Ο Μανώλης Καστρουνής είναι ήδη στην IFA και βλέπει τα νέα μοντέλα. Αύριο θα έχει την ευκαιρία να δει και σε αποκλειστικότητα τον Ν7.
Θα βρείτε πολλές πληροφορίες στη σελίδα του στο facebook και σύντομα στο site του (perfectimage.gr)!!!
● Native on/off for all models with the iris fully open? Even if only a rough idea compared to the specs, which presumably are for iris fully closed?
We were unable to take measurements and JVC were not agreeable to confirming this yet
● Autocal support confirmation, and for which meters?
Yes and the same meters (Spyder); however, the Autocal is reportedly improved
● Is the lens on the N5/N7 the same lens as on the current models?
● Is their new tone mapping based on static HDR metadata, or are they doing real-time processing to calculate each frame’s peak brightness to emulate HDR10+ (similar to what MadVR does [EDIT:apparently, the UB820 only processes HDR10 static metadata])
Yes it is indeed based on static HDR metadata, similar to how the new Panasonic UB820 and UB9000 Blu-Ray players operate.
Furthermore, a rather neat feature, it tells you what is the media’s static HDR metadata (Max CLL and Max FALL).
● ANSI contrast
According to JVC but not yet definitely confirmed via independent measurements the ANSI contrast performance is increased by circa 50%. Unsure at the present time whether this extends to both of the N5 and N7 further to the NX9.
● Does the dynamic iris close further than on the current models (i.e. any improvement to fade to black)?
No. It’s the same.
● There are “up to” 10 installation memories that hold lens memory, pixel correction, masking etc all together, which sounds great, but how many of these for each model
With respect to the NX9 it’s 10. Unsure at the present time whether this includes the N5 and N7 as well, but I expect that it does.
● Is the HDMI sync time improved compared to the current models
Yes. It’s been HALVED
● Can you confirm the +/- 100% V and +/- 47% H lens shift reported by some sources?
● What is the lumen loss with DCI P3 filter in place?
According to JVC “it is less”
JVC were unwilling or unable to divulge more details that the fact it is less. So someone will simply have to measure it, which I will be doing myself, as and when I receive delivery of my units
● Is there additional video noise when eShift is turned on
No. There is absolutely zero additional video noise when eShift is turned on.
● Bright corners
The same. No improvement.
● Is the iris on the NX9 the same or new?
It is a completely new iris.
● How has JVC managed to increase the native ON/OFF contrast with native 4K so much?
JVC are understandably and as expected unwilling to say how they have done it; however, they have confirmed that it’s an entirely new optical block and chipset.
● Will JVC be releasing sometime next year a ‘big brother’ to the NX9 and/or replacement for the JVC RS4500/Z1 that’s essentially an NX9 with laser light source and higher peak lumens light output?
Would not confirm or deny.
● When will the production units for the projectors be available / ship ?
End of October.
● Impressions of lens performance and/or ability to resolve native 4K content at the pixel level
Despite all of the various pre-production related issues, and despite being 'out-of-the-box' uncalibrated, the NX9 completely aced both torture tests that I carried out. Firstly, it PERFECTLY resolved the Masciola single pixel native 4K test pattern off the HDR10 Test Pattern Suite, with perfect uniformity