The Legend Of Conan (TBA)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Release Date: TBA (To Be Announced)

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who starred in 1982's "Conan the Barbarian" and in 1984's "Conan the Destroyer," will reprise his role as the Cimmerian warrior in "The Legend of Conan," a new Robert E. Howard adaptation. The new film, will ignore the events of both "Conan the Destroyer" and of the most recent reboot, 2011's "Conan the Barbarian."

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Not Available
Screenwriter: Andrea Berloff, Chris Morgan
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Official Website: Not Available

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Ένας από τους ΑΓΑΠΗΜΕΝΟΥΣ μου ήρωες σε ταινία από όταν ήμουν παιδάκι, ξανά γυρνάει και μάλιστα με τον ηθοποιό που τον πρώτο έπαιξε.
Τον Arnold Schwarzenegger !!! :622:

Δεν υπάρχουν καλύτερα νέα από αυτά...!!! :626:

Reaction score
Πάντως συνέχεια του Conan The Barbarian υπάρχει ήδη απο το 1984 και είναι το Conan The Destroyer!!! (Όσο και θέλει να το ξεχάσει ο Arni...)
Μπαίνει πανάξια στη λίστα με τα μεγαλύτερα κινηματογραφικά μαργαριτάρια οπως το Turkish Star Wars και πολλές άλλες Τούρκικες και Ινδικές υπερπαραγωγές...

ΛΕΥΤΕΡΗΣ ΚΟΥΚΟΥΡΑΚΗΣ

απο-Συντονιστής
Reaction score
Μακαρι να κανω λαθος, αλλα Conan χωρις Milius και Πολυδουρη... Ελπιζω να ειναι στα χναρια της πρωτης ταινιας και να μη ξανακανουν ακομα μια πατατα... Παντως το νεο Κοναν, αν και προκατειλημμενος, μου αρεσε...

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Μακαρι να κανω λαθος, αλλα Conan χωρις Milius και Πολυδουρη... Ελπιζω να ειναι στα χναρια της πρωτης ταινιας και να μη ξανακανουν ακομα μια πατατα... Παντως το νεο Κοναν, αν και προκατειλημμενος, μου αρεσε...
Όχι, εμένα το καινούργιο Conan με τον Jason Momoa δεν μου άρεσε ομολογώ.

Συμφωνώ και επαυξάνω σχετικά με τον τρισμέγιστο Βασίλη Πολεδούρη που δεν υπάρχει πια εν ζωή και είχε γράψει την μουσική για το Conan The Barbarian & για το Conan The Destroyer (σημείωση για όποιον δεν το γνωρίζει από το Wikipedia: Poledouris's score for Conan the Barbarian is considered by many to be one of the finest examples of motion picture scoring ever written). Μεγάλη απώλεια αυτή όντως.
Αλλά τουλάχιστον θα έχουμε τον Arnie...

Κάτι είναι και αυτό από το τίποτα σωστά;

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Writer-Producer Chris Morgan talks The Legend of Conan

It was reported over a month ago that Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed on to reprise his role as Conan the Cimmerian warrior in The Legend of Conan. The film is set to be produced by Frederik Malmberg and Chris Morgan with Morgan having provided the story and potentially writing the script. Morgan spoke with Hero Complex about the film and the process, because it wasn't easy convincing Arnold to pick the sword back up.

Morgan told the actor to think of the film as 'catching up' with an old friend. “Not a reboot, not a remake. Just an update. Where has the character been all this time? A catch-up with Conan.”

The story that Morgan has plotted will pick up late in Conan's life while still ruling over his kingdom.

He says: “He’s not going out and fighting battles, but he ends up getting drawn into something and he has to access the barbarian he was in his youth. I love that Conan has been many things in his life, notably a pirate, a major tactician and a commander of men. In this movie, we’re going to tap into some of those things – things you haven’t seen on screen yet.

“I want the warrior whose joints have started to fuse together, who has to crack the cartilage so he can pick up a sword again. I want the guy who’s not necessarily lost a step, but there’s some rust he has to shake off. I want to embrace that. It makes it a greater hero story.

“Conan needs to be faced with challenges. The greatest challenge to him isn’t the armies that are set before him. It’s, on some level, self-doubt, a little bit of slowing down and forcing yourself to be heroic beyond what people expect of you. What I don’t want is for him to step back in and look the same. That would defeat the purpose of our story.”

Morgan hasn't officially signed on to write the film, but he will be involved with it in some capacity.

“No matter what, I’ll be there every step of the way. Whether it’s penning this quickly or selecting the writer, it’s me guiding the process or being a real honest-to-god producer. I’m excited either way. I’m really, really stoked.”

The film is said to be a direct sequel to 1984's Conan the Barbarian and will ignore the events of both Conan the Destroyer and of the most recent reboot, 2011's Conan the Barbarian, which features "Game of Thrones" star Jason Momoa in the lead.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzenegger updates on The Legend of Conan

Word broke last fall that Universal Pictures is planning a return to the Hyborian Age with The Legend of Conan, bringing Arnold Schwarzenegger back as the Robert E. Howard Cimmerian warrior. Ain't It Cool News caught up with Schwarzenegger at a special screening of his latest, The Last Stand, and learned that the project is likely to shoot later this year and will potentially set up production in New Zealand.

"[Universal] finally came forward," Schwarzenegger explains, "and said, 'You're absolutely right. The previous regime has missed the boat here. We want to pick it up. We're going to buy the rights and we're going to be serious about it and make a quality film with an A-director and with A-writers and so on. And we want you to participate in this. We want you to star and you to play Conan. We're going to take a story where Conan is at that age so it's totally believable and you're not looking like a 30-year old action guy.'"

“The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,” producer Frederik Malmberg said in the original announcement. “It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.”

You can check out the full interview in the player below:

Last edited:

PPG

Πίπιτζι
Reaction score
Ένας από τους ΑΓΑΠΗΜΕΝΟΥΣ μου ήρωες σε ταινία από όταν ήμουν παιδάκι, ξανά γυρνάει και μάλιστα με τον ηθοποιό που τον πρώτο έπαιξε.
Τον Arnold Schwarzenegger !!! :622:

Δεν υπάρχουν καλύτερα νέα από αυτά...!!! :626:
Πω με εφτιαξες τωρα Arnold for ever!!!! Conan πολλοι Arnold μονο ενας!!!!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Fredrik Malmberg talk The Legend of Conan

The Legend of Conan is still in the planning stages right now, but if Arnold Schwarzenegger's enthusiasm is an indicator, the film might actually see the light of day. If the film does get the greenlight, producer Fredrik Malmberg revealed their dream is to have Peter Jackson's WETA workshop provide special effects (via TheArnoldFans.com).

“As you know right now, we’re concentrating on the story and the script, and then we’ll go out and find the right director who has the same passion as the rest of us in the group. And you always have to let the creative side and let the director put his stamp and mark on it so you never know what’s going to happen with the production design. I mean, we’re trying to get the TOP production people involved. We’re talking all the time about who we’d see doing the production, and our dream would be to have the WETA Workshop guys, the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit guys. They are huge Conan fans and they would be great to be involved on the creative side."

As of this writing, Arnold Schwarzenegger is 65 years old, but that's not stopping him from wanting to do this movie. He says he feels like he did when the original Conan was made.

“Well, age doesn’t mean anything to me, because I work out every day. I work out twice a day, as a matter of fact. At night I work out with weights, and in the morning I do cardiovascular training. So for me, to get on the set and to swing the sword around again and to ride the horses and all those things doesn’t mean anything [does not scare me], because I feel like I did thirty years ago. So as long as I stay in shape, that’s the key thing, and to keep your body young. Even though you do feel the pain when you wipe out and when you do your fight scenes and you get more sore and the body doesn’t come back as quickly and all this . . . but just grind through it, you know? That’s what it’s all about!

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
What's the status of The Legend of Conan?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is already back in the acting game after his long political career. He's already starred in The Last Stand earlier this year and will appear with Sylvester Stallone in Escape Plan this October. The one film we continue to hear about that he wants to make is a sequel to the original Conan the Barbarian titled The Legend of Conan, an appropriate film for the actor given that he's celebrating his 66th birthday today. TheArnoldFans.com spoke with Fredrik Malmberg, the CEO of Paradox Entertainment (the rights holders for "Conan"), and got a few more details about the film.

"The idea is that this takes place AFTER Conan has been king," Malmberg said, "But this is the legend of Conan where he has been gone and people say, 'do you remember the good ol' days when Conan was around?' And now it's time for him to come back. In the stories and you can also see it when he's sitting on the thrown and the narration on that last scene of the movie..."with a troubled brow" ...you can tell he's not really happy being king. So, it's time for him to go out and do battle."

The site then asked Malmberg if the sequel, currently in development with the writers of The Fast and the Furious franchise, would go the route of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and bring on a "young, hip" son for Conan.

"The idea for this particular film is that he will be the lead, a lot of people ask if we're going to introduce a son of Conan and passing the torch? The idea is to not. No, this is Conan's movie. This is Arnold's movie!"

Malmberg also said the studio is mulling over the possibility of shooting the film in 3D and this story shall also be told. Schwarzenegger is also set to appear in the upcoming horror film Maggie and may be back in the Terminator reboot.

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The Legend of Conan producers hoping for Spring 2015 start

One project we continue to hear rumblings about online is The Legend of Conan, a direct sequel to 1984's Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger once again playing the character, though in the twilight of his years. Last we heard, writer Andrea Berloff had been hired to pen the script for the film, but now, in an interview with The Arnold Fans, producer Fredrik Malmberg says a script polish will be delivered shortly and they're hoping to start production in Spring 2015.

