Suicide Squad (2016)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Στο «SuicideSquad», η κυβερνητική πράκτωρ Δρ. Αμάντα Γουόλερ (Βαϊόλα Ντέιβις) θα συγκεντρώσει την πιο επικίνδυνη ομάδα κακοποιών, οι οποίοι θα αναγκαστούν να εργαστούν ως όπλα της αμερικάνικης κυβέρνησης στην καταπολέμηση του κακού. Μέλη της Ομάδας Αυτοκτονίας είναι ορισμένοι από τους πιο εικονικούς και επικίνδυνους ήρωες της DC Comics, μεταξύ των οποίων, ο Joker (Τζάρεντ Λέτο), o Deadshot (Γουίλ Σμιθ), o Captain Boomerang (Τζάι Κόρτνεϊ), η Harley Quinn (Μάργκοτ Ρόμπι), η Enchantress (Κάρα Ντελεβίν), o Rick Flagg (Τζόελ Κίναμαν) και ο Killer Croc (Άντεγουελ Ακινουόγιε-Αγκμπάτζε).

Release Date: August 5, 2016 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)

Based on the legendary "Task Force X," better known as "Suicide Squad." Created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, the team has included countless DC villains among its ranks.

Cast: Will Smith, Jay Hernandez, Jared Leto, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Viola Davis, Adam Beach, Common , Ike Barinholtz, Joel Kinnaman, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Scott Eastwood, Cara Delevingne, Raymond Olubowale

Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Ayer
Screenwriter: David Ayer
Genre: Action, Adventure

Official Website: http://www.suicidesquad.com / https://www.facebook.com/SuicideSquad

Last edited:

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
David Ayer calls the Suicide Squad film 'Dirty Dozen with Supervillains'

As part of their giant announcement last week, Warner Bros. announced their entire slate of DC Comics-based films and the first picture we'll see on the big screen following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is none other than Suicide Squad, to be helmed by Fury and End of Watch director David Ayer. Empire caught up with the director recently and asked him about the upcoming adaptation which he seems to be quite excited about.

"'Fury' whetted my appetite for a bigger canvas and this idea of world creation. You can do amazing things as a filmmaker if you have the proper tools, and those are time and money...I can say that it’s a Dirty Dozen with supervillains. Then I can ask the question, 'Does a movie really need good guys?'"

Ayer went on to talk about his anticipation for getting started and diving head first into the world of comic books.

"I love the passion [comic-book fans] have for these characters and these worlds. I think there's something incredible about the comic genre and technology has finally caught up with pen and ink to render these fantastic worlds in a way that feels believable and visceral to audiences. It's a secular religion in that regards. The mythology that these characters represent - the idea of them as fallen gods on Earth - is intriguing to me. I can't wait to start exploring those corridors."

The line-up for "Task Force X" in the upcoming film is rumored to include the super strong Blockbuster, the self-replicating Multiplex, the speedster Jaculi, the illusion-casting Mindboggler, the original Captain Boomerang George Harkness, the animal mimicker Vixen, and Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot. A recent report indicated that Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Will Smith had all been approached for roles in the film, though nothing is confirmed at this time. Suicide Squad is currently set for release on August 5, 2016.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Suicide Squad targeting Jared Leto as the Joker!

David Ayer's DC Comics adaptation Suicide Squad has, according to recent reports, targeted high profile talent like Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Will Smith with subsequent reports claiming that the studio is also keen on adding Jesse Eisenberg as his Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice antagonist, Lex Luthor. Now TheWrap claims that the Academy Award-winning Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) -- said to have been in the running for Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange -- is being eyed to play The Joker!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Margot Robbie cast as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad?

On the heels of a report that Jared Leto is in contention for the role of The Joker in Warner Bros.' upcoming Suicide Squad film, Collider reports that Margot Robbie has joined the cast in the role of Harley Quinn. Robbie has been in the mix for a role in the film for a few weeks now, along with the likes of Tom Hardy and Will Smith, though it was unknown at the time what her role would be.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jai Courtney eyed for Deadshot role in Suicide Squad

Jai Courtney, best known for his performance in A Good Day to Die Hard as the son of Bruce Willis' John McClane, is reportedly up for the role of the DC Comics mercenary Deadshot in David Ayer's bad guy team-up Suicide Squad. Variety has the news, claiming that Tom Hardy, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and Will Smith all still remain in talks as well.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
It’s official: Meet the cast of DC comics’ Suicide Squad movie!

An all-star roster of actors has joined Warner Bros. Pictures’ new action adventure Suicide Squad, bringing DC Comics’ super villain team to the big screen under the direction of David Ayer (Fury). The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness, Ali) as Deadshot; Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises, upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road) as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street, Focus) as Harley Quinn; Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club, Alexander) as the Joker; Jai Courtney (Divergent, The Water Diviner) as Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina, upcoming Pan) as Enchantress.

