αποφθέγματα διασήμων & σχολιασμοί αυτών

K

kimon

Λουλούδια της Ανοίξεως, ζαμπάκια του Μαΐου
σεις είσθε που με ρίξατε στα βάσανα του βίου.
Αγνώστου

Reaction score
Από τον αντικομφορμιστή...but brilliant Stanley Kubrick...
"The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small nations like prostitutes".

Reaction score
| Νίκος Καζαντζάκης | 18 Φεβρουαρίου 1883 - 26 Οκτωβρίου 1957 |

- Γιατί δε μιλούμε; είπα θέλοντας να ξεσκίσω τη σιωπή που άρχισε να με βαραίνει.

- Μιλούμε, αποκρίθηκε ο φίλος μου αγγίζοντας αλαφριά τον ώμο μου, μιλούμε, μα τη γλώσσα των αγγέλων• τη σιωπή.

Decembered

Μαϊμού
Reaction score
κατι εψαχνα...αλλα δε...
1. “Where words fail, music speaks.” — Hans Christian Andersen
2. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” — Kahlil Gibran
3. “Where words leave off, music begins.” — Heinrich Heine
4. “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer Lytton
5. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't.” ― Johnny Depp
6. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ― Confucius
7. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
8. “I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.” ― Tom Waits
9. “Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
10. “Beethoven tells you what it's like to be Beethoven and Mozart tells you what it's like to be human. Bach tells you what it's like to be the universe.” ― Douglas Adams
11. “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach
12. “Music is healing. Music holds things together.” ― Prince
13. “There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard.” — Sun Tzu
14. “Music can change the world.” — Ludwig van Beethoven
15. “The true beauty of music is that it connects people. It carries a message, and we, the musicians, are the messengers.” — Roy Ayers
16. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” — Bruce Springsteen
17. “He took his pain and turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that's what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.” ― Hannah Harrington, Saving June
18. “Music is the strongest form of magic.” ― Marilyn Manson
19. “There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music.” ― George Eliot
20. “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
21. “The wise musicians are those who play what they can master.” — Duke Ellington
22. “If you’ve lost your faith in love and music, then the end won’t be long.” — Pete Doherty
23. “I've found that no matter what life throws at me, music softens the blow.” ― Bryce W. Anderson
24. “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria von Trapp
25. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.” ― Henry David Thoreau
26. “Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory.” — Oscar Wilde
27. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
28. “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” — Robert Fripp
29. “Love is friendship set to music.” — Jackson Pollock
30. “Musicians want to be the loud voice for so many quiet hearts.” — Billy Joel
31. “Music is an outburst of the soul.” ― Frederick Delius
32. “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” ― Colbie Caillat
33. “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” — Unknown
34. “For me, there is something primitively soothing about this music, and it went straight to my nervous system, making me feel ten feet tall.” ― Eric Clapton
35. “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” ― Pablo Casals
36. “Can a mere song change a people's minds? I doubt that it is so. But a song can infiltrate your heart and the heart may change your mind.” ― Elvis Costello
37. “Music is life itself.” — Louis Armstrong
38. “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” — Jane Swan
39. “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter
40. “Once again, she was free. Once again, she found peace. It was music that freed her soul from the dungeon of her mind.” ― Wiss Auguste, The Illusions of Hope
41. “I’ve always said music should make you laugh, make you cry or make you think.” — Kenny Rogers
42. “Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.” ― John Erskine
43. “Life is one grand, sweet song so start the music.” — Ronald Reagan
44. “Music can heal the wounds which medicine cannot touch.” ― Debasish Mridha
45. “If Music is a Place – then Jazz is the City, Folk is the Wilderness, Rock is the Road, Classical is a Temple.” — Vera Nazarin
46. “Music replays the past memories, awaken our forgotten worlds and make our minds travel.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
47. “Without music, life would be a blank to me.” — Jane Austen, Emma
48. “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
49. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” — Harlan Howard
50. “I’ve always thought people would find a lot more pleasure in their routines if they burst into song at significant moments.” — John Barrowman
51. “Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.” — Thomas Fuller
52. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” — Bob Marley
53. “Music kept me off the streets and out of trouble and gave me something that was mine that no one could take away from me.” — Eddie Van Halen
54. “Music is the soundtrack of your life.” — Dick Clark
55. “The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” — H. Auden
56. “Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn.” — Charlie Parker
57. “Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.” ― Robert G. Ingersoll
58. “Music is the only thing I’ve ever known that doesn’t have any rules at all.” — Josh Homme
59. “The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with – nothing brings it all to life like an old mix tape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mix tape tells a story. Put them together, and they can add up to the story of a life.” — Rob Sheffield, Love Is a Mix Tape
60. “Music is love in search of a word.” — Sidney Lanier
61. “Music cleanses the understanding; inspires it, and lifts it into a realm which it would not reach if it were left to itself.” — Henry Ward Beecher
62. “The easiest way to avoid wrong notes is to never open your mouth and sing. What a mistake that would be.” — Pete Seeger
63. “Music… can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable.” — Leonard Bernstein
64. “The only truth is music.” — Jack Kerouac
65. “Music is the shorthand of emotion.” — Leo Tolstoy
66. “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” — Emory Austin
67. “Music gives color to the air of the moment.” — Karl Lagerfeld
68. “Some people have lives; some people have music.” — John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson
69. “Even if you can’t sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.” — Rebbe Nachman
70. “Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music.” — Marcel Marceau
71. “A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.” — Leopold Stokowski
72. “Music is what tells us that the human race is greater than we realize.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
73. “He who sings frightens away his ills.” — Miguel de Cervantes
74. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” — Berthold Auerbach
75. “When we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present.” — Alan Watts
76. “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.” — Victor Hugo
77. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” — Plato
78. “Music has a poetry of its own, and that poetry is called melody.” — Joshua Logan
79. “There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats.” — Albert Schweitzer
80. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” — Keith Richards, According to the Rolling Stones
81. “The world’s most famous and popular language is music.” — PSY
82. “Music is feeling. You can try to verbalize it. It really just hits you or it doesn’t.” — Gene Simmons
83. “My ambition was to live like music.” — Mary Gaitskill
84. “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” — Albert Einstein
85. “To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.” — Aaron Copland
86. “Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
87. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” — Elton John
88. “Jazz is not just music, it’s a way of life, it’s a way of being, a way of thinking.” — Nina Simone
89. “I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” — Igor Stravinsky
90. “Music is the tool to express life—and all that makes a difference.” — Herbie Hancock
91. “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” —Aldous Huxley, Music at Night and Other Essays
92. “Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man.” — Frédéric Chopin

Decembered

Μαϊμού
Reaction score
93. “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” — Paul Simon
94. “If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing.” — J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
95. “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on.” — John Keats
96. “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” — Jason Mraz
97. “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” — Charles Darwin
98. “If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.” — Gustav Mahler
99. “Music is the emotional life of most people.” — Leonard Cohen
100. “Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is mystery, in the end, there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” —Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

Reaction score
93. “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” — Paul Simon
94. “If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing.” — J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
95. “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on.” — John Keats
96. “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” — Jason Mraz
97. “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” — Charles Darwin
98. “If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.” — Gustav Mahler
99. “Music is the emotional life of most people.” — Leonard Cohen
100. “Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is mystery, in the end, there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” —Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
101. Music is your only friend, until the end.
Lizzard king

Μέλη online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
geo kok