DTS:X

Zizik

Chauncey Gardiner * tl;dr *
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Auro 3D; Πάει αυτό μάλλον. ;)
Η DTS δεν προτείνει ακόμα, αλλά δήλωσαν πως θα λειτουργεί σωστά και με height/presence και με Atmos διαρρύθμιση. Πιθανόν να ελπίζουν πως έτσι θα υιοθετηθεί ευκολότερα απο τις εταιρείες παραγωγής, αφού το τραίνο είναι ήδη στον επόμενο στΑτμό. :D

Reaction score
και.......τι μπορει να κανει το dts - x

screen-shot-2016-02-13-at-2.51.22-pm-100644852-large.png

αλλα παιζει ρολο τι εχουν κανει οι μηχανικοι και σε ποια ηχεια...οποτε το βλεπω ψιλομπαχαλο το dts - x για αρχη

DTS:X’s interactive elements include Dialog Control, which treats dialog as a separate audio object. This gives you the ability to adjust the dialog independently of the rest of the mix—regardless of which speaker it’s coming from. As cool as this feature sounds, in practice, you’ll only be able to use Dialog Control if it has been specifically enabled in the content metadata; in other words, it won’t necessarily be available in every soundtrack, even it is encoded with DTS:X content.

While it’s great news that consumers who purchased DTS:X-ready gear are finally getting the firmware updates needed to enable that technology. As promise and real-world practice come together, on the other hand, it’s becoming apparent that not every aspect of DTS:X’s potential will be realized in the real world. Some features will rely on the way audio engineers master content, while others—such as speaker-layout options—will depend on what consumer-electronics manufacturers choose to enable in their products.

Last edited:

stathis

Ultra Home Theater
Reaction score
Είναι μέχρι να βγεί η αναβάθμιση σε dts:x στον 5100 και να κυκλοφορήσει ο πολυαναμενόμενος 5200 με 9.2.4 συν dts:x φυσικά,μετα θα κάνουν ενα μπαμ οι ταινίες με ανάλογο περιεχόμενο βέβαια.:D

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Το firmware update των Denon/Maranz με το πολυαναμενόμενο dts:x πάντως είναι, απ' ό,τι διαβάζω, μια αποτυχία. Πιθανόν λόγω κακής επιλογής αποκωδικοποιητών ή/και κακού προγραμματισμού, υπάρχουν σοβαρότατα bugs:

Denon have released a FW update that has huge problems. It appears that DTS:X only works correctly if one chooses FH+RH as the speaker designation in the AVR. There is a problem with CC distortion when using the upmixer on 2ch sources. And now we have a report today from Ralph Potts which tells us that the FW update has disabled DTS-HD Bitstream in some Sony players, causing them only to pass PCM.

All of this is totally unacceptable IMO and there is only one place to point the finger: Denon. I don't give a rodent's orifice which chipset an AVR manufacturer chooses, or which company he choose it from. All I care about is getting a working unit. Which components a manufacturer chooses to use are not my business -they are the manufacturer's business and it is entirely their responsibility to choose components which work correctly. Passing the blame onto DTS for supplying them a load of old cr&p is not an acceptable answer to me. Denon should verify their product works correctly before releasing it. This doesn't absolve DTS from being a half-assed bunch of incompetents of course, but I don't buy from DTS - I buy from Denon.
They could see a lot of UK users invoking their consumer protection legal rights if they don't arrive at a solution that makes the customers happy. It is even worse for some units' owners than it is for me: some users had cross-codec upmixing which the FW update has removed. IE, they have actually lost a working feature. At least with my 2015 unit I have never had cross-codex upmixing to begin with, so I went into that with my eyes open. Maybe after all the goodwill that D&M are currently seeing go down the toilet, they will issue a FW update to restore cross-codec functionality even to the 2015 models like mine.
There are a couple of issues.

One is that two channel music sounds awful with DTS:X. If you run just stereo music, no big deal but it doesn't sound good with the upmixer.

The second is that apparently if you are running TF and TR speakers, you will only get mono from all your surrounds in DTSX modes (Neural:X and DTS:X). You will have to change from the TF and TR setting in your receiver to the FH and RH setting to get proper surround sound and heights.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2309010-dts-x-14.html#post41452649

Last edited:

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Έχει κι άλλα:

I tested my 7.3.4 setup with the DTS:X clip from The Last Witch Hunter. I played through my Dunes. I am running TF and TR with Atmos recommended setup. I got the following results when playing the test sounds.
Front, center, left, surround left, surround right, left rear and right rear all played correct with no bleed when "their turn was played".
The issue was when the test sound played the top front right, top front left, top rear right and top rear left.
The surround left, rear left, and front left all played in conjunction with the top front left.
The surround left, rear left, and front left all played in conjunction with the top rear left.
The surround right, rear right and front right all played in conjunction with the top front right.
The surround right, rear right and front right all played in conjunction with the top rear right.
Τόσο καλά που η κατάσταση θυμίζει ανέκδοτο:
- So what happened from a month ago when DST X was supposed to work with any speaker configuration?
- Reality.

