Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Madness? These are more Mad Max: Fury Road posters!

Warner Bros. Pictures has debuted a brand-new poster and two banners for the upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road which you can check out below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Have a lovely, lovely day with the Mad Max: Fury Road final trailer!

Warner Bros. Pictures has just released the final trailer for George Miller’s highly-anticipated fourth entry in the Mad Max series, Mad Max: Fury Road! Check it out in the player below.

Το official trailer 3:

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Έχει πέσει τεράστιο διαφημιστικό σπρώξιμο τις τελευταίες ημέρες με αφορμή την επίσημη πρεμιέρα.

Από τα εκτεταμένα trailers πάντως, καθώς και τα preview με περιγραφές των συντελεστών, η ταινία φαίνεται να τα σπάει! Τα χρώματα μάλιστα από την έρημο της Ναμίμπια όπου έγιναν τα γυρίσματα δείχουν εκπληκτικά. :hi:

Last edited:

lakiss51

"Επαγγελματίας"
Reaction score
ΜαντΜαξ ο Χαρντυ;;; τον θεωρουσα πολυ χεχλε τυπο, μαλλον για "τριτοδρομικες" φασεις τον εκοβα!

Το 80% των εφε εγιναν σε real time και οχι σε κομπιουτορα λενε!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
George Miller confirms two more Mad Max sequels are in development

Though it may not have lit the global box office on fire, bringing in just over $370 million worldwide, Mad Max: Fury Road captured the attention of fans around the globe and went on to become one of the highest-rated blockbusters of the summer. Talks of Mad Max sequels have permeated ever since, and speaking with Top Gear, director George Miller confirmed that two more scripts have already been written.

“This film [Fury Road] was green lit three times and fell over three times over a decade. We went to shoot with Mel Gibson back in 2001, but then 9/11 happened, and the American dollar collapsed against the Australian dollar close to 30 per cent, so we lost that amount of budget overnight….We were then rained out of Australia. The desert rained for the first time in 15 years, and we ended up in South West Africa, Namibia. But in this process, we had dug down deep into the backstory, not only of the characters, but of every vehicle. How the steering wheels became religious artifacts and things like that. So we ended up with two scripts, without really trying. We’re talking to the studio [Warner Bros] about it as we speak, but which one of the two stories will happen next, I’m not so sure.”

Miller went on to reiterate, however, that he would like to do a small movie next with limited special effects and no stunts, the same reason he cited he wouldn’t direct a Man of Steel follow-up.

“Fury Road” arrived in theaters thirty years after the third film in the series, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Hopefully we won’t have to wait that long for the next legend of the Road Warrior.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The next Mad Max sequel will not star Charlize Theron’s Furiosa

Whether you were among those who think Mad Max: Fury Road was the action masterpiece of the year or the tiny minority in dissent of that fact, both groups can agree on one thing: Charlize Theron’s Imperator Furiosa was the real star of the movie, not Tom Hardy’s Max Rockatansky. The badass warrior chick valiantly rode her way into movie valhalla, but according to Digital Spy‘s interview with franchise mastermind George Miller, the iconic Furiosa may wind up being a one-movie wonder, as she will (apparently) not play an integral role in the Mad Max sequel.

“I’m not sure, is the answer,” Miller said about the potential for Theron to return. “She’s not in the Mad Max [sequel] story, but in one of the stories there’s an interaction between [Max and Furiosa]. I can’t really say more than that because it’s still in progress.”

Of course, these are still early days on the Mad Max 5 and 6 front, although with Blu-ray/DVD sales going through the roof, it seems like only a matter of time before Hardy slaps on the leather jacket again to meet the challenges a post-apocalyptic landscape has to offer. Even the proposed title Miller previously revealed for the next movie, “Mad Max: The Wasteland,” is also apparently in flux.

“That name came out, that was just a working title,” he said. “Nico Lathouris and I wrote deep backstories on all the characters and they eventually became screenplays – so we have two [more movies]. I’m happy to say that there’s discussions about them right now, but I hope the next film I make is a very small without any special effects and not many stunts.”

