Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Όταν ο Tony Stark προσπαθεί να επαναφέρει σε λειτουργία ένα αδρανές ειρηνευτικό πρόγραμμα, τα πράγματα στραβώνουν και οι σπουδαιότεροι ήρωες της γης, μεταξύ των οποίων οι Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans),Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), και Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), θα έχουν να αντιμετωπίσουν την μεγαλύτερη πρόκληση της ζωής τους, με το μέλλον του πλανήτη να διακυβεύεται. Καθώς ο μοχθηρός Ultron (James Spader) αναδύεται, θα πρέπει οι Avengers να τον αποτρέψουν από το να πραγματοποιήσει τα τρομερά του σχέδια. Έτσι, θα δημιουργηθούν εύθραυστες συμμαχίες και μια επική περιπέτεια που θα καλύψει όλη την υφήλιο.

Release Date: May 1, 2015

Marvel Studios presents "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader, Cobie Smulders, Thomas Kretschmann, Paul Bettany, Stellan Skarsgard

Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Joss Whedon
Screenwriter: Joss Whedon
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

Official Website: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie / https://www.facebook.com/avengers

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: The Avengers 2 (2015)

Whedon says Avengers 2 script should be done in a few months

We're still more than two years away from the release of Marvel's The Avengers 2, but don't think they're not hard at work on it already. Writer/director Joss Whedon told MTV he is already hammering away at the script.

"I've done the outline, I'm writing the script now and so the script should be done in a couple of months. I'm pretty excited about it, I have to say."

When asked what approach he's taking to the script, whether it's a bigger template than the previous film, Whedon offered these grim words:

"Don't go bigger, go deeper. The grand thing is that all of these people have met so you have that out of the way. Now you can spend your time just digging in and by digging in, I mean with a scalpel, to cause pain."

Whedon also spoke about the upcoming television series, Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D., which begins very soon ("We start shooting a week from Tuesday.") and he offered some insight into what the show will be like.

"You've got to bring a little bit of spectacle to it. It's gotta be bigger than your average cop show, but at the end of the day it's about the peripheral people, it's about the people on the edges of the grand adventures. The whole point of this show is that even with all these big things, the little things matter. So it's about people who don't have super powers. There will be some people with powers, there will be effects, the spectacle of Science Fiction story telling, but all played on a very human/small level."

And as we know, Whedon is functioning as a creative consultant exclusively for Marvel Studios and lending his talents to the other films (Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy) if they need it and it seems there hasn't been one that needs his attention more than others.

"It's been pretty equal, I read all the scripts and I give notes on everything. I'll look at cuts when they're ready to show me. I'll talk to diectors if they want to, I try to make myself useful without being intrusive, but I've gotten to sort of be a part of all of them and that's a dream job for a kid like me."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Kevin Feige Talks Marvel Phase Two

Marvel's "Phase Two" set of films will officially begin this year with Iron Man 3 on May 3 and it only gets bigger from there. Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige is the man behind it all and he knows all the little secrets for the upcoming films. In an interview with SFX Magazine, he spoke about the scale and genres of all their upcoming fillms and says that the word "Cosmic" isn't exactly how he'd describe the phase as a whole.

"The Thor film and the Guardians of the Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space. I think Iron Man 3 shows the other side of Phase 2, which is delving deeper into the characters. Throwing them on a much more personal journey. And Captain America will showcase… What’s exciting to me about Cap – sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it – is it’s tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black’s described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, ‘We want to do a ’40s World War Two movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.’ I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time.”

Of all the films that Marvel will be making over the next few years, the one we probably know the least about is Guardians of the Galaxy which Feige says will be a standalone film to a degree and isn't completely integral to The Avengers sequel as the other solo films are.

“It’s much more of a standalone film. It takes place in the same universe. And when we’ve been on the other side of that universe in other movies, you might see those characteristics in Guardians, but the Avengers are not involved with what’s happening out there at this time.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Marvel Phase Two preview clip online

If you're lucky enough to get your hands on the "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled" Blu-ray box set (on sale now), then you'll find a special surprise inside that teases the upcoming Phase Two slate of films.

For the rest of us, Marvel has put a sample of the Phase Two tease online which features a sample of some new footage from the upcoming Iron Man 3. Check it out below!

Last edited by a moderator:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Marvel studios Phase Two preview

[video=dailymotion;xyowwo]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyowwo_marvel-cinematic-universe-phase-two_shortfilms?search_algo=2#.UWsC87Uqx8E[/video]

On Tuesday, Marvel Studios released a short clip from the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled Blu-ray box set which previewed the upcoming Phase Two films. Fans who bought the set and followed the clues to BattleofNewYork.net and entered their code, however, got a first look at concept art and behind-the-scenes images, which you can now check out below (thanks to IGN).

A full version of the Phase Two preview has also leaked and can be watched above. Included in the preview is your first look at The Falcon, Phase Three's Ant-Man, and much more.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon talks pressures of making The Avengers 2

Joss Whedon is hard at work on the script for The Avengers 2. Back in January, he said the script should be done in a few months and that we should expect "Death, death, and lots of death." The director spoke with Total Film (via CBM) about the pressures of making a sequel to the biggest super hero movie of all time.

“The only pressure is the pressure that is there every time I do a new project. Is it going to be good? It is going to be different? Is there even a reason to make another one? Is there a reason for this to be my next thing? Can I pull it off? I am not going to try and match the box office of the first one because that would be bonkers..."

When the audience for the film was brought up, that prompted this response from Whedon.

"Yes, there is a certain level of safety - because now people know about The Avengers and they like the characters so it probably won't completely crash and burn. But you don't want to just get by and do something that is merely OK. If I am going to dedicate three years of my short life to this then I want to do something that I have never done before. So I think of The Avengers 2 as a glorious challenge - it is a sequel, yes, but how can it be different? Of course, the pressure that I don't feel, my body internalises. It happens all the time. I was comfortable making the first Avengers, but I didn't sleep during it.

The Avengers 2 is set to begin production at the end of this year at Pinewood-Shepperton Studios with filming expected to begin in early 2014. The cast for the film is currently unconfirmed, but its very likely to again include Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon on writing The Avengers 2

From the red carpet of the MTV Movie Awards, writer and director Joss Whedon reveals he has already completed a first draft for his followup to the 2012 hit. Check out the interview segment below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon teases more Avengers 2 details

Yahoo! spoke with The Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon at the Iron Man 3 premiere last night and managed to get some good details about The Avengers 2 out of him.

"I have finished a draft and I'm redoing it now. I think it's in really good shape. We're in a very good place," he said.

When they asked him if he felt pressure to top the first film, he offered this response.

"I try not to think of it as topping it. I try to think of this as its own movie. Sometime yeah, I feel pressure and by the way, Shane (Black) not helping, Iron Man 3 not helping, because I saw this and man he really got it right. But when you're in the story and you're dealing with these characters that you love, that everybody loves, when you've got the new characters sliding in next to them it's very exciting. Then I don't feel pressure, it's like I'm reading my favorite comic."

New characters you say? Whedon offered a few more details about who these might be.

"I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."

The only brother-sister combo that we can think of is Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. While Whedon could just be having fun at the expense of the online community, it is likely that these characters could appear in the sequel as Marvel shares the rights with Fox.

Overall though, Whedon says he is having fun with the sequel.

"It's going really well, eventually someone will explain to me that it's not and pull me out of my bubble. I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun."

The subject of the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series also came up.

"Well there's no update in terms of they haven't said 'Go and make many of these for it shall be on the air.' We've finished the pilot, Agent Coulson is in it, and we will explain why in the pilot. It is wonderful and he is phenomenal in it. We should find out in the very near future whether or not everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as we already have."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon continues to tease The Avengers 2

Last week, Marvel's The Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon dropped some interesting details about the upcoming sequel to the film, including the addition of a brother/sister team. The director has now spoken with Desde Hollywood and has teased some more about what we can expect, but first he spoke about whether Robert Downey Jr. will return as Tony Stark.

"I am not the guy who has to worry about him being replaced. He is Iron Man at this point. When I heard that he was cast I knew that something had just changed, and I usually don't know stuff like that. I was like 'Now we are in a new phase.' The way he embodies it… I love working with him. He is so perfect for it, Shane captures it so perfectly in this movie.

"I want him to play it forever. The great thing is that he has a flying metal suit. So it's not like those Charles Bronson or Roger Moore movies where you're like 'Dude, you can barely stand.' He’s got some fight in him. At the same time, if Robert decides to hang it up, he has a perfectly good excuse."

When asked why The Avengers should worry about Thanos, Whedon teased this:

"Well, Thanos is more powerful. He is so powerful, he is not someone you can just trot out and punch him. Like he did in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. He is definitely a part of what I've got going on. The thing about the Avengers is that they are very powerful, but they're not very stable. So, there will definitely be some people that will shake them up in the next installment."

