Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Joss Whedon talks Black Widow in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Unlike the first film, writer/director Joss Whedon is dropping all kinds of bits of info regarding the upcoming Avengers sequel "Age of Ultron." He's spoken about the addition of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye's role in the film, the lack of Agent Coulson, and now how Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow will factor into the movie.

Speaking at a Nerd HQ Q&A (via MTV), Whedon had this to say:

"Natasha is a huge part of the sequel because you do want to concentrate on the people who don't have their own franchises. Although she in 'Cap 2,' [and] she's great. She was the most fun for me because she's not a hero, you know, and it's something that I read—and I feel bad that I can't remember who wrote the book—but it's in one of the books explaining, 'These guys are heroes, you are a spy. It's a different thing—it's a different skill set—and you don't have their moral high ground or any of that good stuff.' And that just makes her so interesting to me. So yeah, the stuff I've got going on with her in the second one is killer."

Johansson can be seen as Black Widow again in the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is set for release April 4, 2014.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Tom Hiddleston talks absence from Avengers: Age of Ultron

Back in June, writer/director Joss Whedon surprised us all when he said that fan favorite villain Loki would not be in the upcoming sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron. Speaking with Empire, actor Tom Hiddleston says that it's for the best that he isn't in the movie.

"I think it's great for the film that I'm not going to be in it. Because I'm so proud of the first one. Joss and I, there were so many things that we both love about it and in a way if I was in it we'd be chasing those moments, we'd be chasing that again. The Avengers need a new bad guy to fight, they need new things to do...but for the film I'll be waving them off and saying 'Good luck, have fun' and I'll be in the front row when it comes out."

Hiddleston will, however, reprise the role for the upcoming Thor: The Dark World, which hits theaters on November 8th.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Aaron Taylor-Johnson discusses attraction to the role of Quicksilver

Kick-Ass star Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been the frontrunner for Quicksilver in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron for some time. Though still not officially signed on, the actor has spoken at length about the role to several outlets and in his latest interview with Total Film, he spoke about his attraction to the role.

“There's years - over 50 years - of backstory on him all there to use, and I like doing that. Him and his sister [Scarlet Witch] have been abandoned by their parents and their father, and they grew up in Eastern Europe defending and looking out for themselves and each other."

Johnson spoke about the character's relationship with Scarlet Witch as well: “His sister really is his guidance - emotionally she's the one who looks after him, and vice versa. He's very overprotective physically - he doesn't want anyone touching her.”

He also spoke about small character traits he's already come up with for the character in the film: “He has real anger frustration - I like that. I always thought it'd be quite funny if you saw him eating loads and people asked him why and he'd explain it's because he's burning so much energy all the time. Or ideas that you'd see him come back round - but he's already nipped out and got his lunch somewhere else. He just got bored - his attention span is so quick.”

Johnson reportedly says he wants to approach the character in an "out there" performance not unlike his Kick-Ass co-stars Jim Carrey and Nicolas Cage.

“That's what we're in talks about really, right now - how I could become that character and not feel forced. I might not look right with white hair, and the accent may be wrong... it just doesn't work like that."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon teases Ultron character details

Although we've still got three major Marvel Studios releases between now and then, it's hard to not already start getting excited for the end of "Phase Two" when The Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015. Ever since the title was revealed at Comic-Con, fan speculation has run rampant as to what qualities writer/director Joss Whedon might be borrowing from Ultron's 45-year history. Today, EW has an update from the man himself.

"As a character I love [Ultron] because he’s so pissed off,” Whedon says. "...I knew right away what I wanted to do with him. He’s always trying to destroy the Avengers, goddamn it. He’s got a bee in his bonnet. He’s not a happy guy, which means he’s an interesting guy. He’s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because, at some point, everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone who’s a witch.”

Whedon's comments also seem to confirm that the Scarlet Witch will indeed be magical in nature, something that Whedon has more than his fair share of experience writing about.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

James Spader cast as Ultron in Avengers Sequel!

Marvel has just announced that Emmy award-winning actor James Spader has been cast as Ultron in the upcoming sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron. Spader is most well known for playing Alan Shore on both "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," as well as Dr. Daniel Jackson in the Stargate movie.

Originally created by Hank Pym (Ant-Man) in the source material, Ultron has long been a chief villain for The Avengers since their inception.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Comic-Con title teaser for Avengers: Age of Ultron online

We're surprised this hasn't come online sooner, but the title teaser for Avengers: Age of Ultron that Joss Whedon revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con this July has now made its way to YouTube and can be watched below. Will it stay up? Maybe Marvel won't care since it doesn't show any actual footage from the anticipated sequel? We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Samuel L. Jackson says Elizabeth Olsen is in Avengers: Age of Ultron

While Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios have not officially confirmed the rumor that Elizabeth Olsen will play Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron, it looks like Samuel L. Jackson has done the job for them.