Whatever the 70-year-old Miller does next, it’s good to know that one of the few working filmmakers who can truly be called a visionary is officially on the radar of a new generation of filmgoers thanks to the fuel-injected madness that was Mad Max: Fury Road. As Oscar season enters full swing, expect to hear more from Miller about the Mad Max sequel as Fury Road goes up for a slew of technical awards… and potentially one for Theron as well.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
No more Mad Max movies for George Miller?

You would think that any director who made a movie like Mad Max: Fury Road that was both a box office triumph and the best-reviewed wide release movie of 2015 would want to make a sequel. However, despite having accrued enough material for two more Mad Max movies, George Miller has told Page 6 that he is essentially finished with the franchise.

“I won’t make more ‘Mad Max’ movies,” said Miller. “‘Fury Road’ was forever getting completed. If you finish one in a year, it’s considered a leap of faith. Start, stop, start again. I’ve shot in Australia in a field of wild flowers and flat red earth when it rained heavily forever. We had to wait 18 months and every return to the US was 27 hours. Those ‘Mad Maxes’ take forever. I won’t do those anymore.”

With four Mad Max movies under his belt in a filmography that only includes nine feature films, the 70-year-old director probably has a few other stories he’d like to tell before riding through the gates of Valhalla. Like his contemporary George Lucas, who directed four Star Wars movies before passing the torch to a new generation of filmmakers, it seems Miller would not be adverse to having a younger helmer play in his post-apocalyptic sandbox. That’s essentially what he told Studio 360 a few days ago, although he seemed a little less severe in the possibility of never doing more himself.

“What happened to Max after ‘Fury Road’? What happened before ‘Fury Road’? What happened to the other characters?” Miller said. “Those stories are there — probably not as the next film but the film after. I’d like to do one of them. We’ll see. As John Lennon said, life is what happens when you’re making other plans. There are so many other directors out there. People are directing younger and younger. They’re getting a real sense of cinema very, very early. There are some great directors out there.”

If Fury Road were to be Miller’s final say on the character, it would be a fitting farewell, and no one could say he didn’t leave every ounce of guzzoline on the floor. The project sprang to life in the early 2000s with Mel Gibson still in the lead, then was briefly planned as an animated film before embarking on a tortuous 3-year production process with Tom Hardy in the lead, so we can’t fault him for not wanting to go through that logistical nightmare again. It also wouldn’t be unheard of for Miller to co-direct another Mad Max film, as he did with George Ogilvie on 1985’s Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Despite rumors that Warner Bros. offered Miller a stab at a Man of Steel sequel, the Australian is apparently going much smaller for his mysterious next directorial outing.

“I’ve got something a bit smaller before we go back out into the wasteland — something that’s contemporary that we can get through fairly quickly,” said Miller to Entertainment Weekly last week. “And something with not too much technical difficulty. Something more performance-based and so on, just to clear the exhaust.”

Of course, these are still early days on the Mad Max 5 and 6 front, although with Blu-Ray/DVD sales going through the roof, it seems like only a matter of time before Hardy slaps on the leather jacket again to meet the challenges a post-apocalyptic landscape has to offer. All we know right now is Charlize Theron’s Furiosa is not expected to play a central role. Even the proposed title Miller previously revealed for the next movie, “Mad Max: The Wasteland,” is also apparently in flux.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
George Miller WILL direct more Mad Max movies… eventually

A big stink was made two days ago over an interview Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller gave in which he was quoted as saying that he won’t make more Mad Max movies. Now that the dust has settled and the Australian filmmaker has two more Oscar nominations under his belt for the film (Best Picture, Best Director; the film itself received 10 total), he’s spoken to TheWrap and clarified the previous statement, which was in fact a misquote.

“That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review,” he said. “She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another ‘Mad Max’ movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another ‘Mad Max.’ It won’t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.”

That jibes with a statement Miller made to Studio 360 a few days ago, where he seemed open to the possibility of doing more himself.

“What happened to Max after ‘Fury Road’? What happened before ‘Fury Road’? What happened to the other characters?” Miller said. “Those stories are there — probably not as the next film but the film after. I’d like to do one of them. We’ll see. As John Lennon said, life is what happens when you’re making other plans. There are so many other directors out there. People are directing younger and younger. They’re getting a real sense of cinema very, very early. There are some great directors out there.”

Staff online

• Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • spylab
    Shalom

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
MORPH