The site suggests that this could mean Thanos won't be defeated until a third "Avengers" film, but this is just speculation. Check out the full interview below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Further signs point to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Marvel's The Avengers 2

As hinted at in an interview with Joss Whedon last week, EW says that an unnamed source has confirmed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be assembling alongside Earth's mightiest heroes when Marvel's The Avengers 2 hits the big screen in 2015.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously revealed that rights allow for the mutant siblings to appear in both the Marvel cinematic universe and in 20th Century Fox's X-Men universe.

"We both have them," Feige told SuperHeroHype last summer. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers.'"

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon Confirms Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Talks Iron Man Returning

A rumor started a few weeks ago that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would be joining the team in the upcoming Avengers sequel. Further signs continued to point towards the characters' inclusion in the film and now writer/director Joss Whedon has confirmed the characters will appear in an interview with IGN. In the interview, he spoke about their involvement in the film.

"You know, they had a rough beginning. They’re interesting to me because they sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier. I’m not putting any characters in the movie that will make things easier.”

We've learned that Irish actress Saoirse Ronan is the "prototype" for their version of the Scarlet Witch, but no casting has taken place.

Whedon also spoke about how the ending to Iron Man 3 (spoiler ahead!) showed a potentially changed Tony, but he's still tied to The Avengers.

“Well, I feel like in Iron Man 3, even though he said, ‘I’ve changed' -- he blew up his remote suits, but I don’t think anybody thinks he doesn’t have one anymore. The question is, if The Avengers are called, does he show up? And the answer is, ‘Yes!’”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Saoirse Ronan talks Scarlet Witch casting rumors

Two weeks ago, SuperHeroHype broke the story that Marvel Studios are looking at Irish actress Saoirse Ronan as their "model" for the Scarlet Witch in the upcoming Avengers sequel. While this isn't a confirmation on the casting, it does point toward a general direction that the film could go with the characters. The Mary Sue spoke with the actress about the rumor and her interest in taking on the part.

"I have heard about it and yes, I would. Yeah, of course I would. I love Joss and I love those films, and I love his handle on them and how he portrayed these kinds of superheroes. I think it’s very different from what anyone else has done. So yeah, I’d love to be in it.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon talks Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in The Avengers 2

Joss Whedon was a guest on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" last night and Fallon tried to get a scoop out of the filmmaker about Marvel's The Avengers 2.

He asked whether there are new characters and Whedon replied, "There are new characters. I've already said that we're going to have a brother-sister team, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who were great mainstays of The Avengers when I was reading the comics as a kid."

Fallon said that he did not know the characters and then asked whether they had started casting them yet. Whedon said, "Not yet, we're doing that now."

Whedon said he is writing the sequel now and then was asked why he picked the two characters. He said, "well, besides the fact that I grew up reading them, their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was, everybody basically had punchy powers. 'I can hit,' 'I can also hit.' Hopefully it didn't get too boring. But coming into the second one, he's got super speed. She can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There’s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon talks Avengers 2 villain

There's a lot of secrecy around Marvel's sequel to The Avengers. A few things we do know are that Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch will appear in the film and, if the previous post-credits tease is to be believed, Thanos will be the villain. In an interview with Empire about the film, Whedon was asked about sequels focusing on the villains instead of the heroes which prompted his "loose-lips-sink-ships" reply where he doesn't name the villain.

"I'm very excited about the villain, and have a lot to say about him. But if you watch my shows, the one thing I've never been very good at is guest stars, because I've always been interested in the ensemble. With The Avengers, I'm still most fascinated by them.

"The other thing is, you don't try to top it. I know I will never make a moment as pleasing in a film as Hulk and Loki. You can't chase that dragon. If you try to do exactly the same thing, the chances you're going to do it better are very slim, and the only reason for me to devote three years to making another Avengers movie is the hope of making a better one."

Whedon chose his words carefully, tip-toeing around any Thanos indicators, but who else could appear in the sequel other than the Mad Titan?

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon says Loki is absent from The Avengers 2

Details for The Avengers 2 are few and far between, but this latest piece of information will likely upset many fans. Writer-director Joss Whedon has confirmed with the Empire Movie Podcast that Tom Hiddleston will not reprise his role as Loki in the upcoming sequel.

When initially asked about his progress on the movie, Whedon gave a similar answer to what we've heard for some time: "I've turned in a first draft, but the story is very set. Everybody's very much on board with the exact movie I'm trying to make which is what worked the first time."

But when asked about a specific moment from the first film featuring Loki, Whedon became the bearer of bad news: "Immitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, and Loki is not there to say those terrible things."

