Carver Silver Seven-t monoblock power amplifier

Mr Spock

demokratischer - sektor
Reaction score

The first music I played was "Harpo's Blues" from Phoebe Snow's first album (ABC SRL-52017). Her voice, normally round and silky, became hard and metallic with an unpleasant edge in the upper midrange. The voice also assumed a more up-front position in the soundstage, without a sense of air or depth. When Zoot Sims's sax entered, it confirmed the impression of a forward midrange presentation and two-dimensional soundstage. Zoot's sax, with a very soft treble (footnote 2), took on an unnatural presence edge. I moved on to CD playback from one of my standard references, Return to Forever's Light as a Feather (Polydor 827148-2). Again, the presentation was bright, thin, hard, edgy, and without depth. I like this music so much that it is rare that I don't enjoy it. It was totally uninvolving through the Silver Seven-ts. Joe Farrell's flute was so edgy and strident it made me cringe. In addition, the entire sound was sterile and dry, with little sense of space or front-to-rear separation between instruments.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/carver-silver-seven-t-monoblock-power-amplifier

Staff online

• abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
triantafyllos1969