Audio Spectrum questions from the UK

Reaction score
θα τα οδηγούν σαν μεθυσμένοι σε formula 1
Σ' αυτό έχεις ένα δίκιο και το χω τσεκάρει και γω. Τις κυριακές που βάζω να δω f1 και ακούω από πολυκάναλο --> crown όντως μου φαίνεται ότι οι οδηγοί πάνε σαν μεθυσμένοι. Βέβαια μπορεί να φταίει και το γεγονός ότι εγώ πριν συνήθως πηγαίνω για τσίπουρα ούζα.... :roflmao:

Σοβαρά τώρα αν μπορείς δοκίμασε με τα ηχεία σου έναν xls μπορεί να εκπλαγείς ευχάριστα... Και μην ακούς - διαβάζεις τις παρωχημένες ατάκες των "ποιητικών" reviewers του παρελθόντος

Reaction score
-
Φίλε ,
Μήν φρικάρειs !
Είμαστε ........καί σε κρίσιμη ηλικία . :party:
Τό " κωλοηχείο " ......δέν είναι γιά όλουs τουs " κωλοενισχυτέs "
Θέλει Αγάπη ! Αγάπη μόνο .
Καί θά σου τό ανταποδώσει .

:drinks:
Μωρέ τό κάνω και το πιάνει πόνος τώρα ένα χρόνο με τους 2 monoblock απλά τσαντίζομαι γιατί τόσα χρόνια που το έχω δε βρέθηκε κάποιος να μου πει την "αλήθεια" πως θέλει πολλάαα watt για να κελαηδήσει πράγμα που μου κόστισε ένα ζευγάρι tweeter κι άλλον ένα τελικό.

Emmanouil 1964

"Επαγγελματίας"
Reaction score
Μωρέ τό κάνω και το πιάνει πόνος τώρα ένα χρόνο με τους 2 monoblock απλά τσαντίζομαι γιατί τόσα χρόνια που το έχω δε βρέθηκε κάποιος να μου πει την "αλήθεια" πως θέλει πολλάαα watt για να κελαηδήσει πράγμα που μου κόστισε ένα ζευγάρι tweeter κι άλλον ένα τελικό.

-
ΟΥΦ !!!!!!
Αυτό ήθελα να ακούσω !
Ότι δεν θά βγείs στο μπαλκόνι .....καί θά τα φουντάρειs από τον τρίτο !
Όλα καλά !
Ούφ !

- Κυρά Μαρίααααα ,
- Μπορείs να βγείs από την πολυκατοικία .

-

Reaction score
αντιθέτως, οι λαμπίτσες είναι καλές. Οι λαμπίτσες δεν θα σου πέταγαν ποτέ DC στα ηχεία σου. Οι λαμπίτσες αγαπάνε όλο τον κόσμο

Reaction score
In the warehouse I saw something reinforcing parasound.
If you can get one :)

-
I already checked. These are cheap 35W amps and receivers from 1988. I contacted Parasound and even they told me to forget about them.o_O;)

Thank you again to everyone for your good words, support and ... jealousy! : lolsign:: tongue:

but again: nobody has any reviews or tech sheets about the Orpheus?

I would prefer not to take the drivers just to see their model number.

all the best! : drinks:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
I always thought the orpheus was the best speaker to buy from audio spectrum! And to my opinion the TLS series was a special series which defined the sound of audio spectrum at that time!Not that I underestimate the other speakers or the later series! All speakers were great but you cannot find that many transmission line speakers these days! I wish Mr Petropoulos would get back in business making TL speakers again!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reaction score
Hi Massimo..

I'm sending you your amplifier's manual from the collection I have.
I do not know if you already have it, but I think it will help you see all the technical features in more detail, so you better understand the potential of your good amplifier.

Always friendly !!

arcam 290 series user manual_Page_01_Image_0001.jpg
arcam 290 series user manual_Page_02_Image_0001.jpg
arcam 290 series user manual_Page_03_Image_0001.jpg
arcam 290 series user manual_Page_04_Image_0001.jpg
arcam 290 series user manual_Page_05_Image_0001.jpg

Reaction score
OK! I just received this email from George Petropoulos:

Dear Mr Majo,

your Arcam can drive all three of them just fine. If you want a big loudspeaker pick the Orpheus but if you want a smaller one i suggest you pick the Xanadu.

