WHat piece do you recomend for me? I have a small setup (imac, converter, adam a7x, and a few keyboards) My building is old there is nothing i can do.
I've sent a few questions to APC regarding the R-Line conditioner,
thought it might be of any use for people looking for more info
on it, so here it is:
1. Why is it not recommended to use appliances utilizing AC motors with
this conditioner? Does it have something to do with it generating extra
harmonics in the AC wave shape (distorting it)?
2. Does the product use MOVs for shunting excess voltage (surges)?
3. If so, what happens when the MOVs life ends and my equipment is
no longer surge protected? Do I get to know it?
4. What is the expected life (in years) of surge protection in this product?
As per your query on LE1200I, please see the answers to your query below.
1) The voltage regulator acts as a step up and step down transformer,
so basically it automatically steps up low voltage and steps down high voltage
to levels that are suitable for your equipment. As you have correctly pointed out,
that it can generate extra harmonics in the AC wave shape causing distortion.
2) We do use MOVs for protection.
3) You will receive a standard 2 years warranty, so your product will be protected
with us for the first 2 years of purchasing this unit.