Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Απάντηση: Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Vin Diesel talks Guardians of the Galaxy's Groot

Following Vin Diesel's Facebook tease last Sunday, it seems that the cat is out of the bag regarding the star's involvement in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Although everything isn't 100% locked, he's likely to be voicing the treelike alien Groot in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy. Today, Diesel spoke with The L.A. Times about the role and his ongoing social media presence.

"I’m an actor," the Furious Six star tells the outlet. "[N]ot everything has to be the most obvious choice. And sometimes, the best thing you can do — as far as Steven Spielberg and his advice — is to defy expectations. So if everybody thinks you’re going to go for this one thing and you flip it entirely and go for the strangest Marvel character, it’s interesting. And when something is interesting, it’s inspiring."

Diesel goes on to explain that, while fans speculated that Marvel Studios might not be happy with his social media teases, the reality is rather different.

"The last thing they are is mad," he says. "I’m pretty open, but I have been secretive about this. I went to Comic-Con and I got blasted while I was on the Hall H panel for 'Riddick.' Someone asked a Marvel question. I couldn’t say anything because of that secrecy."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

Gregg Henry joins Guardians of the Galaxy

Actor Gregg Henry has announced via Twitter that he's off to London to take part in James Gunn's upcoming Marvel Studios film, Guardians of the Galaxy. Henry has worked with Gunn on both of his previous feature films Super and Slither, and he made no mention of what role he will take on for the film.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

First look at Michael Rooker on the Guardians of the Galaxy set

Last week, we debuted the first photos from the set of Marvel Studios' upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy and now we've got even more. Filming in the countryside of Surrey, just outside of London, production has set up a spaceship crash in a field and walking among the wreckage is Michael Rooker's Yondu and other gun-toting aliens!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score

It's official! Bradley Cooper is voicing Guardians of the Galaxy's Rocket Raccoon

Following rumors late last week, Marvel has officially confirmed a new addition to the cast of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy: Bradley Cooper is set to voice Rocket Raccoon!

"Rocket has been genetically and mechanically altered," Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige said of the character in a recent interview. "He’s an experiment from one part of the galaxy."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Lee Pace talks Ronan the Accuser in Guardians of the Galaxy

Next summer will see actor Lee Pace bring to life one of the most iconic cosmic characters in the Marvel Universe, Ronan the Accuser. As the primary antagonist for Guardians of the Galaxy, he'll be doing his fair share of naughtiness throughout the movie, but just how bad is he?

"He’s a f***ing psycho!" Pace said in an interview with ClickOnline.com. "He’s a real monster. I’ve had the best time playing this character. I’m glad its all on film and I never thought I could be so nuts in it!"

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
James Gunn goes into detail about Guardians of the Galaxy

Catching up with Guardians of the Galaxy writer-director James Gunn on the red carpet at Marvel Studios' Thor: The Dark World premiere, CraveOnline managed to score a few quotes about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"Thanos is a character in our movie," says Gunn regarding the big bad teased at the end of Marvel's The Avengers. "...He works with Ronan. In my movie Ronan works for Thanos, and Ronan is the main bad guy in our film."

Ronan is set to be played by Lee Pace, although an actor for Thanos has not yet been named. Damion Poitier played the part in the post-Avengers tease under heavy prostheses. As was Thanos in that sequence, Guardians of the Galaxy promises quite a lot of practical effects.

"We have a prison set that is 350,000 pounds of steel," Gunn continues. "Our sets are enormous. Anybody who knows me knows I really love the mix of practical and CGI effects and I carried that over into this movie. We have tons and tons of practical effects… I can't wait for people to see it because it's astoundingly beautiful."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Zoe Saldana and Michael Rooker talk Guardians of the Galaxy

Next year, Marvel Studios will venture into unexplored territory with a brand new film franchise staring the unlikely group called Guardians of the Galaxy. Fans have been very anxious to see anything from the upcoming film, and because it's exploring new territory, we still don't know what to expect. Speaking with MTV, Zoe Saldana, who plays Gamora in the film, says not only will the film's setting (space) be relatively new, but overall it will be a different experience.

"A new way to view superheroes. I mean I love sometimes the consistency of what the classics have left behind, but I need innovation, and you can only have so much of 'I'll save you!' after a while it's like 'Oh god, does he go to the bathroom? Is he hungry? Does he cry? Does he feel?' Not only do we cover that, we're making heroes after thieves and they're Robin Hoods and I love that because I'm an underdog. I always like the longer route, the hardest route, because that's the only one that's going to teach you great lessons in life and these characters are absolutely amazing and they have a full blown redemption. So to be able to sink your teeth into such meaty characters and to be a part of such a story that is very unique and obviously has everything that I love: it has space, it has a cooky director, it literally has just cojones. It has amazing actors that you would have never thought to put them all together and somehow we're all here, giving 150% and loving the story that we're doing.

"It's gonna be very (good) - I hope, I never like to shoot myself in the foot to seem that confident that I may come across as arrogant, but I'm rooting for it, a great deal because it was amazing. What we shot and we left on the screen there were pretty amazing things and I have a feeling that James is going to capture them very beautifully. I'm happy to have worked with someone like James, because not everyday do you meet somebody that is absolutely who they are and you cannot compare them to anybody else. There's only going to be one James Gunn and I like that."

Meanwhile over at Total Film, Michael Rooker, who plays Yondu in the film, said:

…"it’s challenging. You have to forget that you have all these issues like three hour make-up and stuff… once you get that stuff on you have your own down time. You forget you have it on. You just play the role and you have great time doing it."