Speaking to The Wall Street Journal, Jackson said: "I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next year. I know we're shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms. [Elizabeth] Olsen [who will play the Scarlet Witch], but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven't seen a script."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
It's official! Aaron Taylor-Johnson assembles for Avengers: Age of Ultron

The actor rumored for the role since July, The Wrap is reporting that Kick-Ass and Savages star Aaron Taylor-Johnson is officially set to play Pietro "Quicksilver" Maximoff in Joss Whedon's Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Taylor-Johnson's portrayal of the speedy mutant will be the second take on the character to hit the big screen. Evan Peters is set to play the same role in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Cobie Smulders confirms she'll return for Avengers: Age of Ultron

She made her debut in 2012's Marvel's The Avengers, had a cameo in the pilot for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," she'll appear once again on the big screen in next year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Cobie Smulders shows no signs of giving up her Maria Hill role. Playing the Deputy director of S.H.I.E.L.D. gives her plenty of options to appear in Marvel's films and the actress recently confirmed that she'll return for the upcoming sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron.

“I think I’m in Avengers 2, but it is very top secret,” Smulders told the Calgary Herald. “I hope I’m in Avengers 2. I didn’t get my invitation yet. Well, actually, they know I’m in it but they don’t know to what degree I’m in it.”

Smulders later added: “I am really excited to read the script because they are introducing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into the Avengers universe and the bad guy is going to be very interesting.” That bad guy is of course Ultron, who will be played by James Spader in the sequel.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
It's official: Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson set for Avengers: Age of Ultron

Following reports from various other sources and quotes from the actors themselves, Marvel finally announced this morning that Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are officially signed on for their upcoming film Avengers: Age of Ultron. Check out the full press release below.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen have officially joined the Avengers family as the brother-sister duo of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the highly-anticipated sequel to 2012's smash-hit "Marvel's The Avengers"! "Avengers: Age of Ultron" arrives in theaters May 1, 2015.

Taylor-Johnson broke out with his roles as Dave Lizewski in the "Kick-Ass" franchise and with his portrayal of a young John Lennon in "Nowhere Boy," for which he won an Empire Award for Best Newcomer. Since then, Taylor Johnson has starred in 2012's critically-acclaimed "Anna Karenina" and director Oliver Stone's "Savages."

Since making her big screen debut in 2011 with "Silent House" and "Martha Marcy May Marlene," for which the actress garnered a number of awards and nominations, Olsen has gone on to star alongside the likes of Robert DeNiro and Sigourney Weaver in "Red Lights," Josh Brolin and Samuel L. Jackson in director Spike Lee's "Oldboy."

Taylor-Johnson and Olsen will share the screen as leads in the highly anticipated "Godzilla" remake scheduled for a May 2014 release.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Elizabeth Olsen talks playing 'messed up' Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Having just been officially confirmed yesterday by Marvel Studios, Elizabeth Olsen will make her debut as Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron and she cannot wait to get started. Speaking with Moviefone about the role, Olsen says she's excited to take on the role, which she calls a "messed up lady."

"I hung out with Mr. Whedon recently. I'm really excited about this movie. I'm so excited about Scarlet Witch. I have had so much fun reading all about her and I am like learning new words that I had to look up on Wikipedia. I'm really enjoying it.

"I just love Scarlet Witch. I love her. It's so funny because I'm often talking about all these psychologically damaged people, but when you talk about Scarlet Witch... She is a messed up lady. She has got more sh*t to deal with than anybody else I know. I'm excited to figure out what's appropriate to use for her, because there's so much material from all of these decades, and we're going to tell this one story. So to be able to choose what you're going to bring into it from all of this abundance, it's really fun."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Don Cheadle reportedly suiting up again for Avengers: Age of Ultron

Seems like The Avengers will have to make room for one more in their upcoming film as it appears Don Cheadle could be reprising his role of Colonel James Rhodes, AKA War Machine, in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Originally mentioned in passing at USA Today, Bleeding Cool reported the story as a rumor followed by a "confirmation" from HitFix on the actor's return for the film.

In addition, Bleeding Cool reports that British actor Simon McBurney is in line for a role in the film that they are hearing will be the "new Jarvis," which isn't a replacement computer but the actual butler named Jarvis.

This all remains unconfirmed by Marvel Studios, but check back here for official confirmation on the matter as we learn it.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Scarlett Johansson says Avengers: Age of Ultron's script is dark and dry

Captain America: The Winter Soldier doesn't hit theaters until April 4, but Scarlett Johansson is already planning her fourth big screen adventure as Natasha "Black Widow" Romanoff with next summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron. Catching up with Parade, the Her star says that she has received Joss Whedon's script and she appears to have nothing but praise for it.