In making the announcement, Silverman said, “The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one. David Ayer returns to the studio where he wrote ‘Training Day’ and brings his incredible ability to craft multidimensional villains to this iconic DC property with a cast of longtime Warner collaborators Will Smith and Tom Hardy, and other new and returning favorites: Margot, Jared, Jai and Cara. We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under Ayer’s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.”

Ayer is also writing the script for Suicide Squad, which is being produced by Charles Roven (The Dark Knight trilogy, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle). Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers.

Suicide Squad, which was originally created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, will set up shop in Toronto, Canada at their Pinewood extension starting in February. Following two months of pre-production, the film will shoot from April until September for a August 5, 2016 release.

It was also previously rumored that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor will play a role in the story, although his name is not included in this official cast list.

Πωωω, πωωω !!!!!! Μιλάμε για τρελό cast !!!!!!
Προσωπικά αναμένω με ενδιαφέρον αυτή την ταινία......
;)

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Suicide Squad creator John Ostrander reacts to film casting

Last week, Warner Bros. made it official and laid all the cards on the table, revealing most of the cast for their upcoming Suicide Squad film. Though a relatively unknown group to mainstream audiences, the Suicide Squad have been around for decades and were originally envisioned as a team of non-super powered people going on adventures against super powered beings. Following that, writer John Ostrander re-imagined the group as they’re currently known, supervillains seeking redemption and going on government sanctioned missions in which they’ll likely perish.

Following the announcement, Ostrander spoke with CBR about his thoughts on the casting for the film, saying:

“I was pleased, but I wouldn’t have guessed that it would have been one of the properties that they would do quite so quickly. That’s a heck of a slot. It’s the first movie after “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” That places them pretty high and sure, that pleases me.”

Ostrander went on to talk about Will Smith playing Deadshot and the casting for the film as whole.

“To the general public, Deadshot as a character is not well known, so they wouldn’t really notice any difference. Of course, the people doing the movies want to have the biggest star that they can, because that will help draw people into the movie. Understanding all of that, I have no problem with the casting….What I am really impressed by with all of the casting is that they are getting some very good actors to play these parts. That means Warner Bros. is very serious about this movie. They are serious about the concept….I think Hardy is an excellent actor. Jared Leto as The Joker? Oh, my. This is his first film since winning an Academy Award! That’s pretty high profile for a film called ‘Suicide Squad.’ They are taking this very seriously.”

The rumors that Oprah Winfrey was WB’s choice for the role of Amanda Waller was also brought up, which Ostrander also thought was a great choice.

“Oprah was actually at the top of my list! She showed in “The Color Purple” that she’s a really good actor, and she’s got the attitude for Waller.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Viola Davis cast as Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad

Two weeks ago, Warner Bros. revealed their version of Task Force X for the big screen adaptation of Suicide Squad. A few factors remained up in the air, like who would be playing the woman at the center of it all, Amanda Waller. It was reported at the time that three names (including Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey) were in contention, and now Latino Review reports that Viola Davis has landed the role of “The Wall.”

Davis has secured two Academy Award nominations previously, making her the third Oscar-nominated actor in the film’s cast. She can currently be seen on ABC’s “How to Get Away With Murder.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Tom Hardy drops out of Suicide Squad with Jake Gyllenhaal eyed as replacement

TheWrap brings word today that not only has actor Tom Hardy had to drop out out of Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment’s upcoming Suicide Squad movie due to scheduling conflicts, but that David Ayer is eyeing his End of Watch star Jake Gyllenhaal to replace him in the role of Rick Flagg.

This would have marked Hardy’s second appearance on the big screen as a DC Comics character, having previously played Bane in 2012′s The Dark Knight Rises. He can next be seen in theaters in Child 44 on April 17 and Mad Max: Fury Road on May 15. Gyllenhaal has previously been courted for other comic book roles including Doctor Strange and The Green Hornet when director Kevin Smith was attached to the project.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Update: Tom Hardy drops out of Suicide Squad with Jake Gyllenhaal eyed as replacement

UPDATE: Variety reports that Jake Gyllenhaal has passed on the offer to play Rick Flagg in Warner Bros. Pictures’ Suicide Squad movie. The search for a Tom Hardy replacement continues.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Margot Robbie talks Harley Quinn’s accent in Suicide Squad

Of the members of the Suicide Squad that will appear in Warner Bros.’ upcoming feature film, Harley Quinn has the most unique accent among them. That particular style of speaking appears to be in good hands though with The Wolf of Wall Street star Margot Robbie bringing the character to life on the big screen. SuperHeroHype caught up with Robbie at the Sundance Film Festival where she revealed that not only is she excited to work with director David Ayer, but that the accent itself hasn’t been solidified just yet.

