Screenwriter: Christopher Yost, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://thor.marvel.com

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Thor: The Dark World (2013)

First look at Malekith on the set of Thor: The Dark World

Tom Hiddleston is the bad boy of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's appeared as the antagonist Loki in two of the films in the series and is currently filming his third appearance as the character in Thor: The Dark World. Even though he appears as the mischievous Loki in the sequel he's not the main 'big bad' for the sequel. Christopher Eccleston joins the film as Malekith the Accursed and you can now see the first photos of the character and a beaten up Chris Hemsworth down below.

Hiddleston also spoke with GQ about the upcoming film and the pressure on the sequel because of this summer's The Avengers.

"It's mostly self-applied pressure actually. I remember Chris [Hemsworth] and I saying over the summer when Avengers came out, where do we go now? Going into this one we were - very flatteringly - involved in big creative conversations about tone, and story. Thor and Loki are these two characters that people know and love and understand - so we have to take this in the right direction. You want to do something new - you don't want to re-heat the same recipe in the microwave, you want to cook up something different and exciting - but you don't want to lose the things that worked the first time. So we're our own slave drivers, in a way. Complacency is the enemy. But that's exciting and it's going well. I have never seen a group of actors or a crew work harder."

GQ then asked how much influennce The Avengers has had on the sequel, specifically will we get a reference to the Hulk smashing Loki?

"Yeah! [laughs] He's certainly eaten humble pie. The springboard for us in the second Thor film is at the end of Avengers you see Thor and Loki beamed up back to Asgard. The first question that we all asked was 'what happens next? What does Odin have to say about the events of Avengers?' 'What's Jane Foster been up to while she wasn't involved?' It's really exciting, actually. We're literally half way through - we started at the start of August and we should be finished by Christmas. It's going beautifully."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Videos from the Thor: The Dark World set

We've got a series of behind the scenes set videos for Thor: The Dark World from visitor Dan Mumford. He's got a series of 15 set videos that you can see by clicking here, but we've picked out the best for you that you check out below. You can see a good shot of Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed and him getting ready for a fight with Chris Hemsworth.

Last edited:

PPG

Πίπιτζι
Reaction score

Τελεια ελπιζω να ειναι καλο!!!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Jaimie Alexander Updates on Thor: The Dark World

Next appearing on the big screen opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in January 18th's The Last Stand, Jaimie Alexander is also set to reprise her role as Sif in this fall's Thor: The Dark World. Today, Alexander spoke with IAmRogue about the Marvel Studios project in a video interview that you can check out in the player below.

"We sort of explore the Sif/Thor relationship a little bit," she tells the outlet. "…It's more getting a feel of who these people are and how they are the way they are with each other."

Alexander goes on to discuss director Alan Taylor, the recasting of Fandral and the overall darker tone of Thor's third big screen appearance on the video above.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje talks Thor: The Dark World

Known to "LOST" fans as Mr. Eko, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has made his way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will make his debut in Thor: The Dark World as both Algrim and Kurse. He spoke with MTV about his character, his fights, and his potential return for more movies.

"Kurse is very animalistic. He's got these horns, so what I did was try to go with that flow so my movements were very much like an animal. You had to contort your body and your head cause I've got these big horns on my head. Very, very differeny style from Chris'. It was a great ride."

With both Kurse and Malekith in the antagonist roles for the film, where does that leave fan favorite Loki? Well, he's not sitting this one out.

"He gets his fair share, me and him as well. The great thing about Kurse, he's having it with everybody. Loki has some amazing fights in this, everybody gets their shine. I won't tell you what really happens, but there's some great surprises."

Even though we won't see him in a Marvel film until later this year, it seems like his tenure with Marvel Studios will continue with appearances in more movies.

"We're talking about that. Obviously Marvel is a great family that I'm happy to be working with. We had a great time on, so I'd love to continue that relationship."

When asked if his return might be for a part in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy he laughed and said, "I'm not talking about anything yet. I'm just talking about having a really good relationship with Marvel."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

New images and plot details from Thor: The Dark World

Last week saw the release of the first poster for the upcoming Thor: The Dark World and now we've learned a little more about the upcoming film, thanks to USA Today.

In the film, Thor returns to Earth where he meets up again with Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and don't think she's forgotten that he didn't come see her the last time he was here.

"Thor still has lot of explaining to do, and a lot of making up," says star Chris Hemsworth. "Even demigods end up in the doghouse, mate. So none of us is safe."

To make matters worse, Foster's life is in danger and Thor must bring her back with him to Asgard.

"So while Thor was a fish out of water on Earth in the first two films (Thor and The Avengers), this time Jane is very much a fish out of water in Asgard," says Marvel producer Kevin Feige.

Not only will Thor have to worry about the Dark Elf Malekith, played by Christopher Eccleston, he'll find himself in a love triangle with himself, Jane, and the warrior Sif with his disapproving parents watching.

"It's superhero action, but it's the familiar territory of a love triangle where the parents think your girlfriend is wrong for you," says Feige. "That's how the best of these movies work."

With all that in mind, the film will still have plenty of action and fighting to boot.

"I really wanted to ramp up his skill set in battle," says Hemsworth. "He's not just this Viking throwing the hammer. Here he's more demigod with dynamic moves we haven't seen before."

To further complicate things, Thor must seek the help of his brother Loki, who is still serving time in an Asgard prison.

"Needing Loki's help turns everything on its head," says Hemsworth. "And it allows us to explore the underlying complexities of their relationship. It really ends up being a kind of chess match."

Check back tomorrow when the first trailer for Thor: The Dark World is set appear online!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Το official teaser μόλις έφτασεεε:

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Ray Stevenson talks Thor: The Dark World

Like few other actors, Ray Stevenson has had a career allowing him to play multiple characters from the Marvel Universe. This November, he returns to the most recent role as one of the Warriors Three, Volstagg, in Thor: The Dark World. Stevenson spoke with The Wall Street Journal about retuning to the character and how different the film is this time around.

"In the first “Thor” Asgard had this tremendous peace among the 9 realms. They were riding at the heights. Everything is working and looking as it should be. In this one, the realms are being whipped up into various rebellions. There is a darker malignant force out there and we are in the process of engaging in long protracted skirmishes and battles. The luster and shine of the city has been taken off and it all leads to a huge assault, an attack at the heart of Asgard. It could be completely wiped out, the stakes are a lot higher."

Stevenson also indicates that we'll be seeing Volstagg in combat more than we did in the first film.

"He’s great on a battlefield. He is one of the warriors three and doing what they do, their time is spent fighting on many different fronts. They’re not always fighting together. Volstagg is struggling, he has a brood, they are fighting for hearth and home as much as for the idea of Asgard itself. That’s where he has trouble. He’s all too aware of how potentially threatening this new enemy is on both the home front and the battlefield."

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
albie