"I think the script is dark and it’s dry," she says. "It has got this amazing one-liner, glass-cutting sense of humor. Obviously, the script is very cerebral. It doesn’t lose that exciting comic book aspect that people enjoyed in the first film, but it’s smart and it feels like the next installment. It doesn’t feel like a rehashing. It feels like these characters are moving forward. Plotlines are moving forward. It’s deep and I think that’s why people really respond to the Marvel Universe, because the films are fun and exciting and have all that flashy stuff, but there’s a gravity to them. People can expect that gravity this time around."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thomas Kretschmann cast as Baron Strucker in Avengers: Age of Ultron

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that "Dracula" star Thomas Kretschmann has been cast as a "major villain" in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, which they say is none other than Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. The site also notes that Kretschmann's deal to portray Strucker is for multiple films and not solely The Avengers sequel. Strucker was originally rumored to appear in the movie last month, and it now appears he will join the villain Ultron, played by James Spader, in the highly-anticipated sequel.

Strucker first appeared in 1964's "Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos." A former Nazi officer, Strucker's body is host to the "Death Spore Virus," which gives him powerful healing abilities and has stopped his aging. If he dies, however, the virus can go airborne and wipe out all life on Earth.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Mark Ruffalo comments on the Avengers: Age of Ultron script

Though he's campaigning for his own solo film, the next time we get to see Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk will be in 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron. Speaking with MTV, Mark Ruffalo was asked about the script for the highly anticipated sequel and said: "I would say that it's better, it's cooler, it's more awesomer. It's a little bit darker, but also really has Joss Whedon's incredible witty and sly sense of humor."

Ruffalo also added that Banner "gets to do such great stuff" in the sequel.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Paul Bettany to play The Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron

It looks like Paul Bettany might very well have an expanded presence in Joss Whedon's upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron. England's The Daily Mail first reported and then Variety quickly confirmed that the actor will play android team member The Vision in the May 1, 2015 release.

Bettany is no stranger to Marvel Studios films. He has provided the voice of Tony Stark's computer system, J.A.R.V.I.S. in all three Iron Man films as well as the original Marvel's The Avengers. It seems likely that, as has long been speculated by fans, the sequel will see Stark's program evolve into a fully-fledged A.I. android. Bettany was reportedly spotted at Shepperton Studios for a costume test.

The Vision has been a major part of the team since his debut in "The Avengers" #57 all the way back in 1968. In the comics, the character falls in love with and marries Scarlet Witch, who will be played in the sequel by Elizabeth Olsen.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Scarlett Johansson has a 'very big' role in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Solo film teased

When Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits the big screen on April 4, it will mark Scarlett Johansson's third big screen appearance as Natasha "Black Widow" Romanoff. That will soon be followed by a fourth, Avengers: Age of Ultron, in 2015. According to Total Film's new interview with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige (via Comic Book Movie), the much-anticipated sequel will feature a "very big" role for the character. What's more, he teases that a Black Widow solo film may be the next step for the character.

"We learn more about her past," Feige says of the Joss Whedon sequel, "and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

Of course, Black Widow is going to first have to make it through the events of The Winter Soldier, which Feige promises is a game-changer for the MCU.

"We wanted to change the dynamic of the cinematic universe with this film," Feige continues. "We wanted Cap and really the entire cinematic universe to be very different at the end of 'Winter Soldier' than it is at the beginning. Therefore, when we meet the Avengers at the top of 'Age of Ultron,' it's a very different landscape than we left them at the end of the first film. Partially that's because we love the rhythm that the comic books have developed. Each of the characters appear in their runs, occasionally they get together for a big event or crossover series, they part again, and then they come back together again."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Elizabeth Olsen on her 'more rooted' Avengers: Age of Ultron costume

With production on the much-anticipated sequel already underway in Johannesburg, Avengers: Age of Ultron star Elizabeth Olsen spoke with Total Film (via Super Hero Movie News) about her Scarlet Witch costume, which she says will mark a departure from the traditional comic book design.

"I don’t think Joss ever would have hired me, honestly, if he wanted me to wear those outfits," she says. "I am not a professional athlete and nor am I a model. Wearing those costumes wouldn’t be fun for anyone who wasn’t those things. He already had a different idea. It respects and involves the comic book character, but it's different. More rooted. It's for someone today... If someone walked around wearing what she wore in the comics, people would stop and say, ‘What the hell… she thinks she's a superhero!'"

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thomas Kretschmann talks Baron von Strucker, confirms multiple appearances

One of the many new additions to the cast of Marvel Studios' upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron is German actor Thomas Kretschmann as the villain Baron von Strucker, a high-ranking member of Hydra. Strucker's involvement in the upcoming film is still unknown, but rest assured it won't be Kretschmann's only appearance as the Baron. In an interview with B.Z. Berlin (via CBM), Kretschmann confirmed that he has signed on for multiple appearances as the character, saying:

"I have a multi-picture deal which means I will not only appear in the 2nd part, but they're planning with me for a longer period of time. But I don't know details yet, they're keeping their cards close to their chest - top secret!"

When asked if he was nervous about performing in such a big film, Kretschmann replied:

"Oh yes, I was nervous. I was over prepared; then on the set I went up to Joss Whedon, who passes for a genius, and said 'this is my first day, this is huge, please have patience with me, I'm a bit nervous.'"

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
timurakhmetov