How this plays into the events of the upcoming Thor: The Dark World remains to be seen, but if you recall from the trailer, Thor does promise to kill Loki when he betrays him.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Robert Downey Jr. signs to return as Iron Man in Avengers 2 & 3

Marvel Studios [/b]announced today that Robert Downey, Jr. has signed a two-picture agreement to reprise the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man in Marvel’s The Avengers 2 and Marvel's The Avengers 3.

Downey, Jr.'s last two Marvel films, 2012's Marvel’s The Avengers and this year's Iron Man 3, rank as two of the top five grossing films of all time, collectively earning over $2.7 billion worldwide to date.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Joss Whedon says Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch a 'Huge Part' of The Avengers 2

"Phase Two" of Marvel's cinematic universe is in full swing and the next three big screen features (along with the recently-released Iron Man 3) will bring audiences to its big conclusion with Marvel's The Avengers 2 on May 1, 2015. CraveOnline caught up with writer-director Joss Whedon on the red carpet for last night's Saturn Awards and asked him about the much-anticipated sequel and how he plans to balance his take on Quicksilver against what Bryan Singer has planned for the character in his own X-Men: Days of Future Past.

"[They're] a huge part of [Marvel's The Avengers 2]," Whedon says of Quicksilver and his sister, the Scarlet Witch. "I'm really excited about it. I don't know what they're doing and I'm determinably not knowing. They'll do their thing. I have to do mine."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Joss Whedon drops details on Avengers: Age of Ultron

Marvel Studios and writer/director Joss Whedon took to the stage at San Diego Comic-Con's Hall H this year and wowed the audience with the announcement of the title for The Avengers sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron. Though the film is still two years away from release, Whedon has already decided to share some details on the film's plot, inspirations, and characters.

"A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron and there was a book called Age of Ultron recently, assumed that was the storyline we were doing which is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron. The other thing is in the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the way side. Ultron was their chief villain when I read the book. He has been THE Avengers villain for so long, I was amazed anybody was surprised it was going to be him in a movie. But we're sort of crafting our own version of it, where his origin comes more from The Avengers that we already know about it."

Whedon also admitted to knowing that this would be the sequel for the film since before he made the first "Avengers" movie.

"Since before I even took the job of making the first one, I thought 'Well I don't know if I want to make this movie, but the second one should have Ultron in it!'"

When asked how the film would be different from the first movie, Whedon elaborated more than he has in the past.

"It's a little bit darker than the other film, because Ultron is in the house there's a science fiction element that I think is a little bit stronger than the other film. Getting the team together was so rousing, but seriously, keeping the team together is a completely different problem."

Ultron goes through several different iterations in the source material and Whedon says that will be reflected in the film.

"Ultron is definitely somebody who evolves so we're going to get a couple of iterations, it's going to be cool."

When asked by a fan if The Avengers would do some globehopping in the sequel, Whedon gave an interesting reply for the film's story.

"It's very much a global Avengers film, a lot of the movie has to do with their place not only in America but in the world."

While still writing the film, Whedon appears to be having the most fun writing one of the returning characters instead of one of the new ones.

"Part of the fun for me, definitely, this time around is writing Hawkeye, because he did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and sort of had to walk around scowley for most of the movie last time. So now it's nice to actually have the character there and really see him interact with the other guys."

Whedon also confirmed the time table to begin production on the sequel.

"End of February, beginning of March. We'll be shooting in London, London will be the base for Avengers 2."

check out the interview segment below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015)

Joss Whedon talks Scarlet Witch's costume in Avengers: Age of Ultron

We've known for some time that Joss Whedon was adding the Scarlet Witch to the roster for the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, but one thing we've wondered is how they make her costume work in a modern action movie. Luckily the people at Nerdist spoke with Whedon and asked him about her costume and whether she would done her signature helmet.

"She might wear a headband or something that might echo it. The guys at Marvel, the conceptual artists, are phenomenal, and they are so good at taking the essence of what works and interpreting it for the actual human body, and when they paint something you can not only tell how it’s gonna work on a person, you can even tell what fabric it’ll be. They are very specific, very talented. So I’m excited to see the designs. Obviously we want to echo the look that people know, but there’s the classic look and the Ultimates look, but you have to do it in a way that will work. But it can’t be too old school… she can’t wear a leotard."

Sounds like this version of Scarlet Witch could take influence from the "Ultimate Comics" version of the character (two versions pictured below), which previously influenced The Avengers greatly. We should also point out that in the Ultimate Comics, Scarlet Witch and Ultron have a very strange...."relationship."

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
geo kok