fi X 2A3 amplifier

Κώστας Φ.

Truth hurts. Here's a teddy bear.
Reaction score

"The Fi X 2A3 doesn't exactly hang around in mass quantities. Turns out the X is Don's entry level bonanza, costing a paltry $995 in stock (Hammond 125E transformer) form, though you can specify an upgraded transformer from Magnequest which brings the price up to just under $1400. Neat! Even neater is the absolutely out of this world physical design of Mr. X.

As the name would by now suggest, the Fi X is a single-ended design featuring a compliment of 2A3 Sovtek tubes. If you fancy a mono block that's available as well, though the mono's look like a traditional chassis design. Finally, a matching pre-amp is available also.

The final word… should I stay, or should I go?

I almost purchased the amp. Almost, because I already own a pair of original Quad's and have four other amps gunning for my various listening preferences and interests. Suffice is to say that Don Garber is one cool dude. Having been responsible for the revival of US tube designs in the 80s is no small feat. The fact that he keeps himself busy and occupied full time doing this speaks volumes of the following he enjoys. Heck, who knows, I may call him in a month or two and buy one after all; I miss the amp already!"

Full Review: positive-feedback.com

Staff online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
daemon76