“None of those things have been set in stone at this point, but according to the comics, she’s from New York and I think Brooklyn, so there may be a slight… I couldn’t imagine it would be as strong as the Wolf of Wall Street accent,” she said. “The lingo will be the difference between that and the other character I played in ‘Wolf’ but I don’t know yet. We haven’t spoken about it.”

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Suicide Squad recruits Jay Hernandez for mystery role

Jay Hernandez has joined the cast of Warner Bros. Pictures’ upcoming Suicide Squad. According to TheWrap, the “Friday Night Lights” star will play a mystery role in the DC Comics adaption with the outlet speculating that one possibility is the role of an inmate who shares a cell with The Joker.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Jared Leto talks playing the ‘nearly shakespearean’ Joker in Suicide Squad

Next year will see not only the world’s finest superheroes throwing down in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but also the wildest villains of the DCU making their way to the big screen in Suicide Squad. Among them will be Jared Leto as The Joker, making him the first actor to take on the character in a film since Heath Ledger’s performance in 2008’s The Dark Knight. Speaking with Billboard, Leto opened up about this opportunity, with some very choice words to describe The Joker.

“The opportunity to take on this nearly Shakespearean character — that’s what graphic novels and comic books are becoming, right?” Leto says. “[He’s] this beautiful disaster of a character — what a big challenge.”

The outlet also reports that Leto is gaining weight for the role, quoting him as saying, “Do you mind if I eat a little? I’m trying to gain a lot of weight. It means I have to eat every couple of hours — and I’m terrible at eating a lot.” Though Leto himself makes no mention of this as preparation for his role as the clown prince of crime, it’s still an interesting note. Leto has previously had dramatic weight loss and gain for roles in films including losing 40 lbs for his Oscar-winning role in Dallas Buyers Club and gaining 67 lbs for the role of Mark David Chapman in Chapter 27, which resulted in Leto contracting gout.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Thor: The Dark World’s Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to play Killer Croc in Suicide Squad

Following the two new cast members revealed yesterday, TheWrap reports that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (who took on the role of Kurse in Thor: The Dark World, “LOST”) is set to play Killer Croc in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Suicide Squad.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
David Ayer’s Suicide Squad cast assembles!

As production nears, Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad has pulled its cast together for a read-through. Although Jared Leto (The Joker) is noticeably absent, the above image, Tweeted by writer and director David Ayer, reveals a few surprise additions to the film’s ensemble cast such as Neighbors star Ike Barinholtz and Flags of Our Fathers’ Adam Beach.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Suicide Squad Director shares the killing joke-inspired photo of Jared Leto

Following the Suicide Squad cast image from last night, director David Ayer has debuted another photo on his Twitter account showing the previously-absent Jared Leto. Joker fans will instantly recognize the photo as an homage to the cover of Alan Moore and Brian Bolland’s classic story “The Killing Joke.” Check it out and compare it with the actual cover image below.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
DC Comics’ Suicide Squad movie enlists Common for mystery role

Following his recent Academy Award win for Selma‘s “Glory,” actor and musician Common is heading to the DC Universe! The Hollywood Reporter has just revealed that the star, who recently appeared in Run All Night, will play a mystery role in David Ayer’s Suicide Squad. DC Comics fan are likely already well-aware of Common’s past connection the big screen DCU. He was previously attached to play Green Lantern John Stewart in George Miller’s long-defunct Justice League.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
First look at Jared Leto as The Joker in Suicide Squad!

Warner Bros. Pictures and director David Ayer surprised fans today with a first look at Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) as The Joker in David Ayer’s (Fury, End of Watch) Suicide Squad adaptation!

“The Suicide Squad wishes you a Happy Anniversary Mr. J!” Ayer wrote on Twitter. Check out the image below!

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
The Twilight Saga’s Alex Meraz joins Suicide Squad

Another actor has joined the cast of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad in a mystery role. Variety reports that Alex Meraz, best known for his role as Paul Lahote in The Twilight Saga, is set to join the cast.

loyis7

Movies
Reaction score
Will Ben Affleck appear in David Ayer’s Suicide Squad?

UPDATE: It appears that Ben Affleck may be in the film after all as set photos have debuted online showing the actor in an outfit that appears similar to his Bruce Wayne attire from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice on a set. This still remains unconfirmed, but check back here as we learn more.

David Ayer is currently shooting the DC villain fest Suicide Squad in Toronto, Canada and eTalk brings word that the caped crusader himself, Ben Affleck, has been spotted in the city, leading many to believe he could make an appearance in the upcoming film. This remains a rumor for the time being, so check back here for any confirmation on the matter as we learn it.

In other semi-related news, Jared Leto, who will star as Batman’s arch-enemy The Joker, posted an image on Instagram showing off his physique for the film, wearing of all things a Superboy shirt.

Staff online

• spylab
    Shalom
  • Zizik
    Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος
  • xfader
    Segregation supporter

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members