When asked if his character had any special powers or abilities in the film, Rooker replied:

"I don’t think I’m at liberty to discuss any powers of any sort… Y’know, most of the roles I play, just by it being who I am – normally they’re somewhat formidable individuals. That’s just sort of my look and my build. So we utilise that in almost everything I’ve done, and it’s the same in Guardians."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Chris Pratt talks playing Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy

Next year will see the release of Marvel's most unique film to date, James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, and with it comes one of their more eccentric heroes, Peter Quill aka Star-Lord, played by Chris Pratt. Pratt recently spoke with Fandango about the role, revealing why he signed onto the film and what he loves about the character.

“Just the fact that he was part of the Marvel brand was really exciting,” Pratt said. “I was signed up to do the movie before I was even allowed to read a script, so it wasn't like something about this particular character that got me to do it. The fact that it was a Marvel movie is what got me to do it.

“Granted, once I did read it there were so many things about the character that I love, and one thing is that he's very much a kid at heart. He's like a man-child. And I like the idea that he's got a false sense of bravado. Deep down inside he's lonely and desperate. But on the outside he walks around like he's big and tough, and I don't think he does a great job of convincing everybody that he's not just a scared little child.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Bradley Cooper talks voicing Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy

Officially cast in the film back in August, Bradley Cooper has yet to speak about his role as Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, until now. Talking with Collider, Cooper spoke about what drew him to the project and working on different accents for the character's voice.

"Well, I like James a lot and it really was about him and then talking to him about the guy. I wasn't familiar with the comic at all and then I really loved it, and I love that character. He's incredible that character. You know, one thing we debated was he's seen as a cockney accent sometimes. So we talked about whether we'd do that or do this sort of other guy from the city a little bit.

When asked if they've figured out the final voice for the character, Cooper replied: "Yeah, we're in the middle of it."

Cooper also gave his impressions of the footage he's seen from the film saying: "Chris Pratt is unbelievable and Zoe is great, she's always great. Chris Pratt just blew me away. I thought he's just like the perfect guy."

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Vin Diesel is officially voicing Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy

Although it's still unconfirmed by the studio, it's looking more and more likely today that Vin Diesel will be be playing the motion-captured Groot in next year's Guardians of the Galaxy. The star just posted the below image to his official Facebook page, depicting himself posing with a detailed bust of the character (our most detailed look yet). Check it out below!

Director James Gunn, meanwhile, Tweeted the same image image along with, "Vin Diesel is a super awesome dude. I can't tell you how much I like this guy."

So, while it's still not "official," it's a good bet that Diesel will be joining Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Gregg Henry and Bradley Cooper for the ensemble sci-fi comedy actioner, which hits theaters August 1, 2014.

UPDATE #1: Marvel Studios has now made it official! Here's the press release:

Vin Diesel is Groot!

The star of the Fast and the Furious and Riddick franchises will lend his voice to Groot in Marvel's live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy," rounding out the team that includes Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista).

Featured in four of the six movies in the fan-favorite “Fast & Furious” franchise, Diesel has helped the series gross over $2 billion at the box office; and will reprise his role in “Fast & Furious 7.” Diesel’s most recent film, “Riddick,” the third film in the franchise that has so far earned a cumulative $267.3 million across the globe, debuted this year at the top of the box office. In addition to lending his voice to several video games, Diesel’s received great acclaim for his voice work in the celebrated animated film “The Iron Giant,” directed by Brad Bird.

In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014.

In addition to "Guardians of the Galaxy," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015; and "Ant-Man" on July 31, 2015.

UPDATE #2: Director James Gunn posted the following on his official Facebook page, indeed confirming that Diesel will say just the "I Am Groot" line, but in different ways:

"Yep it is completely official. AND he's amazing. I never knew someone could say I AM GROOT so many different ways and with such feeling (and that sounds like I'm kidding but I'm not!)"

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Marvel Studios lines up the first still from Guardians of the Galaxy

Although the shot may look a bit familiar to those that attended this year's Comic-Con International in San Diego, Walt Disney Pictures has today released the first official still from Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy featuring, from left to right, Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Drax (Dave Batista) and Groot (Vin Diesel). Check it out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
New photos from Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy!

Three new images from the Marvel Studios space adventure Guardians of the Galaxy have come online and you can check them out below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy reveals three new images

On the heels of yesterday's new still, Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy has brought online three new images that you can check out below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
James Gunn says Guardians of the Galaxy 'definitely connected to Avengers 3'

This summer will see the cinematic debut of one of the strangest collections of characters that Marvel Studios has assembled, the Guardians of the Galaxy. Though the group will no doubt get up to some heroic deeds in the film, actress Zoe Saldana, who plays Gamora in the film, says they're not 100% heroes.

''We're the Sex Pistols,'' Saldana told EW. ''We're the renegades. We'll come in drunk, we'll save the day, but check your wallet — we might have taken it.''

The film is shaping up to be unlike anything else Marvel Studios has released before, but that doesn't mean it won't be highly connected to the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In the latest issue of EW, director James Gunn revealed a huge connection by saying: "We're definitely connected to 'Avengers 3.'"

That connection is more than likely the Mad Titan himself, Thanos, who appeared in the mid-credit scene for 2012's The Avengers, and though he has yet to be confirmed for the August 1 release, his presence has been hinted at previously.

Staff online

• xfader
    Segregation supporter
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
tassos249