Totem Acoustic Signature One loudspeaker , stereophile review

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score
Herb Reichert | Dec 28, 2017

New York City, 1989: I had a music and audio-guru friend named George, who worked at both Tower Records and Stereo Exchange. Every Saturday I'd slip him a Grant and, over the following week, he would choose $50 worth of used Tower LPs he thought I should own. One midweek afternoon, on my way home from work, I dropped in on George at Stereo Exchange, to chat and maybe see what was new. Grinning, he led me to a back room and pointed to a pair of small speakers mounted on stands. "Tell me what you think of these." He walked out and left me to listen alone . . .

. . . Description: Two-way, stand-mounted, reflex dynamic loudspeaker. Drive-units: 1" (25mm) aluminum-titanium dome tweeter (SEAS), 6.5" (165mm) woofer with cellulose-acrylate cone and 3" (75mm) voice-coil. Crossover frequency: 2.7kHz. Crossover slopes: quasi second-order. Frequency response: not specified. Nominal impedance: 8 ohms. Sensitivity: 87.5dB/2.83V/m. Maximum sound pressure: 103dB.
Dimensions: 13.8" (350mm) H by 7.7" (195mm) W by 10.6" (270mm) D. Weight: 19 lbs (8.6kg).
Finishes: Black Ash, Mahogany, Sapele, Satin White veneers.
Serial numbers of units reviewed: SIG 01008, 01009.
Price: $2650/pair.

Conclusions
The Totem Acoustic Signature One has an appealing, easy-flowing musicality that retains most of the monitor-like accuracy that made the original Model 1 a respected design that endured for 30 years. Highly recommended

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/totem-acoustic-signature-one-loudspeaker#wsGtMlaWj3fMY3dO.99

. . . ελπίζοντας να επανα-αντιπροσωπευθούν στην χώρα μας

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal