Alien 5 (TBA)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Είναι πλέον και επίσημο...!!! Μόλις ανακοινώθηκε πως θα γυριστεί νέα ταινία του Alien franchise ως sequel !!!!!!

Ο σκηνοθέτης Neil Blompkamp είναι γνωστός για την αγάπη που τρέφει για τον χώρο της επιστημονικής φαντασίας, καθώς έχει συνδεθεί με τα πετυχημένα District 9 και Elysium, ενώ επιπλέον αναμένεται το νέο του φιλμ Chappie, στο οποίο πρωταγωνιστεί ένα ρομπότ… με ανθρώπινα συναισθήματα! Αυτή τη στιγμή, ο Neil Blompkamp δικαιολογημένα συγκαταλέγεται στα ανερχόμενα αστέρια του Hollywood, για αυτό και δεν θα πρέπει να μας προξενεί εντύπωση ότι η επόμενη ταινία που θα φέρει τη σκηνοθετική σφραγίδα του θα είναι το νέο Alien, ενώ σίγουρο είναι πως στον πρωταγωνιστικό ρόλο για ακόμα μια φορά θα δούμε την Signourney Weaver ως Ellen Ripley!
Η νεα αυτή ταινία θα παραβλέπει τις ταινίες Alien 3 και Alien: Ressurection σαν να μην υπήρξαν ποτέ και το story θα συνεχίζεται αμέσως μετά τα γεγονότα του Aliens του James Cameron...!
Στον ρόλο τους θα επιστρέψουν επίσης και όλο το υπόλοιπο καστ για την καινούργια αυτή ταινία όπως ο Michael Biehn (Corporal Hicks), η Carrie Henn (Newt) καθώς και ο Lance Henriksen (Bishop), καιθώς αυτοί οι 4 ήταν οι τελευταίοι επιζώντες στο τέλος του Aliens. Υπάρχουν καλύτερα νέα από αυτά...???

Release Date: TBA (To Be Announced)

It’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take or if Signourney Weaver will be returning to the franchise.

Cast: Signourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Carrie Henn, Lance Henriksen

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Neill Blomkamp
Screenwriter: Neill Blomkamp
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Suspense

Official Website: Not Available

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp is officially taking on an Alien sequel!

District 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp made headlines last month when he posted a series of concept art designs for a new film in the 20th Century Fox’s Alien franchise. Although the filmmaker admitted that the designs were unofficial, he hinted that he’d be more than happy to take on such a project. Today, Blomkamp posted a new image with a message that should make Alien franchise fans pretty happy!

“So I think it’s officially my next film,” he writes!

At this point it’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take or if Signourney Weaver (whose Ellen Ripley was featured in the concept designs) will be returning to the franchise.

“[Sigourney] knows about it,” Blomkamp told ComingSoon.net last week, “and part of it was just inspired by speaking to her on set when we were filming ‘Chappie,’ and getting her thoughts on ‘Alien’ and what she thought of the movies that came after ‘Aliens’ and what she felt about Ripley and what was incomplete for her about Ripley. There was so much fuel in what she was telling me.”

You can read more about Blomkamp’s thoughts on the new project right here and check back for further information as soon as it becomes available!

UPDATE: 20th Century Fox has since confirmed the news, clarifying that this is, indeed, a sequel to the original Alien franchise and not the Prometheus 2 currently set for release March 4, 2016.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Και παρακάτω σας παραθέτω τις επίμαχες φωτογραφίες (Art Work για την ακρίβεια) για τις οποίες "αναγκάστηκε" ολόκληρη 20th Century Fox μέσα σε 2 μήνες να πάρει την απόφαση να προσλάβει τον Neill Blomkamp και να φτιάξει καινούργια ταινία του Alien franchise. All hail Neill Blomkamp...!!! ;)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Όσο περνάνε οι μέρες, τόσο και καλύτερα νέα καταφθάνουν καθημερινά !!!!!!

Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel will give Ripley ‘a proper ending

Fans of 20th Century Fox’s Alien franchise got some pretty exciting news last week when District 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp confirmed that he’s going to direct a fifth Alien feature film with Sigourney Weaver planning to reprise her role as Ellen Ripley. Today, Sky Movies caught up with both talents and learned a few more details about their plans, which Weaver says will give Ripley “A proper ending.” Blomkamp hints, though, that the new film may ignore the continuity of both Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

“I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of ‘Alien,'” says the director. “So it’s ‘Alien,’ ‘Aliens’ and then this movie.”

Coupled with the fact that Michael Biehn’s Corporal Dwayne Hicks appeared in the previously-released concept art (check it out in the gallery viewer below), it’s beginning to look like Blomkamp’s plans for the new film will rewrite the canon of the franchise. That’s not entirely dissimilar to what happened with Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns, which essentially ignored the events of Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. In the case of the Alien franchise, however, there are a few additional stumbling blocks when it comes to major narrative events. After all, Ripley dies in the third film and returns as a clone in the fourth. Additionally, there’s a three-decade age gap between the Ripley of Aliens and the hypothetical Ripley of the new film if we are to assume this new chapter continues directly after the events of the 1986 film. Only time will tell whether or not Blomkamp has some continuity tricks up his sleeve!

Μακάρι τελικά να επικρατήσει η ιδέα για το σενάριο που αναφέρεται πιο πάνω, και έτσι να θεωρήσουμε πως το Alien 3 και το Alien: Ressurection "δεν υφίστανται", και να συνεχίσει το καινούργιο Alien από εκεί που μας άφησε το Aliens. Δηλαδή στο U.S.S Sulaco με τους πρωταγωνιστές μας σε υπερ-ύπνωση, και επιζήσαντες την Ripley, τον Hicks, τον Bishop (τον μισό), και την Newt !!!!!!
Ευχής έργο πραγματικά !!!!!! ;)
Γι'αυτό και η επικεφαλίδα λέει για όσο περνάνε οι μέρες τόσο και καλύτερα νέα μαθαίνουμε...

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp suggests Alien 5 will not rewrite franchise continuity

Continuity fans can breathe a sigh of relief today as Chappie helmer Neill Blomkamp today clarifies to French film site AlloCine that his plans for the next Alien film do not mean that he’ll be dismissing the events of the second half of the sci-fi horror franchise.

“I’m not trying to undo ‘Alien 3′ or ‘Alien Resurrection,'” he tells the outlet. “…My favorites are the first two movies. I want to make a film that’s connected to ‘Alien’ and ‘Aliens.’ That’s my goal.”

Blomkamp’s comments come on the heels of a report yesterday that led many to speculate that the new film would rewrite the events of the latter sequels. We’re still not entirely sure how Blomkamp’s planned take fits into the chronology as his concept art (check it out in the gallery viewer below) seems to suggest that the film will feature Michael Biehn’s Aliens character of Corporal Dwayne Hicks. Could the new film take place between Aliens and Alien 3, or does the District 9 director (and Alien franchise superfan) have some other tricks up his sleeve? Only time will tell, but check back for updates as they become available.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp says Alien 5 will not interfere with plans for Prometheus 2

Traditionally there have been long gaps between Alien sequels, but xenomorph fans are in hog heaven right now with the idea that both Neill Blomkamp’s untitled Alien 5 and Ridley Scott’s Prometheus 2 are being concurrently developed. In a new interview with Empire, Blomkamp let it be known that his sequel will not, in his own words, “tread on the toes” of Scott’s pseudo-prequel.

“I changed the one thing [Scott] felt was bumping ‘Prometheus’ a little bit,” reveals Blomkamp. “One thing that makes me feel good about it is that Ridley is producing it. He likes the idea of what I want to make.”

Although Blomkamp makes it very clear that “the first two films are the ones that I care about,” as he has said in recent weeks, he jokes that his film could be called “Alien 3 (no, really)” while maintaining his poker face over what the actual title is.

“I sent what I wanted as the title to Ridley,” says Blomkamp. “It’s kinda quite bold, and he was like, ‘I really like that.’ So I’m gonna test it, I don’t think it’s gonna work, though. I have my own idea but it gives away too much if I say the title. But in the event that it doesn’t work, I’m dead in the water…”

Finally, Blomkamp’s wife and frequent collaborator Terri Tatchell revealed what finally tipped him to ultimately choose this film as his next project.

“He’s hemming and hawing, going back-and-forth,” Tatchell says of his indecision. “Finally I said, ‘Look, look at what you make me drink my orange juice out of every morning,’ and I pulled out of the cupboard, we have these set of glasses that have these brutal scenes from the movies. I said, ‘You make your daughter drink out of these cups! This is a sign.'”

“No bullsh*t, that made me realize there is a massive portion of my brain taken up by the xenomorph,” Blomkamp said. “I was like, ‘Hmm, that’s a valid point.'”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp’s Alien movie reveals new concept art

District 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp has provided a small update, as well as a new concept art design, for his new Alien movie in 20th Century Fox’s franchise featuring Sigourney Weaver’s Ripley and Michael Biehn’s Hicks. Check it out below!

Blomkamp posted the image on Instagram along with a tag reading: “#alien going very well. Love this project.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Alien 5 update: Is Prometheus 2 holding Neill Blomkamp up?

Although District 9 and Chappie helmer Neill Blomkamp has been slowly dribbling concept art designs for his new untitled Alien sequel on the web as recently as last month, Alien 5 may have a built-in decelerator in the form of its producer Ridley Scott, who, according to Bloody Disgusting‘s inside source, is insisting that 20th Century Fox prioritize his planned Prometheus 2 to go before cameras prior to Blomkamp’s film.

“’Alien 5′ is still very much in the works, as Fox remains hot on the idea,” says the source. “Blomkamp continues to work on the script (only an outline existed previously) and refine the tale he is telling. Ridley Scott is still producing, but has insisted on ‘Prometheus 2′ being made first.”

This extra time may push Alien 5 back at least a year, although it will allow Blomkamp an extended prep period to fine-tune designs and the script, which is always a good thing. It may also alleviate concerns about Sigourney Weaver’s commitment to James Cameron’s trio of Avatar sequels, which may have interfered with her plan to reprise Ripley once again.

At this point, it’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take, but the continued use of Weaver and Michael Biehn’s likenesses (as featured in the previously-revealed concept designs) seems to indicate a likely return to the franchise for the pair. According to another report, Biehn himself has talked to Blomkamp about Alien 5 but has yet to receive a script or an offer for the sequel.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Alien 5 adding another returning cast member: The M41A pulse rifle!

“I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A Pulse Rifle. Ten millimeter, with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.” -Michael Biehn as Cpl. Hicks in Aliens (1986)

Neill Blomkamp (via his Instagram) has provided us with yet another sneak peek at what’s in store for us with his currently-untitled Alien 5, and it heralds the return of a beloved cast member from James Cameron’s Aliens: the M41A Pulse Rifle. Check out the instagram posting below!

As you can see, the original classic design has only been slightly modified with RIS to include a laser aiming module and a telescopic sight. The weapon of choice for colonial marines on a serious bug hunt, the Pulse Rifle was used by Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn as they shot their way to survival at the Hadley’s Hope terraforming colony. A “delta” version of the rifle also made a cameo appearance being brandished by the Weyland-Yutani commandoes at the end of Alien 3, as well as in several video games including SEGA’s recent Aliens: Colonial Marines.

At this point, it’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take, but the continued use of Weaver and Biehn’s likenesses (as featured in the previously-revealed concept designs) seems to indicate a likely return to the franchise for the pair as Ripley and Hicks.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is on hold

As has been previously speculated, 20th Century Fox‘s plans for Neill Blomkamp‘s proposed big screen foray into their Alien universe appear to be on hold. In fact, “holding” and “pending” are the terms Neill Blomkamp himself used in a Tweet the filmmaker published earlier tonight:

Ridley Scott’s recently-announced Alien: Paradise Lost is the Prometheus sequel to which Neill Blomkamp refers. That film is about to begin production in Australia for a December 31, 2017 release. Scott has previously suggested that it may be followed by additional sequels which could theoretically threaten to delay Neill Blomkamp’s Alien project indefinitely.

Unfortunately, there’s no guarantee that Neill Blomkamp’s project will ever come to fruition, although Blomkamp himself does not seem to have given up hope. There’s also the potential return of Sigourney Weaver to consider as Blomkamp has continually suggested that Ellen Ripley is an important character in the story of his film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Neill Blomkamp’s delayed Alien 5 would focus on an older Newt

Last month, it was revealed that 20th Century Fox‘s plans for Neill Blomkamp‘s proposed big screen foray into their Alien universe were in a holding pattern pending the release of Ridley Scott’s prequel Alien: Covenant, which will soon begin production in Australia for an October 6, 2017 release. Now Michael Biehn, who famously portrayed colonial marine Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in the 1986 classic Aliens, has spilled the beans (Biehns?) to Icons of Fright about the sequel, which could potentially see his and Sigourney Weaver’s long-awaited return, as well as another big character from the franchise.

“They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back, and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old,” Biehn confirmed. “I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt.”

Child actress Carrie Henn originally played Rebecca “Newt” Jorden, the sole survivor of the colony on LV-426. Henn retired from acting after playing the role, going on to a career as a teacher, and the character was unceremoniously killed off (and dissected) at the tippy-top of David Fincher’s Alien 3. Fans who disliked seeing the beloved character offed before she and her surrogate family of Ripley and Hicks could have more adventures will be pleased to note that the events of 1992’s Alien 3 and 1997’s Alien: Resurrection will be summarily ignored in Blomkamp’s untitled Alien sequel.

“The basic idea is acting like Alien 3 and 4 never existed, so if you go on Neill Blomkamp’s site everyone can see all of the artwork for that,” continued Biehn.

Scott has previously suggested that Alien: Covenant may be followed by additional sequels which could theoretically threaten to delay Neill Blomkamp’s Alien project indefinitely. With no guarantee it will ever come to fruition, Biehn remains hopeful and suggests that it would be in everyone’s best interest to have Alien 5 see the light of day.

“I know Ridley Scott is doing his movie first and is going to be the executive producer on this one, so I’m really looking forward to that,” Biehn says. “I know that Ridley’s focus is on the second ‘Prometheus’ and I’m sure that he and Fox both don’t want that and Neill’s movie to come out right next to each other, because they’re kind of two different worlds, with ‘Aliens’ taking place thousands of years later, which is how they explained it all to me, but at the same time, they want to give them a similar feel. I know they’re putting the brakes on Neill’s movie just for a little while, but I really think that it would be embarrassing to Ridley and Fox and Sigourney if they just didn’t make the movie.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New Alien 5 concept art debuts, Sigourney Weaver offers update on film

The last we heard about Neill Blomkamp’s upcoming Alien 5 was the project had been put in stasis until after Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien: Covenant. In addition, Michael Biehn revealed that the film would see the character Newt from Aliens return as a 27-year old, a role he said actresses would be fighting over.

Now, Blomkamp has taken to Instagram to reveal some new Alien 5 concept art, and this time it features the older Newt. You can check it out below!

Speaking of Alien 5, Sigourney Weaver made a public appearance recently (via Aggressive Comix) where she was asked about the film, and said:

“Ridley asked Neill not to make our Alien til after Prometheus 2. He (Ridley) wanted his movie to shoot and be released first. But it’s an amazing script, and Neill and I are really excited about doing it. We’re doing other things until we can get going on that. I’d be really surprised if we didn’t do it, because it’s such a great script, and we love working together. So, it’s just going to take a little bit longer to get out to you, but it’ll be worth the wait.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Sigourney Weaver talks Blomkamp’s Alien, Reveals it gives Ripley ‘An Ending’

Though Ridley Scott is currently filming his Prometheus follow-up, Alien: Covenant, there’s still a future for the franchise as director Neill Blomkamp’s planned fifth film in the series is still in the cards. Speaking with EW, franchise star Sigourney Weaver revealed some new details about the film, saying:

““It’s a great story and it’s satisfying to me to give this woman an ending…The script itself has so much in it that’s so original, but also really satisfies the, I would say, the primal needs of the aliens. It’s a tribute to all of the great work that the other directors have done, in a way, but goes in a completely new direction. I hope we’ll do it.”

Weaver also clarifies the film’s divergent path from Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

“It’s just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill’s movie,” Weaver says. “It’s just more, I would say, following Jim Cameron’s story about these characters, rather than just ending up in this sort of monastery in space, which was [Alien3 screenwriter] Vincent Ward’s idea and Fox elected to go in that direction. I think Fincher was fine with that. Each director kind of wanted to create a whole new set of circumstances. In this case, it picks up, it follows directly the circumstances of Jim Cameron’s Aliens.”

Blomkamp and Weaver have currently moved to other projects for the time being, but she remains hopeful the film will be made soon.

“I hope it won’t be a few (years). I hope it’ll be a couple. But we’ll see.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Δυστηχώς, πολύ άσχημα νέα...... :(

Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is dead, says Ridley Scott

In late 2015, it was revealed that 20th Century Fox‘s plans for Neill Blomkamp‘s proposed Alien 5 were in a holding pattern pending the release of Ridley Scott’s prequel Alien: Covenant. Now that we’re weeks away from Covenant‘s May 19 bow in theaters, Scott has been asked by Allocine about Blomkamp’s fivequel and he suggests it’s no longer an active project at all.

“There was never a script,” Scott stated bluntly. “It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be part of the producers on that. It didn’t evolve. Fox decided that they didn’t want to do it and that was it. I’d already done ‘Prometheus’ and I was planning ‘Covenant’ so I dunno.”

When pressed to say if he thinks the sequel would ever happen, Scott said, “I don’t think so, no.”

So there it is. At the time, Blomkamp had been very public in sharing art and ideas about the sequel, and fans were excited. Rather than coming out right away with the fact that the project had floundered, Fox and Blomkamp went with the more PR-friendly “holding pattern” claim, but the truth seems to be that Blomkamp’s vision for Alien 5 no longer seemed viable.

In late 2015, Michael Biehn (who famously portrayed colonial marine Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in the 1986 classic Aliens) told Icons of Fright that the sequel would have potentially seen his and Sigourney Weaver’s long-awaited return, as well as Newt.

“They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back, and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old,” Biehn confirmed. “I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt.”

Child actress Carrie Henn originally played Rebecca “Newt” Jorden, the sole survivor of the colony on LV-426. Henn retired from acting after playing the role, going on to a career as a teacher, and both Newt and Hicks were unceremoniously killed off at the tippy-top of David Fincher’s Alien 3. Blomkamp’s plan was also to ignore the events of 1992’s Alien 3 and 1997’s Alien: Resurrection for the now-scrapped untitled Alien sequel.

Are you mad that Neil Blomkamp’s proposed Alien 5 is now dead in the water? Or are you happy Fox is leaving the original four-film Alien cycle be? Let us know in the comments below!

Γνώμη μου: Καλύτερα να είχε δώσει ο πολυαγαπημένος μου Ridley Scott να ηνία στον Neil Blomkamp να φτιάξει ΑΥΤΗΝ ΕΔΩ την ταινία, παρά να φτιάξει το Alien: Covenant που είδαμε πρόσφατα (παρόλο που μου άρεσε) και τις επόμενες ταινίες που σχεδιάζει ως συνέχεια του Covenant. Πιστεύω πως ο Ridley Scott "έφαγε" τον Neil Blomkamp για την ταινία αυτή, καθώς ο Scott θεωρεί το Alien (και δικαιωματικά του είναι) δικό του "παιδί", και δεν ήθελε κάποιος άλλος να ασχοληθεί με το Alien παρά μόνο αυτός...
Κρίμα γιατί πραγματικά το όλο concept της ταινίας αυτής ήταν πολά υποσχόμενο και η ιδέα του να "ακυρώσουν" σαν να μην υπήρξαν ποτέ στο timeline, τις ταινίες Alien 3 και Alien: Resurrection και να συνεχίσουν από εκεί που τελείωσε το Aliens με όλο το καστ που είχε επιζήσει στην συγκεκριμένη στιγμη της ταινίας (Ripley, Corporal Hicks, Newt, Bishop) εμένα με έβρισκε απόλυτα ικανοποιημένο για να μην πω εκστασιασμένο, μιας και κατά γενική ομολογία τα Alien 3 και Alien: Resurrection δεν ήταν και τα πιο αγαπητά από τους fan του franchise (εμένα πείτε με μαλάκα μου άρεσαν και αυτά)...!

Sir Ridley Scott, not a good move on your behalf...... :(

Πείτε και εσείς τις γνώμες σας, και το θέμα δεν θα κλειδώσει και θα παραμείνει ανοιχτό, γιατί "κάτι μου λέει" πως ΙΣΩΣ..., λεω ίσως να γίνει κάποια στιγμή ΚΑΙ αυτή ΕΔΩ η ταινία... ;) (ΜΑΚΑΡΙ ΘΕΕ ΜΟΥ)...

Ίδωμεν..........

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/why-alien-5-is-the-send-off-that-ripley-deserves-1.3077080

Last edited:

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • spylab
    Shalom
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος