- Reaction score
Motivo is the brainchild of a Joint Venture between world-class industrial design firm Design Narratives and R&D and audio design Company Yottamusic.
Yottamusic has been working for 10 years on their the core-technology which is now in the Motivo: METACLOCK.
This Technology has 3 core principles:
- Do not use a generic SOC (System-on-chip to handle communication with the DAC)
- Use an interface that, other than USB and I2S allows faster data transfer
- Use a dedicated FPGA (a particular kind of processor which is extremely optimized for certain tasks) to handle communication with the DAC. Therefore emancipating the Audio Quality outcome from the OS\CPU combination.
- The audio stream is sent from the CPU via a high-speed BUS (SDIO) to a dedicated FPGA
- Here the stream is reclocked via a double buffer and stored on a high-speed memory
- It’s then sent, at the right moment to the DAC
- 104dB THD+N
- 110dB SNR
- Jitter: 200ps Maximum
- Network data correction
VOLUMIO MOTIVO TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Balanced and Unbalanced Analog Audio Output up to PCM 32 bit 768 kHz and DSD 1024
USB Audio Output up to PCM 32 bit 768 kHz and DSD512
SPDIF and Toslink Digital Audio Output up to PCM 24 bit 192 kHz
I2S over HDMI Audio Output
8” Onboard OLED Touchscreen
HDMI Video Output
Wireless 2.4 and 5 GHz + Bluetooth 4.1
Physical Volume Knob + Turn on\off button
Programmable state LED
And this is where it gets interesting: as always, we think the best way to deliver what you guys want is to involve you directly in our developments.
So, we want to invite you to join us the final design phase of Volumio Motivo. We want you to be part of this success, and we do strongly believe that your help will make the difference for Volumio Motivo, as it was for everything we’ve done in the past.