I really do not know how they ended up without a serial number but I dont think they are stolen, do not worry about that.

The Orpheus drivers are Woofer: P17RCY / P Midrange: MP17RCY / P Tweeter: 25TAF / DLG. You can also find the drivers (depending on the batch) without "/ P". Both the "/ P" and those without "/ P" fit the speaker

Whichever you pick I'm sure you will really enjoy it!
G. Petropoulos

Well, this puts an end to all the discussions. Cheers, everybody!

aad

Reaction score
Dear Massimo

Happy New Year!

I have to tell tou the following:

1) The Orpheus TLS is an extremely good reproducer of music!

2) The price you have bought it, is a REAL STEAL!!!!!!!
due of the crazy low price, you can change ALL the units of your speakers with new ones and you will have in your hands a speaker StATE OF THE ART!!!

3) To see what is the "age" of these Orpheus, you can read the Serial Number at the back of the speakers

4) You NEED a High Quality power amplifier to drive accurately these Orpheus

Consider that I own Orpheus TLS and I enjoy them VERY MUCH!
I am playing them with Musical Fidelity A5.5 Integrated Amplifier (2 x 250W /8 Ohm - 75 Amps max current!)
I compare their sound quality with Audio Spectrum Hermes v1 (an extremely rare super speaker!!!) side by side!

So be very happy, that somebody underestimate these beauties and, now, these are YOURS!

Enjoy the Orpheus with care and respect!!! (you CANNOT extract from them enough sound quality but only with a very high quality syetem, meaning "you hear what you feed"!!!)

Antonios Dragonas

daharis666

Επαγγελματίας Crystalator Μονολιθίξ
Reaction score
εντ δε οσκαρ φορ δε φερστ εμβόλιμο σχόλιουμ οφ δε γίαρ του σάουζαντ ναιντιν γκόουζ του...:whistling::laugh::roflmao:

Last edited:

Reaction score
Χαίρετε και καλή χρονιά σε όλους!

Ωραία θα ήταν να μπορούσαν να βρεθούν τα σχέδια μηπώς και μπορούσαμε να κατασκευάσουμε ξανά μόνοι μας και σε άλλο κόστος κάποια από τα διαμάντια της AS τώρα πια που η εταιρεία είναι ανάμνηση.

Reaction score
...η ΑS είχε εξαγωγική δραστηριότητα στην Αγγλία και το θεωρώ πιθανό να υπάρχουν κάπου ξεχασμένα NOS ηχεία της.
Αυτό γνωρίζω κι εγώ. Τα πιο mint Xanadu που έχω δει, περίπου 10 χρόνια πριν, ήταν σε Αγγλικό μαγαζί. Υποστήριζε ότι ήταν αμεταχείριστα και τα χε βγάλει από τις κούτες για να τα φωτογραφήσει. Ήταν HiFi μαγαζί και δε κατέβαινε κάτω από 500 (€ ή £ δε θυμάμαι) τα οποία θεωρούσα πολλά. Εξτρά ήταν τα ταχυδρομικά για ηχεία + βάσεις. Tα συγκεκριμένα που είχα δει είχαν ετικέτες και SN.

Reaction score
Happy New Year everybody!
Finally I had the time to set up the Orpheus in my little studio. They sound great, but now I really need to move the whole system in my living room because the studio is too small and I can really hear the limitations of such a little room.
The Xanadu fit much better the small space and here they give a better soundstage, the bigger Orpheus really need more air around them. Nevertheless they still sound great!
The Arcam 290 is doing a fine job, but I do hope to be able to get a good valve amplifier in the future.
A the end, I can only consider myself very fortunate and I do not need complain: to buy a set of Xanadu and one set of Orpheus for the price of a cheap loudspeaker is just such a blessing!
Thank you again for all the help and support I got from you all!
May the Ultimate Sound Be With You! :)

Staff online

• spylab
    Shalom
  • abcd
    Πρώην Διοικητής ο τροπαιοφόρος

ΣΤΑΤΙΣΤΙΚΑ

Threads
Members
Νεότερο μέλος
alkapsal