:D

daharis666

Επαγγελματίας Crystalator Μονολιθίξ
Reaction score
Ερώτηση: τα ηχεία presence στο ταβάνι μπορεί να είναι και δίπολα για μεγαλύτερη διασπορά?

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Έχω την εντύπωση ότι το ζητούμενο στα ηχεία οροφής είναι η κατευθυντικότητα και όχι η διασπορά.

daharis666

Επαγγελματίας Crystalator Μονολιθίξ
Reaction score
Έχεις δίκιο,μόλις διάβασα και τις 14 σελίδες(που σνόμπαρα μέχρι τώρα για να μη ''δαγκώσω το μήλο'':whistling:) στο νήμα dolby atmos και αναφέρθηκε αυτό που λες

;)

Reaction score
με 2 διπολα λιγο μπροστα(για atmos) απο την θεση ακροασης ειναι οκ πιστευω ....
...παιρνεις και το καθορισμενο σημειο και την διασπορα..

τα καναλια υψους και ειδικα τα 2 μπροστα κανουν μεγαλη δουλεια ειδικα οσοι βλεπουν με προβολεις

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Εγώ πάλι από όσα διαβάζω, τα κανάλια ύψους με το atmos οροφής έχουν μεγάλη διαφορά.

Reaction score
λογικο ειναι αν θες κατευθυντικο αποτελεσμα απο τον ουρανο αλλα το βλεπω σπανια σε ταινιες..
....αν μιλαμε για βροχες κ.λ.π. εφε τα καναλια υψους κανουν την ιδια δουλεια .....δεν μιλαω για dsp

παραδειγμα χωρις καναλια υψους και atmos και με αισθηση οτι ακους απο πανω ειναι στο Master and Commander που περπατανε απο πανω ;)
.....οποτε εχει να κανει με τον μηχανικο ηχου ποσο καλη δουλεια εχει κανει...

το ιδανικο ειναι αυτο.....:D

....αλλα πιστευω οτι ειναι πολλα για τους χωρους μας.....ασε που πρεπει να εχεις και προδιαγραφες εικονας σουπερ ντουπερ....δλδ μεγαλη οθονη κυρτη με καμια 40αρια ποντους απο το πατωμα ωστε να εχεις την αισθηση οτι εισαι μεσα....π.χ. αν δεις φορμουλα σε τετοια οθονη και την δεις με υψος 70-80 ποντους θα παθεις σοκ απο την διαφορα αισθησης...

εκει λοιπον που παιρνεις τα μεγιστα απο τα πολλα καναλια ειναι οταν εχεις και την καταλληλη εικονα ;)

μην κοιτας που εχουν βαλει μια TV και ενα σκασμο ηχεια......απλα δειχνουν πως πρεπει να ειναι το setup με κεντρο την οθονη..

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Έτσι, βάλε 20 κανάλια, τώρα που γυρίζει. Ρε πας καλά; :p

Το Master and Commander είναι η μόνη ταινία που ακούγεται έτσι. Καμμιά άλλη; Σε ταινίες που υπάρχει πληροφορία και περάσματα στα κανάλια οροφής του Atmos από το ένα στο άλλο, τα κανάλια ύψους χωρίς Atmos τι θα παίξουν;

Θα σε στείλω για διάβασμα μου φαίνεται...:)

Reaction score
μην ξεχνας οτι εχω ακουσει auro 3D που εχει μονο καναλια υψους..:p

θα ακουσω και atmos σε εσενα που ειναι και σεταρισμενο και θα σου πω τις διαφορες που υπαρχουν :D
....εχουν τα ιδια demo ;)

τοχεις το δισκακι ε ;

rose.athens

Not in the mood Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To Auro έχει το Voice of God. Ένα στο κέντρο.

Έχω τόσο τα δυο τελευταία δισκάκια Atmos, όσο και το τελευταίο dts:x του 2016 που μόλις παρέλαβα. Μόνο που ο 5100 δεν υποστηρίζει dts:x ακόμα.

Μέλη online

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
geo kok