"We'll probably have this turned in around September after the holiday," Malmberg said. "And then we'll take it to the studio and if they're happy, we can hopefully start (production) in the Spring (2015)."

Malmberg went on to say that though they hadn't chosen a director for the project just yet, a number of candidates have come forward expressing interest, ranging from "old great names" to "new fresh faces," as he puts it. He also revealed that they would like for The Legend of Conan to be Schwarzenegger's next film following the upcoming Terminator reboot.

"Arnold wants that. I would like that and I know everyone from the studio side would like that but it's all in the script. We need to get the script where it's right and ready to go. In the movie world, nowadays, when a movie is a go movie, it happens very quickly. It's up to Universal to set the date for it to be released but personally, I don't think it has to be a summer movie. I think there's plenty of examples of big event movies being released in the winter like the Matrix movies and The Lord of the Rings. I can see this being a winter movie as well as a summer movie. This iconic role of Arnold as Conan is so big that it can be year round."

Universal Pictures were previously aiming for a 2014 release for the film, though we would expect the film to land in theaters in 2016 at the earliest.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Will The Legend of Conan lead to a new cinematic universe?

It’s been more than three decades since Arnold Schwarzenegger headlined director John Milius’ Conan the Barbarian, launching a cinematic take on the Hyborian Age that continued in 1984’s Conan the Destroyer and 1985’s Red Sonja. Now, with cameras nearly ready to roll on The Legend of Conan and Schwarzenegger set to reprise the iconic role, it’s sounding like a cinematic universe based on Howard’s characters isn’t far off. Deadline today reports that Legend of Conan producer Frederik Malmberg, who also produced the 2011 reboot starring Jason Momoa, has acquired the rights to Howard’s entire catalogue of characters, paying $7.5 million to take control of Paradox Entertainment.

“These days,” Malmberg tells the outlet, “it comes down to brands and characters and we are looking at long term possibilities. We look at how Marvel played out with its rich based of characters, and this too is a universe that lends itself to exploitation in TV and film. There aren’t many libraries like this.”

Among the hundreds of characters included in the deal are Kull the Conqueror and Solomon Kane, both of whom have been the focus of theatrical films in the past. It gets a bit more complicated when it comes to the Red Sonja rights, however. Although the character was loosely based on a Howard creation, Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith are credited with creating the Sonja we know today, having debuted the warrior in a 1973 issue of Marvel Comics’ “Conan the Barbarian” series. Following a legal dispute that broke out nearly a decade ago, the rights to Sonja were awarded to an LLC separate from Paradox. Since then, however, Paradox and the Red Sonja LLC have been working in cooperation to keep current Sonja stories set in the Hyborian Age. It’s quite likely that a similar deal could be worked out for the big screen, although no plans have been confirmed at this time.

Legend of Conan, meanwhile, is moving forward at Universal Pictures with a screenplay by Chris Morgan and Andrea Berloff. Morgan recently confirmed to The Arnold Fans that “at least three” other characters from the original films are included in the screenplay for the new adventure.

“We’re very lucky that the architects of this new film — the writer, the producers, the studio and most of all, Arnold — who is Conan — are all first-generation fans who either worked on the film or who came along for the ride, cheering from their theater seats opening night,” he says. “We plan nothing more than to immerse ourselves in the world Milius envisioned from Robert E. Howard’s unforgettable stories and Frank Frazetta’s stunning artwork… [W]e are honoring the locales, the religions and the traditions of the ’82 film.”

“It’s 30 years after the original film,” says Malmberg, likening the overall tone of the sequel to Clint Eastwood’s Unforgiven, “and [Conan]’s facing his mortality and how a legend deals with the fact he’s older, and how does he want to go out.”

Malmberg’s Paradox acquisition also includes the rights to some non-Howard properties, such as the ’90s role playing game Mutant Chronicles.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Will Beall talks Legend of Conan opening

Beall wrote the script for the upcoming The Legend of Conan, a sequel to 1982’s Conan the Barbarian (ignoring the 2011 reboot that coincidentally starred Momoa as the titular Cimmerian). Beall revealed that the film will, in fact, begin with the image of King Conan sitting on his throne as seen in the closing minutes of the original.

“It opens there,” Beall said. “It opens with this [hand on the chin]. It’s where you have to. It’s the sequel that we were promised and never got. I’m 11 when my father took me to see Conan the Barbarian which you should never take an 11-year-old kid to. It was a life changing thing. It’s an unbelievable movie. It comes back to [director John] Milius, right? There’s nobody better and it’s a real movie. It’s a truthful movie. Chris and I from the very beginning said there’s no reason to do it unless it’s a worthy sequel to Milius’s Conan and I think we’ve got that. I really do.”

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
TasosXalandri