- Reaction score
In 50 days, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment will unleash Fifty Shades Darker Unrated Edition, plunging fans even deeper into the mesmerizing, hidden world of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, as the year’s hottest romance comes home on Digital HD on April 25, 2017 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, DVD and On Demand, on May 9, 2017. The global film phenomenon sparked by E L James’ best-selling book trilogy returns with the second chapter of the darkly alluring tale that captivated the world.
When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) tries to entice a cautious Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple. Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson) and Elena Lincoln (Kim Basinger) intensify the story, determined to destroy the couple’s hopes for a future together.
Directed by James Foley (House of Cards, Fear), Fifty Shades Darker also features Bella Heathcote, as well as returning cast members Oscar winner Marcia Gay Harden and Rita Ora.
In addition to both the original theatrical version and a steamy new unrated version with over 13 minutes of footage not seen in theaters, Fifty Shades Darker Unrated Edition on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital HD comes with more than 30 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, including cast interviews, behind-the-scenes features, and a peek at what lies ahead in the upcoming Fifty Shades Freed!
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY:
- A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
- New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
- The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
- Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
BONUS FEATURES on BLU-RAY and DVD:
- Deleted Scenes
- A Tease to Fifty Shades Freed – A tease to the next Fifty Shades film.
- Writing Darker – Author E.L. James and screenwriter Niall Leonard trace back the history of the book and introduce viewers to the much darker story and its adaptation to the big screen.
- Dark Reunion – The filmmakers and cast members discuss being reunited for this second film, and where we find Ana, Christian and their friends.
Το official blu-ray unrated edition trailer: